barramundilure

Having trouble with the DA62 accelerating on T/O

Hi everyone

I am a real world pilot but having trouble with the new Vertx DA 62.  Going through my pre takeoff checks and when ready push the throttles up.  Accelerate to about 58kt and no further increase in speed despite showing full power on the G1000.

Fuel pumps on, G1000 showing full power, T/O into the wind, brakes off - really not sure what the problem is, has anyone else seen a similar issue?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Parking brakes released ? Sorry for the question but if you chose to hide red informations, you may have missed this one. Ok, it happened to me. 🤣

Edit : you mentionned brakes off so I guess this is something else

Edited by RockOla

Hi Everyone

Still having issues but there seems to be some sort of conflict between FSUIPC and the DA62. 

I only have throttles and flight control axis' mapped in FSUIPC (no prop pitch or mixture) with a DA 62 specific profile for view changes etc.

I suspect its something to do with the interaction between the DA62 and FSUIPC because if i push the throttles full up and accelerate i will only get to around 60kt however if I go to FSUIPC and look at it then close it down (not even change anything) then switch back to the DA62 I immediately accelerate again as it should.

Sorry that this is so difficult to explain what i am seeing.  Can anyone offer support or any ideas?  How do I get hold of the Vertx people as I can't seem to find a support forum or should i be in contact in the FSUIPC forum?  The only thing about FSUIPC is it runs well with all my other add on aircraft and never had any issues like this before.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edited by barramundilure

Are you starting a P3d default plane before loading the DA62? 

Hi barriumundilure, send me an email and I'll see if we can find a solution. 

Thanks,

Sean

sean@vertxsim.com

On 12/16/2018 at 3:46 AM, barramundilure said:

Hi everyone

I am a real world pilot but having trouble with the new Vertx DA 62.  Going through my pre takeoff checks and when ready push the throttles up.  Accelerate to about 58kt and no further increase in speed despite showing full power on the G1000.

Fuel pumps on, G1000 showing full power, T/O into the wind, brakes off - really not sure what the problem is, has anyone else seen a similar issue?

I had the same problem.  I had to calibrate the brakes in FSUIPC  even though they were fine in other aircraft and seemed fine in the DA62.  I could get to 54kts.

Bill

Edited by Bill Griffith
addition

2 hours ago, Sean Moloney said:

Hi barriumundilure, send me an email and I'll see if we can find a solution. 

Thanks,

Sean

sean@vertxsim.com

Will do when I get home Sean.  Much appreciated.

For those wondering, started the scenario with the default piper cub then changed to the DA62, and brakes appear to be working normally in FSUIPC with other aircraft but will take another look at that as well.

Other than this problem I am having, I like the aircraft very much.

Cheers

Tim   

Edited by barramundilure

Sounds like propellers are not set correctly.  Since the aircraft doesn't have prop controls... maybe you have hardware assigned to that axis that is interfering?

Yes, when running DA62 you can't have prop controls on an axis. (you can use buttons, but axis will cause friction with DA62's own control of props)

Edited by jimcarrel

Same problem here. It's for me a random issue. Nevertheless I'm very happy with this wonderful aircraft !

Fot those wondering, I have it sorted out now.  I had an axis on my throttle controller that has a noisy pot.  Even though there was nothing assigned to the axis it was obviously interfering with it, as soon as I removed the axis completely from the profile I had no problems.  Once gone, no troubles at all.

Hope this info helps anyone else with similar issues.

Edited by barramundilure

I see the same issue. Can you tell me (in a little detail) which axis you mean that you have removed - and from where? I have the Saitek/Logitech Throttle quadrant with theleft axis set to throttle 1 and the middle one to throttle 2. the right (which is intended to be the mixture lever on other airplanes) is unassigned. But at 60kts it stops accelerating. Your trick with opening and closing FSUIPC worked. 

I had the same issue with my crappy Saitek quadrant. Vertx was not accelerating past 60 knots at random times. I even had it happen to me mid flight, and I perished into the ocean. Reloading the aircraft helps temporarily.  My solution, I flushed fsuipc.ini, let it rebuild, set profile specific with only throttle 1 and 2 set leaving my third lever unused. So far so good. 

The same thing happened to me and I made three runs at it finally shut her down for the night. Next day thought let's try again but this time I checked the fuel, low & behold I had a full compliment of fuel in all tanks. Reduced these to 50% each and whalla, was back cruising again. Check that next time. Since then I have set the fuel to let me fill it when I need it as opposed to P3D.

Edited by Pivot

On 12/19/2018 at 5:45 PM, jimcarrel said:

Yes, when running DA62 you can't have prop controls on an axis. (you can use buttons, but axis will cause friction with DA62's own control of props)

That was a revelation! Disabling the prop function now lets the plane accelerate in a proper manner. 👍

I tried the same thing, that is deleting the FSUIPC .ini file and reassigning the controls.  OK so far.  😊

Bill

Deleting the ini file was a bit drastic. I simply made another profile based on the profile I was using(Stick+CH Throttle), minus the prop assignments.

3 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Deleting the ini file was a bit drastic. I simply made another profile based on the profile I was using(Stick+CH Throttle), minus the prop assignments.

Not really.  Actually I just backed it up.  I guess I should have said removed.  😉

Bill

On 12/19/2018 at 5:45 PM, jimcarrel said:

Now forgive me for asking, please don't send me to the back of the class, because I have not fully read the manual, but I thought there were no prop controls (pitch controls?) as the mixture and prop pitch were governed by the FADEC. What am I missing? Cheers.

4 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Now forgive me for asking, please don't send me to the back of the class, because I have not fully read the manual, but I thought there were no prop controls (pitch controls?) as the mixture and prop pitch were governed by the FADEC. What am I missing? Cheers.

Prop and mixture controls are still needed by P3D's internal engine simulation. Sean's software controls them. If you have axis assigned, their outputs compete with values given by Sean's software. This can result in animation problems and handling problems. Notably "noisy" hardware like some Saitek tend to transmit "events" even if not actuated. Assigned buttons only transmit events when pressed. Therefore buttons should be no problem.

Edited by rudi0310
typo

1st problem I've had with the DA, no matter what I select in the Avionics config screen (Remember, Cold and Dark or Ready for flight?) I always have the Control tower speaking without having anything fired up (avionics master switch, batter power nor ground power). It doesn't keep me from flying (yet it is bugging the heck out of me). This is with the new install (1.41?) I had no problems with initial release version.