BillS511

New airport from Flightbeam

to be announced at Flight Expo. Hint ???N. Anyone have a clue what this might be?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am a bit disappointed. Both of their major projects which I was much looking forward to, i.e. Auckland NZAA and Portland KPDX, seem to be more or less stalled, at least seen from the outside. Add the fact that Frankfurt EDFF was cancelled before (yes, I know, it was not their fault, but still).

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hi Michael,

I think Bill Womack is up to his elbows in KPDX in some kind of joint venture with FB... It's one I've been looking forward to since I was a big fan of Vauchez's work previously (if I could only get them to redo Providence)...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 1

Maybe MMUN (Cancun), or NFFN (Nadi)?

I have been following the FB forum on this one and didn't get the impression of quick progress. In any case they explicitely stated they don't have to report any progress at the FlightsimExpo.

Kind regards,. Michael

I would word not allowed up either KPDX or MMUN. I can't figure out why there aren't any decent MMUN's around... 🙂

Posted (edited)

My money is on EINN or YBNN. 

Edited by B777ER

Maybe they'll throw us a curveball and develop OPRN. 

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I am a bit disappointed. Both of their major projects which I was much looking forward to, i.e. Auckland NZAA and Portland KPDX, seem to be more or less stalled, at least seen from the outside. Add the fact that Frankfurt EDFF was cancelled before (yes, I know, it was not their fault, but still).

Kind regards, Michael

I am with you on this one. NZAA has been announced since August 2018. And as things are now, we will not see it this year. For a little airport like this, this is quite a long time for a full-time developer. I just hope, that it really happens and does not end up like EDDF. A proper NZAA is long overdue. Maybe their new airport is NZWN 🙂

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

My money is on EINN or YBNN. 

YBNN?

34 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

I am with you on this one. NZAA has been announced since August 2018. And as things are now, we will not see it this year. For a little airport like this, this is quite a long time for a full-time developer. I just hope, that it really happens and does not end up like EDDF. A proper NZAA is long overdue. Maybe their new airport is NZWN 🙂

The problem with Auckland is two fold.

1. The airport is going through a lot of physical change - taxiway redevelopment, new domestic terminal.

2. The airport is not being helpful with respect to airside access which is making things difficult. It has been a very busy period for the airport from mid last year until end of March.

It is certainly not dead in the water but a decision needs to be made as when to draw a line in the sand as to what needs to be modeled and when..

A FB quality Dublin would be amazing. This is one airport desperately needing some V4 love. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, John_Tavendale said:

My money is on Wellington

I would *love* to see Wellington, but on one hand Godzone once said they will remake it (no statement when...) and on the other hand the situation might pan out similar to NZAA.

18 minutes ago, cowpatz said:

1. The airport is going through a lot of physical change - taxiway redevelopment, new domestic terminal.

2. The airport is not being helpful with respect to airside access which is making things difficult. It has been a very busy period for the airport from mid last year until end of March.

That reconstruction has been planned ahead for years, as far as I recall. And concerning airside access, they might have learned a lesson from EDFF and assured access in advance of lauching the project.

Sorry if this sounds a bit frustrated... but I am. Was looking forward to an outstanding EDFF, next NZAA, next KPDX ... and nothing materializes.

Kind regards, Michael

57 minutes ago, cowpatz said:

YBNN?

YBBN sorry, fat fingered the key board.

48 minutes ago, Airline2Sim said:

A FB quality Dublin would be amazing. This is one airport desperately needing some V4 love. 

Shannon is EINN.

I would not be surprised if it is KPDX as Bill has said he has enlisted help and although he is now working in ORBX it will be released through FlightBeam.  

Just now, rjfry said:

I would not be surprised if it is KPDX as Bill has said he has enlisted help and although he is now working in ORBX it will be released through FlightBeam.  

Amir has already posted a cryptic message of the new airport. In it, N is the last of the 4 digit ID. 

6 minutes ago, rjfry said:

That has been excluded on the FB forum. 

Kind regards, Michael

Posted (edited)

All of you will find out in a couple days (Cough) FSExpo (Cough). :cool:

Announcements will be on our forums and Facebook as well. 

If any of you are attending, be sure to stop by and say hello to Mir. He will have a booth setup.

Cheers.

Edited by Tino

My mistake I already have all of the FB airports hope its in the US or Europe were I fly most. 

I'm glad someone brought up KPDX.  I didn't want to hijack the thread but I'm wondering what's happening with that project.

19 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I'm glad someone brought up KPDX.  I didn't want to hijack the thread but I'm wondering what's happening with that project.

Still in progress. Bill Womack is the developer for that one and will likely go into 2019. KPDX will not interfere with other developments. 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Amir has already posted a cryptic message of the new airport. In it, N is the last of the 4 digit ID. 

NZWN Wellington is my guess.

Greg

• Like 1