fakeflyer737

QW 787 FPS RNP

Guys I am thinking about buying this bird, however I have a few questions. 

1) I currently am a huge fan of the FSL 320...can I run the 787 with at least the same FPS? I'm pretty sure the FSL stuff is the hardest hitter on FPS isn't it? 

2) Can the QW 787 fly a proper radius-fix type of  RNP approach. I don't just mean is it in the database, I mean I want it to actually work the way it does in the FSL plane.

3) I fly a lot of United and I think this bird would be perfect. Is there any reason I shouldn't purchase it? 

Regards,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's definitely easier on FPS than the FSL A320.

There are RNAV approaches in the FMC but I believe RNP curved approaches are not modelled. You aren't going to get the systems depth you get with PMDG or FSL with this plane.

I would wait until the long awaited next patch comes out to try this one. There are definitely still some issues. I believe Flight1 has a refund policy if you purchase it and aren't satisfied.

1) 99% chance it will run MUCH more smoothly than the A320.

2) No way, José. Even for ordinary LNAV it has serious issues following the magenta, let alone RNP.

3) In my opinion it's quite an unfinished product yet. Perhaps one day, and I hope so, they will fix the various issues and then yes, it's going to be a great product.

long haul yes, not short haul .... the later a bit "unreal" in most ways.

transcon perhaps.

On 3/17/2019 at 12:33 PM, fakeflyer737 said:

Thanks guys,  I think I'm going to pass! 

Appreaciate the help!

Well Ron you could try it local with flight1 30 days policy in place 😉

Well I have to say, that my own potato can run it, so I'm sure yours can. It's a plane good for cross the pond or coast to coast, but getting too deep into it will show you it lacks some features. IF you just want to fly around like me from a to b and use ILS you're just fine. IT has some bugs here and there but tbh you don't get as much of a plane for 85 bucks today... 

Hope that helps

On 3/17/2019 at 4:06 AM, Wanthuyr Filho said:

No way, José. Even for ordinary LNAV it has serious issues following the magenta, let alone RNP.

Absolute twaddle.  I have over 200 hours, both long and short haul.  If you fly by the book it is just fine - Checklist intergration,  EFB setting FMC, VNAV.  The ONLY time it failed was when AS fed in spurious data with ludicrous high temps at Cruise, thereby losing all thrust.k

Buy it!

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:33 PM, fakeflyer737 said:

Thanks guys,  I think I'm going to pass! 

Appreaciate the help!

Ron, there is a very long and detailed forum post which was locked a few days ago. Check that out as it has many opinions and counter opinions. Then decide.