FuriousBird

New major african hub scenery - FSDG GOBD

Hey all, for those in terrible need of west african airports, FSDG released Dakar LITE-series for 8,00 euros (GOBD - Blaise Diagne) which recently replaced GOOY (Leopold Sedar Senghor airport) for commercial operations.

A big thank to them for supporting such underrepresented areas in the flightsim world!  

Paris - Dakar here we go 😎

Regards,

JP

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Every African scenery is welcome.  I really hope FSDG tackle Addis Ababa and Cape Town.

• Like 5

Good to see some African airports getting some attention, they are great for freight ops in Air Hauler, will check that out 🙂

17 minutes ago, Chock said:

Good to see some African airports getting some attention,

We really do need Orbx LandClass for Africa too - although they seem to have gone quiet on this.

• Like 1

Just now, ErichB said:

We really do need Orbx LandClass for Africa too - although they seem to have gone quiet on this.

LC due to be released this year as per their forums...and hopefully some developer will release FACT!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

The plans for OLC Africa and Asia definitely vanished.  I have all OLCs released so far and really enjoy them.

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

and asia.. lets hope, haha

1 hour ago, Luis_KMIA said:

The plans for OLC Africa and Asia definitely vanished.  I have all OLCs released so far and really enjoy them.

Ya, that stinks. Really want Asia LC. 

I will be an immediate purchaser for both OLCs. Come on, Orbx!

James

Nicely done scenery and inexpensive too at £9.25 in the UK, here's my A340 at the main terminal...

O5f0Dpu.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is a nice little scenery and for under €10. What a bargain!
FSDG seem to like their 'obscure' airports (from a simming point of view) with GOBD now joining Djerba, Marsa Alam and Sharm El-Sheikh in their catalogue.

Other notable quality payware sceneries include Kilimanjaro and Banjul. Very slowly the list is growing.

I reckon once OLC Africa (incl. Middle East) is released will see a more consistent flow of African airports being developed.
You never know, we might see one of the big 5 from FAOR, HECA, FACT, GMMN, or DNMM in time for P3Dv5.

For the love of god someone make Joburg 

Thanks to FSDG team for this renewed concept: good designed airports in new countries for a incomparable budget. Hope for this team a big success. Ideal for renewing long hauls in 747, 777, 787, A330 or A340

I have completed now this collection of airports...

Add my vote for more African content ... talked to Ed at Orbx about this at FSExpo ... it's a very FPS friendly area.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, tooting said:

For the love of god someone make Joburg 

The airport authorities won't allow access for photography and technical research - unless you hand the right person a suitcase of cash.  Unfortunately, that's how South Africa / Africa rolls.   That's why Aerosoft's developer had to can the FAOR project, which would otherwise have been completed by now.