dpergau

FlightBeam on sale - 30% off US airports

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the heads-up. Pity KIAD from them just sits at 90% for ages when loading P3Dv4. Gave up using that airport after 3 attempts, all stuck at 90% !!

8 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for the heads-up. Pity KIAD from them just sits at 90% for ages when loading P3Dv4. Gave up using that airport after 3 attempts, all stuck at 90% !!

I have all Flightbeam sceneries except EDDN and yes they all load up super quick.  Something is wrong on your settings.  Please visit their support forums.

Thanks for the sale info.  I will wait till EDDN comes on sale 🤪

6 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Something is wrong on your settings. 

Eh? And with no issues whatsoever with almost all  heavy Orbx sceneries, various FT airports, UK2000 airports, and Aerosoft and FSDT airports, I do find that odd..

Just now, vc10man said:

Eh? And with no issues whatsoever with almost all  heavy Orbx sceneries, various FT airports, UK2000 airports, and Aerosoft and FSDT airports, I do find that odd..

Yes...no issues.

I have a feeling that you are using My Traffic 6.  On my system that was 100% slowing me down.  I removed that and viola speed came in.  And I have use super fast SSD.  I have FS Global 2010 Mesh, FTX Regions, Airports from FB, FSDT, Vector and open LC NA+EU

18 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Yes...no issues.

I have a feeling that you are using My Traffic 6.  On my system that was 100% slowing me down.  I removed that and viola speed came in.  And I have use super fast SSD.  I have FS Global 2010 Mesh, FTX Regions, Airports from FB, FSDT, Vector and open LC NA+EU

Aha, you may have hit the nail there. I do use My Traffic 6a. Will check it out. Thanks for the tip.

1 hour ago, dpergau said:

No sale on EDDN

Maybe because EDDN is actually not a Flightbeam product.

25 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Aha, you may have hit the nail there. I do use My Traffic 6a. Will check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Try eliminating the AFCAD for KIAD in My Traffic 6.

26 minutes ago, mwilk said:

Thank for that far better tip as I'm loathe to lose MT6a Ai traffic.

2 hours ago, Rafal said:

Maybe because EDDN is actually not a Flightbeam product.

Unless it is , while it acctually is.

13 hours ago, mwilk said:

Tried that. Now. instead of P3D being stuck endlessly at 90%, it is now stuck at 87% 'Loading, Air ,Land, Sea Traffic'.

Going to remove Flightbeam's sceneries.

6 hours ago, vc10man said:

Tried that. Now. instead of P3D being stuck endlessly at 90%, it is now stuck at 87% 'Loading, Air ,Land, Sea Traffic'.

Going to remove Flightbeam's sceneries.

I've never heard of this issue before with KIAD. Try uninstalling KIAD, then check to see if the problem persists. After uninstalling, be sure there are no other addons at KIAD. For further assistance be sure to head over to our support forum or email us. 
It always amazes me how many users give up on issues they're having without even contacting us. 95% of problems encountered are not even caused by the scenery, but rather a conflicting addon from another developer. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, KrisJ said:

Unless it is , while it acctually is.

It is not. It is developed by 29Palms and Captain7. Flightbeam is the publisher in this case. I assume mostly for the US folks. In Europe and specially Germany, 29Palms airports are well known for their high quality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

It is not. It is developed by 29Palms and Captain7. Flightbeam is the publisher in this case. I assume mostly for the US folks. In Europe and specially Germany, 29Palms airports are well known for their high quality.

A220 is developed by Bombardier. Its Airbus’ Product.

30 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

A220 is developed by Bombardier. Its Airbus’ Product. 

Go on simmarket and check he Flightbeam products... no EDDN ... but you will find it under 29 Palms... published by Aerosoft. That hardly counts as a Flightbeam product. If you go in the supermarket and buy a Coca Cola it is not automatically a Walmart's (or whatever) product. They just sell it. Same with EDDN and Flightbeam.

1 hour ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

I've never heard of this issue before with KIAD. Try uninstalling KIAD, then check to see if the problem persists. After uninstalling, be sure there are no other addons at KIAD. For further assistance be sure to head over to our support forum or email us. 
It always amazes me how many users give up on issues they're having without even contacting us. 95% of problems encountered are not even caused by the scenery, but rather a conflicting addon from another developer. 

Hi Folks,

Now that's impressive - a support team that makes house calls - nice !

