Sign in to follow this  
LarsJelle

Must have add-ons?

Hi fellow aviation lovers!

What are some must have add-ons to have? 

Not considering costs. Currently running a few but there should be some I don't know of!

Scenery or airplanes, what ever, call it! :)

Any destination airport that you like the look of from both FlyTampa and Flightbeam Studios as they are of the highest standard available.
My other favourite quality airports are Aerosoft's Frankfurt and Barcelona, Taxi2Gate's Munich and ORBX's Innsbruck.

As for aircraft, I think Majestic's Dash Q400 is a must have if you like regional flying. I'm also a big fan of A2A Simulations Cherokee with AccuSim for low and slow flying. For a tried and tested jet, PMDG's 737 NGX.

For textures and shaders, EnvTex and EnvShade give a quick and easy way to make it all look pretty in the sim.

Active Sky ASP4 for the weather engine.

There will be plenty of other simmers who will argue with these suggestions, but it is all down to personal preference and what you want most from your sim experience.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Chaseplane 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

NGX, anything a2a, majestic q400, Orbx scenery, fsl a320, active sky, chase plane, envtex, envshade, anything flightbeam, and I believe the maddog x will soon be a must have.  

Matt Wilson

Xp11

• Upvote 2

Regards

Paul EGCC

The things i use on every flight are PFPX, chase plane, active sky, sky force, envtex.  Couldn’t fly without them.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Depends on the kind of flying that you do.. :huh:

• Upvote 1

Bert

my must have (without aircrafts or scenery, as this will depend)

FSUIPC - controllers

EZDOK - cameras

TrackIR - head movement

PFPX - flight planing

Multi Crew Experience - speech recognition

Lord of the landing - landing parameters (touch down rate etc)

HIFI ASP4 and ASCA - weather and cloud textures

ENVSHADE and ENVTEX - Shaders mod and environment textures

Precipit - precipitation effects

AI lights Reborn - improves AI lights

REX - textures

FTX Global Base - ground textures, autogen and night lights

FTX OpenLC - Landclasses

The list is longer than I thought...

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Depends on the kind of flying that you do.. :huh:

That's why recommending aircraft is odd and depending on that the type of flying also the size of airfield you need/want.

8 hours ago, regis9 said:

The things i use on every flight are PFPX, chase plane, active sky, sky force, envtex.  Couldn’t fly without them.

+1

Plus PTA

PTA changers the sim to another level and that does not matter what type of flying you do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

.......there always one smart XXX:blink:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

It all depends of course, but I can't do without the following:

1) FSUIPC

2) Track-IR

3) PTA

4) Global AI Ship Traffic (Freeware by Henrik Nielsen & Co.)

5) AI Aircraft Traffic (Various freeware packages) 

6) Active Sky

Anything else is optional and dependant on where and what you like to fly.

Edited by simmerhead

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!