Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

Honeycomb aeronautical released?

9 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

I'll have to hear some glowing reviews from owners.

+100%

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Unfortunately, the form factor basically deviates from Saitek. I certainly can fix the Yoke on a desk but it will not fit into my fully-equipped hardware (XTOP) panel and similar ones.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I'm going to wait till Cosford to try it out first. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I walked away from the FSExpo2019 in Orlando with one, I'll try it out later this week and report back, but I played it with for sometime (given that we had one at our booth) and I loved it!  I also played around with their Prototype Throttle Quadrant and I REALLY loved that!

Best wishes!

• Like 6

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

On 6/10/2019 at 1:02 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

I walked away from the FSExpo2019 in Orlando with one

did you win or buy it ? if I may ask, coz there doesn't seem to be an official price on it.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

did you win or buy it ? if I may ask, coz there doesn't seem to be an official price on it.

No sir, it was kindly provided to me.

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I had the opportunity to try the Honeycomb yoke and throttle at FSExpo. Overall as a replacement to the Saitek’s I think is a good unit. I personally was not to excited about it. The pitch axis was way to stuff for me. The ailerons/lateral axis felt fine. 

The throttle I really liked. That trim wheel felt great and the switch positions did not bother me at all. 

I’m coming from an ACE 737 desktop yoke and for me the ACE nailed it of the feeling of both axis. 

But honestly the Yoko+ was my favorite. It felt so natural. I was about to place an order with a coupon that they had at the Expo but the shipping killed the deal. 

Regards. 

Ed

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:02 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

I walked away from the FSExpo2019 in Orlando with one, I'll try it out later this week and report back, but I played it with for sometime (given that we had one at our booth) and I loved it!  I also played around with their Prototype Throttle Quadrant and I REALLY loved that!

Best wishes!

Dave --- Some of us are eagerly awaiting your review!!??

Bruce

I also have the Ace 737 Desktop yoke and love it. I was one of the lucky ones to actually get one. I’m actually waiting on the HoneyComb Throttle Quadrant to be released to go with my yoke. I had a chance to try both the HoneyComb yoke and TQ and both are great products.

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

22 minutes ago, brucets said:

Dave --- Some of us are eagerly awaiting your review!!??

Bruce

I hear you my friend!  I have started it, and hope to have it done by the middle of next week. Getting back from a TERRIFIC Flight Sim Expo in Orlando always leaves us with a TON more work to do for all you guys, but I have been working on testing the Yoke and I've spoken with Honeycomb twice now about it.  Also, my keyboard died (arrgghh) and I had to run out quicking and get this basic POS I'm typing on now until I replace it with a gaming keyboard. 

I will say this... the owner of Honeycomb and his entire staff have been nothing but WONDERFUL.  Since our booth was next to theirs in Orlando I've spent some considerable time with them, and then spoke to them twice since then. They are truly incredible people, direct, honest and eager to help.  I just can't say enough good things about them.

Quick Review?   I love the darned thing, and it is FAR more accurate than the Saitek Yoke I've been using for many years (both when it was new and older) or any Sasitek joystick I've ever used. In fact, it's VERY accurate. I don't know if it's obvious, but the best way to evaluate these things is with a smaller aircraft instead of a medium to large Airliner, and the latter is all I've been able to use it with as I did some other work. That said, it's been superb with the Airliners (PMDG NGX and Aerosoft Airbus Pro A321 and A330).  But I need to get some serious Dash 8 Q400 and general aviation flights in to complete the evaluation, and Honeycomb gave me their blessing to take the thing apart which is what I'll be doing this weekend.

Hang in there my friend!

• Upvote 3

Dave Hodges

Just a question: As I see it, the Honeycomb comes with a kind of outer shell giving it the same form factor as the Saitek Yoke (actually the Saitek Cessna Yoke) I own. This way I might potentially replace it in my XTOP panel - right?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

Just a question: As I see it, the Honeycomb comes with a kind of outer shell giving it the same form factor as the Saitek Yoke (actually the Saitek Cessna Yoke) I own. This way I might potentially replace it in my XTOP panel - right?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Yes, the final product is designed so you can attach existing components on top or upcoming components from honeycomb. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

17 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Yes, the final product is designed so you can attach existing components on top or upcoming components from honeycomb. 

Absolutely, one of the first questions I asked Honeycomb, and they confirmed that the screen holes on top were designed to fit the Saitek Display Modules.  I'll ask them for other hardware compatibility for my report.

Ah, I forgot to apologize for being late with my report, but you guys and Honeycomb both deserve a real effort and I don't want to shortcut this.

Best wishes!

• Like 2

Dave Hodges

Thank you both. If it fulfills its promises for the prize, it's definitely on my list. I think Logitech has given up (better: never engaged in) Saitek development.

Does anyone of you know if Honeycomb might add pedals later?

Kind regards, Michael

25 minutes ago, pmb said:

Thank you both. If it fulfills its promises for the prize, it's definitely on my list. I think Logitech has given up (better: never engaged in) Saitek development.

Does anyone of you know if Honeycomb might add pedals later?

Kind regards, Michael

I believe they said they have plans for a set along with a few other goodies that that they didn't go into details about. 

Dan