fakeflyer737

Aerosoft CRJ

Recommended Posts

Is the Aerosoft CRJ any good? 

I know it wasn't very good on release but has Aerosoft made it better? 
 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's pretty good now but it took a long time to get to where it is. One of the navigraph updates broke the fms but the last update fixed that.

Share this post


Link to post

I love it. An aircraft that constantly needs direct input from the pilot when on autopilot, unlike Airbus and Boeing, I think (as a simmer and not actual pilot) that Aerosoft did a great job with this one - even if it took longer than expected.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I definitely enjoy it too. Looks good, flies well, more stable - nice for those shorter trips.

Share this post


Link to post

I suffered from numerous crashes and LNAV issues; consequently, I have shelved this bird. It looks and flys great; yet, it lacks a polish feel. I’ll tell you, I can’t stand some of the high-end developers; they have raised the bar so high that I find it difficult to enjoy aircraft that fail to meet this bar. Still, having said that, I’d still recommend this aircraft.  The crashes seem to effect a small percentage of users; so, it’s likely you won’t encounter this issue. You can’t beat the price either; I’d go for it...

Share this post


Link to post

Even I am on the fence.  Is this now near Majestic Q400 or PMDG level? I know they have have tons of updates on it.  So current users please share your experiences of the latest build?

Share this post


Link to post

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, IMO? perhaps 80% or so of the Majestic or pmdg. Again, imo ,it's the best crj out there for relabilty and function. I despise comparing. Like comparing a beauty queen to the average person! We can't all be beautiful. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

In my opinion it is not even near Majestic or PMDG. It also don't has the level of the TfDi B717.

But if you want an CRJ it is not a bad plane. But as @kingm56 said, it is hard to enjoy it after you flew those other planes. One thing what I don't like in particular is the sound, it is pretty dull. After all the updates it is working ok for me and for the occasional short hop it can be quite nice.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, kingm56 said:

I suffered from numerous crashes and LNAV issues; consequently, I have shelved this bird. It looks and flys great; yet, it lacks a polish feel. I’ll tell you, I can’t stand some of the high-end developers; they have raised the bar so high that I find it difficult to enjoy aircraft that fail to meet this bar. Still, having said that, I’d still recommend this aircraft.  The crashes seem to effect a small percentage of users; so, it’s likely you won’t encounter this issue. You can’t beat the price either; I’d go for it...

Which other developer has developed the CRJ that has the bar so high?  

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

In my opinion it is not even near Majestic or PMDG. It also don't has the level of the TfDi B717.

But if you want an CRJ it is not a bad plane. But as @kingm56 said, it is hard to enjoy it after you flew those other planes. One thing what I don't like in particular is the sound, it is pretty dull. After all the updates it is working ok for me and for the occasional short hop it can be quite nice.

I had no idea Majestic, PMDG, and TiDi had developed the CRJ, too. Interesting.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, joemiller said:

I had no idea Majestic, PMDG, and TiDi had developed the CRJ, too. Interesting.  

Can you read? Where did I say that. I referred to @Skywolf's question if it is on Majestic or PMDG level. Nobody talked about PMDG CRJ or Majestic CRJ.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

Can you read? Where did I say that. I referred to @Skywolf's question if it is on Majestic or PMDG level. Nobody talked about PMDG CRJ or Majestic CRJ.

Ahhhhh. sorry David. I misread. I thought those developers had already developed the CRJ, so it was time to compare them. Man, my reading is bad.  :ph34r:

 

:laugh:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Unlike a lot of people, I thought the Aerosoft CRJ actually wasn't too bad right from the outset when it was released, much of the criticism was to do with two things, the first being that it had been promised for so long and suffered from so many release delays that it was starting to become a joke, and then when it was released, the developer was unavailable for a few days after, so some initial quick patches were a bit slow in coming. All of this combined to make plenty of people quite vocal about issues which were really rather minor in the grand scheme of things. Yes it had a few issues, but nothing which I thought was a deal breaker, nevertheless, it got a number of tweaks anyway and now it is a pretty good add-on aeroplane and worth having in your collection.

