Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

Recommended Posts

initially 5 min testing very promising


Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 2080 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

......looks like KEY word to me. 

It definitely was an issue for some people, like I said I know all 3 of my regular 'sim buddies' had it. 

We all tried to do a lgw krk lgw together none of us made it  the stutters where unbearable 

Its going to be interesting seeing people now tweaking the registry


 
 
 
 
v63vq9-5.png

Share this post


Link to post

Installed the "hot fix". See no difference at all.

I did not notice any fps drop in 4.5 before.

I was happy and I'm still happy.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, tooting said:

Its going to be interesting seeing people now tweaking the registry

The registry key I mentioned should not be there, in fact Windows do not have it at all by default.

People have been add-in it since they installed P3D 4.4 to allow specific compatibility things to run, IE: Reshade and some recording software.

The best approach is to remove it and use the prepar3d.cfg file instead to control the hardware acceleration behaviour for the simulator.

S.

 

Edited by simbol
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

I have orbx TE and 4.5 killed it . Unusable now I have 40fps over Southampton with JVs recommended settings see Orbx forum as I said early days and lots more testing


Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 2080 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, cannow said:

I have orbx TE and 4.5 killed it . Unusable now I have 40fps over Southampton with JVs recommended settings see Orbx forum as I said early days and lots more testing

You report is a bit confusing.. can you please expand? are you happy with the new Hotfix or not? 40fps over Southampton with ORBX TE is quite good IMO.

S. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, kiek said:

Installed the "hot fix". See no difference at all.

I did not notice any fps drop in 4.5 before.

I was happy and I'm still happy.

Same here!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

apologies simbol  very positive big improvement for me with true earth, unusable before hotfix

  • Like 5

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 2080 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, cannow said:

apologies simbol  very positive big improvement for me with true earth, unusable before hotfix

Glad to hear Colin!!, we have been doing lots of tests with LM to get this right..

Regards,
S.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t even have that registry in my system with windows 10


Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, simbol said:

The registry key I mentioned should not be there, in fact Windows do not have it at all by default.

People have been add-in it since they installed P3D 4.4 to allow specific compatibility things to run, IE: Reshade and some recording software.

The best approach is to remove it and user the prepar3d.cfg file instead to control the hardware acceleration behaviour for the simulator.

S.

 

I have a new build computer still in the box with nothing but W10 on it. So when I fire it up this Saturday, d/l and install latest version of P3D, I shouldn't have to do anything then with the registry or the UI in P3D if I want to keep hardware acceleration on correct? 

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

The fundamental purpose with the new update was to lower the FPS. Nothing else. I´m not satisfied because the FPS increased. 

Edited by Wennerholm
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Informal

Ken Wennerholm

UTC +2  ESSA

Share this post


Link to post

Did the update for client, scenery and content. And it runs perfectly again. Thx. Took only 15 minutes.  I am very happy. Recommended

Edited by Rasterfahnder
  • Like 3

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I have a new build computer still in the box with nothing but W10 on it. So when I fire it up this Saturday, d/l and install latest version of P3D, I shouldn't have to do anything then with the registry or the UI in P3D if I want to keep hardware acceleration on correct? 

Correct.

S.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,080.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...