Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

Honeycomb aeronautical released?

Thanks much, Dave! Looking forward to it!

Bruce

Just a quick update.... I've finished a little more than 50% of my evaluation, so Wednesday is looking good for completing it.  Thus far I'm very pleased!  I'll be including some technical info on the inner workings as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Okay, I've finished my report on the Honeycomb Yoke.

Please bare in mind that I found myself with practically zero free time since returning from FSExpo 2019 (in fact my wife is about to clock me over the head for not spending any time with her!  Anyway, I did my best with the report, but it's was rushed and there are likely some typos and what not.  Plus I'm far from an expert with Desktop Publishing, but I hope what I've shared with you is helpful with your buying decisions.

My very best wishes to you all!

Honeywell Report PDF:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ma938ekupirmm6i/Honeycomb Report.pdf?dl=0

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

10 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Okay, I've finished my report on the Honeycomb Yoke.

Please bare in mind that I found myself with practically zero free time since returning from FSExpo 2019 (in fact my wife is about to clock me over the head for not spending any time with her!  Anyway, I did my best with the report, but it's was rushed and there are likely some typos and what not.  Plus I'm far from an expert with Desktop Publishing, but I hope what I've shared with you is helpful with your buying decisions.

My very best wishes to you all!

Honeywell Report PDF:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ma938ekupirmm6i/Honeycomb Report.pdf?dl=0

Thank you for the review!

I'm curious if I could fly a three engine aircraft (DC-10) with their commercial throttle setup.   I suppose worst-case, the fourth lever would simply do nothing.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thanks, Dave, very good review!

Bruce

I really hope this yoke bridges the gap. I'm really overdue for a new yoke and way past time to retire the Saitek.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

12 hours ago, Mace said:

I'm curious if I could fly a three engine aircraft (DC-10) with their commercial throttle setup.   I suppose worst-case, the fourth lever would simply do nothing.

I am interested for the Falcon 50 as well (only one reverse !)...

Expected delivery: Autumn 2019

Is the availability date more precisely know now ? And "likely" 😉

Thanks

Gérard

1 hour ago, gaab said:

I am interested for the Falcon 50 as well (only one reverse !)...

Thanks

Gérard

I'm not sure who you're asking?  You can always ask Honeycomb via their website. But remember mine is from their initial production run, with full consumer (final) packaging rather than being a prototype.

Dave Hodges

Thanks much for taking the time to put this together, Dave!

Scott

18 hours ago, Mace said:

If it works with FSUIPC, you might be able to map the throttles for engines 2 and 3 to work engine 2. Seems like the easiest way to do it if it's doable.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

6 hours ago, gaab said:

I was querying about the delivery date : Aerosoft shop mentions now "Expected delivery: Autumn 2019"

I wanted to know if you got from Honeycomb (Nicki Repenning) a more detailed schedule  for general availability of the final product..

Thanks for your exciting review 🙂

Gérard

The Yoke is directly compatible with Windows (and Mac), so it will work with most anything including FSUIPC.  I'm confident that throttle quadrant will be the same way, as it makes no sense to do otherwise.

I'll try to get a more accurate time frame for shipping to customers, but PLEASE keep in mind that by the time that info is known (by Honeycomb too) the first lot will likely be completely sold out.  People I've talked to around the globe are already ordering them at a very fast rate!

Want more info on the Yoke itself?  Over on the Aerosoft Website is the PCPilot Review (apologies for sending a link to another site, but I don't have the rights to distribute PCPilot Magazine here).

Best wishes to everyone!

Dave Hodges

Thanks for your answer.

Do you know if both Alpha and Bravo devices will be in production about the same time. Look that they will be a great combo...

Gérard