There is another CRJ for FSX/P3D, that being the Virtualcol one, which is definitely on the cheap and cheerful side, but on the plus side, you get the Series 200, 700, 900 and 1000 variants with a ton of different liveries for the bargain basement price of less than 20 quid, which works out at a fiver per variant. So if you just want a pretty decent lookalike and are not too bothered about full systems realism, then it's worth a look. Being that it is an unashamedly 'lite' simulation, it runs at blistering frame rates. There is one thing it has which the Aerosoft CRJ does not have, and that's an autothrottle; the real CRJ does not have one as standard, however you can find CRJs with autothrottles fitted as an after-market modification, so it's not unrealistic for it to feature one.

If you are 'prepared' to not use Prepared, and instead go for XPlane, there is a fantastic CRJ available for that by the way. Theoretically it is for XPlane 10, not 11, but I have got it working in v11, so if you really desperately want a pretty realistic CRJ and are not bothered about which sim platform it is in, this is another avenue for you to consider.

Having said all that, if you just want a regional airliner, and realism is you main criteria, then you can't get better than the Majestic Q400 because with the possible exception of the FSL A320, that Majestic bird is the best simulated airliner you can get for P3D.

Share this post


Link to post

I was on the team for the documentation so I got to use the beta version of it while working on it. I still bought it afterwards since the patch updates weren't available anymore. 

Happy to pay for it and it's enjoyable. A welcome change from the Airbus/Boeing rut that we all get into. 

Share this post


Link to post

It had a few glaring flaws upon release.
LNAV and WPT-sequencing was far from perfect.

Pressurization was also sketchy (has been improved ALOT in the latest betas)
Also add a number of 100% CTD scenarios and I can understand people were vocal in their critizism.

But the plane is really coming into its own with the latest builds and the future holds even more goodies. 

Is it PMDG / Majestic level? No. But that is certainly not preventing me from enjoying the CRJ.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, to be fair, it is now a great aircraft, but upon release it was a huge mess. I was surprised that Aerosoft released an addon in such a terrible shape. Over 6 years in the making, how did they get it so terrible? No idea.. But I doubt it was being worked on all those years.  I'm guessing it was standing and rushed in the last 7 months before release. Of course, just my guess.  But, I can assure you  Aerosoft learned the lesson, fixed it,  and I'm sure they will never ever release another unfinished/ terrible addon.  They fixed it and NOW it's a beautiful aircraft to fly ... One of the best out there.  

One thing they could (or should) fix is the sound.. It's is way too generic.Does not have a distinctive sound to the CRJ.,.. The sound is too light and pale.  

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Folks,

Hmm - sounds promising - haven't flown it in years - I'm only an occasional commercial flyer - maybe it's time to grab all the updates I missed and take another look...

Regards,
Scott

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, joemiller said:

One thing they could (or should) fix is the sound.. It's is way too generic.Does not have a distinctive sound to the CRJ.,.. The sound is too light and pale.  

 

You’d be surprised how quiet the engines are from a cockpit perspective. Having said that, I can understand the necessity of “louder” sounds to make the immersion of being there so much greater. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, alex86 said:

You’d be surprised how quiet the engines are from a cockpit perspective. Having said that, I can understand the necessity of “louder” sounds to make the immersion of being there so much greater. 

huh/?  No, not the sound from the cockpit... It's all sounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, joemiller said:

huh/?  No, not the sound from the cockpit... It's all sounds. 

Gotcha. My mistake if I misunderstood you

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the replies fellas. 

 

Say does it fly an RNAV approach pretty good in terms of steering ?

 

I hear it has an F/O as well...is it useful, I hate flying without FS2crew

 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

 

Say does it fly an RNAV approach pretty good in terms of steering 

 

RNAV approach with LNAV and V/S along with LNAV minimas.
This is off course not the same as RNAV RNP approach.

(btw it comes with ILS CAT IIIA certification though)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now