Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

FSL for V4.2 Tomorrow

I think FSL (Andrew's) "Tomorrow" will go down along with PMDG "soon"

now seems very unlikely today.

Read into this how you please.  O well it could be ready "tomorrow" :laugh:

4.2 and bugs :ohmy:

I've highlight what I think is the positive side of this!

"Gents-

another quick update on status, as it stands at the moment:

As I mentioned before, we have been tracing an issue that we considered important enough to fix before allowing a release to go out (it is a transient bug in our electrics network wiring logic that, as all transient bugs, is very difficult to pinpoint and trace). Some of you might have noticed it in streams that our beta testers were showcasing over the past few days.

We believe that we might have found the cause for this bug and are shortly going to produce a new build to our beta testers to play with, that should actually fix this issue.

As with any bug fixes of this nature, while we're very anxious and eager to release this to you as well, we should allow our beta testers enough time to test this release, before it's deemed "fixed".

I will give you another update when I have more news."

Red text = This could mean within hours or days? who knows?

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Well, today  is the day I had set in my mind for the release of the 320 after  the roadmap post last week. 

Looking at the last post from lefteris I don't think we are getting the bus this week unless they release over the weekend which seems very unlikely. He is not talking about tomorrow anymore. The bug he mentions affect a critical part  of the bus system so its not just a matter of launching  the sim and click a few button to see if its fixed.

I hope the modifications they made fixed the bug.

I moved to 4.2 two days ago and started experiencing the first withdrawal symptoms from not flying the bus. I need my fix. 

I am just glad that Lefteris has been giving updates. That's progress!

James

• Upvote 1

id love to know when LM actually gave them the 4.2 update.. Ill bet is was a couple of days before the release.  Why cant LM actually work hand in hand with developers instead of just throwing them a beta a couple of days before hand.   Ive been saying for 15 years computer developers should try their fantastic social skills and work together.  Too much to ask for 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

16 minutes ago, tooting said:

Why cant LM actually work hand in hand with developers instead of just throwing them a beta a couple of days before hand.

In some cases, they do. PMDG are involved in P3D’s testing process, reporting to them if their addons break due to an issue in the sim itself.

18 minutes ago, tooting said:

id love to know when LM actually gave them the 4.2 update.. Ill bet is was a couple of days before the release.  Why cant LM actually work hand in hand with developers instead of just throwing them a beta a couple of days before hand.   Ive been saying for 15 years computer developers should try their fantastic social skills and work together.  Too much to ask for 

They probably got the beta  of 4.2 way sooner than that,  but  as the name says  they got a BETA of 4.2

The version we got  isn't tested by the 3rd party developers,  its not their job. They get  the  final release at the same time we get  it. And apparently some last minute changes were made in the final  build which were  not present  in earlier betas so there was no way  for  3rd party developers to prepare for that.

Someone in another thread said that you don't need 4.2 to run the new fix for the 320.  Is that accurate?  I was under the impression that you needed 4.2.  Otherwise, why even update to 4.2?  Are there benefits for us flying the bus?  Much of what I saw looked like 4.2 was improvements to helicopters, VR, etc.  Please enlighten me!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

it will be compatible with 4.1 and 4.2 but  it is recommended by the devs to use  4.2 to enjoy all the updates improvements

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I think FSL (Andrew's) "Tomorrow" will go down along with PMDG "soon"

now seems very unlikely today.

Read into this how you please.  O well it could be ready "tomorrow" :laugh:

4.2 and bugs :ohmy:

I've highlight what I think is the positive side of this!

"Gents-

another quick update on status, as it stands at the moment:

As I mentioned before, we have been tracing an issue that we considered important enough to fix before allowing a release to go out (it is a transient bug in our electrics network wiring logic that, as all transient bugs, is very difficult to pinpoint and trace). Some of you might have noticed it in streams that our beta testers were showcasing over the past few days.

We believe that we might have found the cause for this bug and are shortly going to produce a new build to our beta testers to play with, that should actually fix this issue.

As with any bug fixes of this nature, while we're very anxious and eager to release this to you as well, we should allow our beta testers enough time to test this release, before it's deemed "fixed".

I will give you another update when I have more news."

Red text = This could mean within hours or days? who knows?

Thanks for the continuous updates, David.

Very much appreciated!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, 238932 said:

it will be compatible with 4.1 and 4.2 but  it is recommended by the devs to use  4.2 to enjoy all the updates improvements

That makes sense.  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

2 hours ago, 238932 said:

So which improvements are 4.2 specific because they did not break it down. They did say they recommend 4.2 for what it brings and fixes to P3D. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Even though I would have preferred to fly the FSL bus by now, I think it is very positive how Lefteris seems to have improved on communication. With the frequent updates he has provided over the past few days, it is perfectly understandable why they haven‘t released it yet and makes the waiting kind of easier. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

6 hours ago, 238932 said:

Well, today  is the day I had set in my mind for the release of the 320 after  the roadmap post last week. 

Looking at the last post from lefteris I don't think we are getting the bus this week unless they release over the weekend which seems very unlikely. He is not talking about tomorrow anymore. The bug he mentions affect a critical part  of the bus system so its not just a matter of launching  the sim and click a few button to see if its fixed.

I hope the modifications they made fixed the bug.

I moved to 4.2 two days ago and started experiencing the first withdrawal symptoms from not flying the bus. I need my fix. 

Hey 238932,

Lefteris was probably purposely careful about not using the T word...and on close inspection of his post, this is indeed true.

I mentioned this yesterday:

So many devs have been burned and burned badly (we all know who if you watch all the forums) by "thinking" they'll be releasing within a week, day, etc....only to come up on THE DAY and realize its not quite ready.

Kudos to Lefteris and other devs to at least keep the communication flowing, but this has got to be extremely frustrating on their side as well...as it seems no matter how confident that they're ready to release...one little thing comes up in the end to bite them in butt!  Hence the trend (well standard practice now) to not even mention a specific release date or even a time frame (like "Very early 2018") as we've seen that blow up too.  You just can't nail down a date when you're dealing with software were the platform is constantly changing.

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 hours ago, tooting said:

Why cant LM actually work hand in hand with developers instead of just throwing them a beta a couple of days before hand.

Please stop doing this ... you know it's not accurate, I know it's not accurate, the developers know it's not accurate, so why do you keep presenting this over and over?  I'm LM's Global Moderator, I've been on the Beta's from V2 to V3 toV4, I see the developers working with LM and LM working with developers.  I honestly don't understand why you keep presenting this false information ... what does it do for you?

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, carlito777 said:

Even though I would have preferred to fly the FSL bus by now, I think it is very positive how Lefteris seems to have improved on communication. 

I expect he's seen revenues drop. 

That's the only reason I can think of why he'd increase communications. It's called panic.