Kudos sir...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Wow Mir, I had to no idea you were here on Avsim.  Yay.  

2 hours ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Your airports(of which I only have 3) have caused me no end of grief today.

Been flying for the last 4-7 weeks, every single day, on long or medium, or short-haul flights, using complex aircraft add-ons such as FSL's A318-320, PMDG range of aircraft, with a plethora of Orbx airports and sceneries, regions; with UK2000, FSDT's, FlyTampa's, Aerosoft simWimgs, Thai Creations, Taxi2Gate, LatinVFR airports; with AS16, PFPX, GSX, AivlaSoft, FSUPIC, MT6a add-ons, and none of them have caused my P3Dv4 one single issue.............that is until today, when I decided I'd give the PMDG 777F a try from your KIAD to KPHX.

But after numerous attempts despite following a tip here, once I had selected KIAD, or KPHX, P3Dv4 got stuck at 90% and CTD.

Back to a working fix to get P3D to work again, without a CTD, etc, except this time, I completely uninstalled your airports.

And they will stay uninstalled !

Edited by vc10man

2 hours ago, officercrockey said:

Go on simmarket and check he Flightbeam products... no EDDN ... but you will find it under 29 Palms... published by Aerosoft. That hardly counts as a Flightbeam product. If you go in the supermarket and buy a Coca Cola it is not automatically a Walmart's (or whatever) product. They just sell it. Same with EDDN and Flightbeam.

Why should i go to some some other website? Coca Cola is bad example. Its branded the same way wherever u buy it, its FMCG. 

With unbranded soft published on software producer website its their product. Be sure. This is how cosumers can or should consider it.

You probably didnt understand the comment i made to initiall statement. If one said that the EDDN is not on sale as it is not developed by FB... But its not the case.

Lets just leave it now as it is as it may start looking like someone has a problem with FB not discounting EDDN which was not a point at all.

I just added KMSP and KDEN to my collection (already had KIAD). Thanks for the great deals, Mir! You do wonderful work.

And for the record, both airports installed problem free, just like KIAD did last month.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Mir! You do wonderful work.

Absolutely! 👍

• Like 1

Flightbeam airports are without a doubt my favorites, and worth every penny. Highly recommended.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2018 at 10:45 AM, vc10man said:

Your airports(of which I only have 3) have caused me no end of grief today.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, but like I said, I've never heard anybody else have this issue before with KIAD. If there was indeed a bug with the product we'd be getting a mountain of emails. And since you haven't emailed our support to we can troubleshoot the issue I'm unable to help you with the problem. 

On 11/21/2018 at 11:41 AM, KrisJ said:

Why should i go to some some other website? Coca Cola is bad example. Its branded the same way wherever u buy it, its FMCG. 

With unbranded soft published on software producer website its their product. Be sure. This is how cosumers can or should consider it.

You probably didnt understand the comment i made to initiall statement. If one said that the EDDN is not on sale as it is not developed by FB... But its not the case.

Lets just leave it now as it is as it may start looking like someone has a problem with FB not discounting EDDN which was not a point at all.

About the EDDN debate 😉 Flightbeam is the publisher of that product, not the developer. So I don't decide if it gets a discount or not. That is purely based on the developer's decision to put it on sale or not. Hope that helps clear it up. 

And thanks everyone for the supportive comments! I'm glad to hear about your positive experience. I do lurk around AVSIM quite a bit as I'm a simmer myself. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Sorry to hear about your trouble, but like I said, I've never heard anybody else have this issue before with KIAD. If there was indeed a bug with the product we'd be getting a mountain of emails. And since you haven't emailed our support to we can troubleshoot the issue I'm unable to help you with the problem. 

As a rule, I am loathe to badger over-loaded, over-stressed,---on the +ve side, -----or 'we-couldn't-care-less-we-have-your-money-now-so-we-may-reply-to-your-issue-next-century',--- on the -ve side, ---developers, without first trying to resolve whatever, by myself.

And that is precisely what I did. After your particular KIAD and KPHX caused P3Dv4 to go into meltdown, I followed Poppet's Guide and deleted every airport add-on I had and have spent the whole day today, re-installing, one by one, and at each stage noting how long the sim took to load, how long I actually got to a Gate/Stand, before moving on to the next airport add-on.

And, suffice to say, it paid off, because I at last managed a flight from your KPHX-KIAD, in a PMDG freighter.

Nevertheless, I give due credit where credit is due. Good to note the support is there.