Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

What we currently know about the new Flight Simulator

If the French Asobo Studio is really behind it that would explain AS-MSFS as the registrations - not necessarily Aerosoft. 

Edited by Peter Clark
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Peter Clark said:

If the French Asobo Studio is really behind it that would explain AS-MSFS as the registrations - not necessarily Aerosoft. 

That's an excellent point.  Although Aerosoft's "no comment" about the sim really does insinuate some level of pre-knowledge.

11 hours ago, Peter Clark said:

Whilst trawling through some Asobo related stuff on the net, I found this;

"The game is the first full-size version of the series since the 2006 Microsoft Flight Simulator X released . In contrast to the simplified Microsoft Flight , we get a powerful simulator that offers aircraft shake and covers a large part of the Earth.

The authors emphasized realism. Developers obtained licenses from real producers , thanks to which all machines were meticulously reproduced, both in terms of the appearance and operation of on-board instruments as well as their behavior in the air.

Production requires a lot from us. The player must learn to operate each machine separately, be able to create flight plans and implement them, as well as master ways to deal with changing weather conditions.

Microsoft Flight Simulator offers rich content. There are many machines to choose from - from light aircraft to wide-bodied jets. An extensive set of missions is also available, although there is also no free flight option".

I'm assuming the "no free flight option" is a typo!

The advert goes on to say,

"The game has an impressive graphic design. The machines have been reconstructed to the smallest detail, and the locations are dripping with details thanks to the use of satellite images during their creation. Such solutions have their limitations, which is usually suffered by the detail of the map. The developers of the Microsoft Flight Simulator , however, managed to avoid this thanks to the help of Azure artificial intelligence, providing much better object recognition and a higher level of detail."

I don't know if anything quoted above contains anything Avsim members didn't already know (I haven't read every post), but I thought I'd put it out there, just in case! Oh, and it does seem to confirm that Asobo Studio is the producer.

https://www.gry-online.pl/gry/microsoft-flight-simulator/z957f7#pc

Edited by norfolkmike
Additional information
  • Like 6

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

On 6/15/2019 at 6:45 PM, bonchie said:

188AHC asked me to post the current list of what we know.

These are things confirmed either via interviews, the press release, or seen in the trailer BUT we of course do not know the full scope or functionality of some of these features.

- It covers the whole world

- It has flight planning

- They redid the Garmin GPS systems (you can see the G1000 and G530 in action in the trailer, full functionality unknown)

- The A320 at least has some moderate functionality for a default plane (you can see the MFD and FMC work)

- It uses real weather data (no information past that on the scope of a new weather engine)

- It has a new autogen system and the ability to fill in areas outside of 3D scanned areas (shown by the shot in the Bahamas, some of the rural areas)

- It has sloped runways

- It has AI traffic

- It uses ortho images extensively with autogen on top in non-3D scanned areas

- There's multiplayer

- It has 4K support and HDR

- It is using Bing 3D imaging for cities that are covered by that data (use the "Earth View" Windows 10 app for a preview of these areas)

- It has road traffic

- It has dynamic lighting, night lighting, PBR, and reflections (all of that is shown together by the A320 landing at LAX at dusk)

- There is some type of animated ground handling, with moving people (scope and how many locations it's at are unknown)

- The clouds and fog are volumetric on some level (shown by the low lying fog shots and some flying through clouds)

- There are cloud shadows and heat blur effects

- There are animals and birds (appear to be dynamic, regional, and outside of canned missions)

PLEASE ONLY ADD THINGS THAT ARE CONFIRMED

Finally an objective and solely fact-based sum-up. 

Thank you, @bonchie !

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

This gives me pause for concern. 8f it was the whole world they would have said something like, "the entire globe" or something similar. "Large part", IMO, does not equal the whole planet.

It's a google translation from polish, I wouldn't try to interpret it word by word. The official homepage states the sim will feature the whole world.

Quoting their description:

Create your flight plan and fly anywhere on the planet.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

... wasn't this supposed to be a facts only thread - compiling everything we know based on reliable sources?

Please don't turn this into another 70 pages thread.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

This may of course be a typo, or some confusion over aircraft descriptions (not unknown for PR types), but I note with interest that the ASOBO Studio comment says the following...

'There are many machines to choose from - from light aircraft to wide-bodied jets.'

Yup that's right, wide-bodied jets. Now we didn't see any wide bodied jets in that trailer did we? The A320 which we saw is a narrow-bodied jet.

So, a few that realistically could be: B777, B767, B787, B747, A330, A350, A380, IL96 or at an outside chance, CR929. After that lot, it's all ones which are no longer in production, so these would seem to be unlikely candidates: MD11, DC10, L1011, A300, A310, A340, IL86.

Indulging in a bit of detective work, and assuming it's not a descriptive error, I'd guess it would be the A330 since it's not a massive development leap to create one of these if you've already made an A320, and which is a certain German developer which is doing exactly that at the moment? 

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I thought this thread was about what we know about Microsft Flight Simulation, and that is not much.  🙂

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

What we currently know about the new Flight Simulator...

...could easily be engraved on the pointy end of a straight pin.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I've been preaching that since the announcement, Bill. 

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Yes. We are supporting 3rd Party Content Development and Community Content creation.

This is confirmed by Microsoft, shouldn't it be added to the list?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dtrjones said:

I'm no graphics expert by any means but it looks to me the scenes from the prop and hanger are clearly using ray-tracing techniques,

Possible, be we don't KNOW that, which is what this thread is supposed to be about. Not directed specifically at you, but please speculate on the other threads and let's keep this one for things which we definitely know for sure to prevent it getting out of hand.

Edited by vortex681
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Just look at the water in de Dubai scene, don't you see all these irregularities in the sun reflection? Like there are waves of different heights or streams.