SunDevil56

Taxi2Gate EDDM Munich

Thinking about adding this one to my stable of European airports, so i'm looking for opinions from those of you who have this scenery.

Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

9 minutes ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

It's excellent - no issues in P3D v4.4.

Get it!

+1

LFPG for P3D V4 also excellent!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

It's excellent - no issues in P3D v4.4.

Get it!

++1 too

Thanks gents, looks like i'll be adding this one...🙂

36 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

Thanks gents, looks like i'll be adding this one...🙂

DOn't think you'll be disappointed. Very nice scenery, probably my favorite German hub. Excellent location, too, which many short hops all around!

i also like munich, but i it seems the afcad file is strange everytime i fly there pf3 is going crazy with my routing. 

landed 08 R and got gate 113 assigned by pf3 but the taxi routing was about 20 different taxiways, but it`s only a 2 minutes taxi via b7, s6, c4, o1

I bought EDDM for P3D4.4 yesterday

Works great!

It's a great airport I like doing Ezy jet flights to and from LSGG with EDDM. 

Added Taxi2Gate EDDM and KSEA today, and both are very nice.

After getting VHHH a few weeks back, plus the two new additions, there isn't much left in T2G's library that really catches my eye, though I may take a look at LFPG.

47 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

...there isn't much left in T2G's library that really catches my eye, though I may take a look at LFPG.

LFPG has the benefit of being one of only three T2G sceneries (you already have the other two in KSEA and EDDM) that had updates to make it P3Dv4-ready.
It's nice, but IMHO the quality is not as high as EDDM or VHHH.

As an alternative in Paris, you could consider LFPO by Jetstream Designs.

39 minutes ago, F737NG said:

LFPG has the benefit of being one of only three T2G sceneries (you already have the other two in KSEA and EDDM) that had updates to make it P3Dv4-ready.
It's nice, but IMHO the quality is not as high as EDDM or VHHH.

As an alternative in Paris, you could consider LFPO by Jetstream Designs.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Edited by SunDevil56

The problem with T2G is, that they do not answer on problems and they do not update their products, especially Munich. There are positions with three jetways for the A380 now in Terminal 2 on the satellite building, there is a tunnel missing under the visitors hill, fences are missing, the new C3 taxiway is missing even if it´s there since quite a bit of time, SODE files are wrong so that some jetways on positions 101-105 won´t connect to the aircraft, Stand 107 is being dismantled...

T2G is one of my favourite developers and Munich is no exception to that.  But their updates are slow and sometimes non-existent.   However, what's missing in Munich is not a deal breaker. The airports works and looks superb.

• Like 1

At some stands I have a problem with the SODE jetways that were delivered together with the EDDM scenery download when I remember correctly. The jetways are about 75% inside the terminal building. However they are working normally beside that. As mentioned this is however only with some jetways and not all of them.

1 hour ago, 737Andi said:

At some stands I have a problem with the SODE jetways that were delivered together with the EDDM scenery download when I remember correctly. The jetways are about 75% inside the terminal building. However they are working normally beside that. As mentioned this is however only with some jetways and not all of them.

FWIW, I had a similar issue (ie. the jetway burying itself in the terminal) with LatinVFR KRDU some time back, and I found out that it was caused by a specific freeware add on plane. Switched to a different AC, and the issue disappeared. I know that sounds crazy, but I actually contacted the dev about this, and the first thing he suggested was trying a different aircraft, and it worked...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

and the first thing he suggested was trying a different aircraft

Not really always the ideal solution as the aircraft of choice is usually the primary decision.

Edited by ErichB

I really like Taxi2gate's work and their EDDM is one of my favourite add-on sceneries.
But maybe I am a bit biased since this is also one of my favourtie airports in real life.

For those who complain about SODE jetways: if you happen to own GSX Level 2, check cartayna's EDDM SODE remake, which is part of his bunch pack.
Here is the link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19008.495.html

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Not really always the ideal solution as the aircraft of choice is usually the primary decision.

Understood, but we are talking about a single freeware plane here, so it was no big deal to me to just not use that one at LatinVFR KRDU, and all my payware and other freeware aircraft work fine in this regard.

Now, if it had been a payware aircraft, that would have been a much more serious situation... 

FWIW, i've never had any issues whatsoever with the SODE jetways at EDDM.

Edited by SunDevil56
  • Like 1