GSX v2 Released--Animated Pax and SODE jetways everywhere

6 hours ago, Alti said:

OMSI Grandma meets Flightsim!

You knew OMSI? Its the Bussimulator:

Omsi-Oma-3c2c034433c50a247.jpg

And now in GSX:

Omsi-Oma-1cfb0bb9fbb43cb4d.jpg
Omsi-Oma-26b4fec6998eb0b05.jpg

i think, thats great, i can drive my grandma to the airport, and then fly to all over the world!

🙂

she travels light and good she doesnt need a WCHR, mine does

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

14 minutes ago, pgde said:

Just out of curiosity, why did you buy this?

I didn't .Yet

Sorry to be the drunk at the party, while it looks really cool and I think the guys have done a great job, I think it is excessively overpriced for an expansion pack. I know I’ll be told then don’t buy it, but just saying. 😃 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I'm just wondering if I have to buy this expansion to get the next expansion or if I'll be able to pick and choose which ones are important to me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Sorry to be the drunk at the party, while it looks really cool and I think the guys have done a great job, I think it is excessively overpriced for an expansion pack. I know I’ll be told then don’t buy it, but just saying. 😃 

Whereas Gsx (which I have been using for many years) is regularly updated and improved with new features.

Considering that I have no doubt that the program + addon will certainly continue to be updated with new features....and finally that Umberto and his team have done a great job.

I think it's a real, real good deal!

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Congrats Umberto!  A milestone in the flightsim world.  Should add a lot of immersion into a flight.  Looking forward to add this as soon as I get my flightsim PC put back together.  😀

Clutch

• Like 2

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Actually P3D suddenly became an Airport simulator!
Love it! 🙂
Thank you very much and congrats FSDT.

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

It does appear a bit steep if you add the cost of the original to the expansion, but I suspect the thinking behind it is that people bought GSX ages ago, and so it's well given its money's worth, making the expansion a bit more palatable. And...

Having said that, what on the face of it looks like a simple upgrade with bit more visually pleasing action, almost certainly belies the work that I daresay was involved in getting it to work fairly seamlessly in a sim where everyone's chucking tons of add-ons at the base platform. I should imagine it was no small thing to have it work pretty well with nearly every add-on aeroplane and airport; you know what flight simmers are like, they'll whine louder than a jet engine if something doesn't work 100 percent, and so the developers will also have had to factor in support queries and tweaks with the cost of it.

Moreover, if you've ever done something even as basic as a paint job for an aeroplane for FS and had to keep on restarting the sim and loading the thing up to check it is all working, you'll know that can be a bit tedious. But I reckon that would pale into insignificance in comparison to the amount of faffing about and checking they probably had to do to get those animated passengers behaving themselves in a sim platform which, let's not forget, wasn't really designed to do that sort of thing and is as we know, not especially well optimised for graphical fanciness. When you think about that, I'd say it is probably a fair day's pay for a fair day's work so to speak.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 9/7/2018 at 6:52 PM, Wise87 said:

So it sounds like if I want to see pax loading at say UK2000's EGLL that I will need to follow this process for the jetway I am parked at and then select a glass style bridge.  Lot of work involved.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

46 minutes ago, MarkW said:

So it sounds like if I want to see pax loading at say UK2000's EGLL that I will need to follow this process for the jetway I am parked at and then select a glass style bridge.  Lot of work involved.

Hmm that seems like alot. 

I tried without reading the manual at FT EKCH A20 and it worked without exiting the scenery. Maybe i did not do it proberly and have to start All over with next sim session. 

I noticed on landing though and deboarding at gate D6 it was like in a loop. It kept deboarding. 

Great product it seem so far. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

12 hours ago, Alti said:

OMSI Grandma meets Flightsim!

You knew OMSI? Its the Bussimulator:

Well, to give credit where credit is due, that person (and several others in GSX) is made by a company in Milano, named AXYZ Design, that sells 3D models of people to software developers, and since they are very well done and usable, we just bought a proper commercial license from them, just like OMSI did.

Lots of models you see in GSX and in other products too (I've seen them in sceneries for FSX, P3D and X-Plane), are licensed from Turbosquid, which is another popular source of 3d models.

Sometimes they can be used almost as they are (but we still have to *animate* them, they are just static models, when bought), sometimes they are heavily customized, sometimes they are almost remade from scratch. There's no rule. Of course, it's much *easier* to recognize a face, than a vehicle.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Who's your favorite character so far? The lady with the short red dress is my fav so far haha

John

4 hours ago, 757FO said:

Who's your favorite character so far? The lady with the short red dress is my fav so far haha

John

+1
yz3b3sI.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/8/2018 at 2:41 AM, regis9 said:

Based on the show I saw last night about shadow people in a haunted house I'd say your bus is haunted.  

You asked, we listened: the Zombies/Terminators are gone:

2018-9-10_1-57-16-411.jpg

Yes, they are bit blurred, for the performance reasons already explained but, they surely looks better. Run the FSDT Live Update now to get them, together with other smaller bugfixes.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2