Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

REX EF Final Vertict?

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

I currently use EF on top of my PTA preset without any issue. I might try once without PTA, might be that I anyway see no difference. All I did for "my" PTA preset is: I completely removed all "dynamic" PTA settings. Means: I use the preset from AdamNZ and for those settings he used a "dynamic" setup, I changed it to a fixed value. This because EF is dynamic, and dynamic on top of something dynamic certainly results in strange adjustments (my guessing, I am not entirely sure).

EDIT: to include what Gerard wrote. As long as PTA puts a fixed value that you are happy with, EF can be used to dynamically modify this fixed values. At least for me, the "automatic" mode of EF currently produces good looking results on top of my static PTA preset. Maybe a little bit to bright, could be that without PTA, this slightly enhanced brightness will be gone, but as mentioned, I first have to test this.

You are absolutely correct 🤓

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, fs1 said:

This is not really true @GSalden

EF has shader mods, and also and not less, textures changes and lightning control.

Last, automation mode has algorithms and not just shader formulas. It also has some overcast tricks on weather and style based cloud rendering.

Comparing EF to a shader mod, you will lose 70% of the comparison. You keep comparing incomparable products

I would like to the take the opportunity and ask you a couple of questions:

1. “It also has some overcast tricks on weather and style based cloud rendering.” Does this mean that EF also model some of the clouds injected in P3D? I remember you stated something totally different in the “Rectangles Clouds” post in REX Forum (Which is now closed).

2. Why do REX still offer EF and SF saying that is 100% compatible with AS while at the same time in the REX Forum some of the developers have confirmed that there are some textures AS is not reading properly and AS replaced it with default clouds?

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

I currently use EF on top of my PTA preset without any issue. I might try once without PTA, might be that I anyway see no difference. All I did for "my" PTA preset is: I completely removed all "dynamic" PTA settings. Means: I use the preset from AdamNZ and for those settings he used a "dynamic" setup, I changed it to a fixed value. This because EF is dynamic, and dynamic on top of something dynamic certainly results in strange adjustments (my guessing, I am not entirely sure).

EDIT: to include what Gerard wrote. As long as PTA puts a fixed value that you are happy with, EF can be used to dynamically modify this fixed values. At least for me, the "automatic" mode of EF currently produces good looking results on top of my static PTA preset. Maybe a little bit to bright, could be that without PTA, this slightly enhanced brightness will be gone, but as mentioned, I first have to test this.

Just try it with no PTA Chris. I used PTA for 10 months but now I don't bother.

BTW Chris I now use EF on 5mins transitions and ASP4 on 5 mins works a treat. Nice one Chris.

EF on latest beta is just Full Auto.

lowi.jpg

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

53 minutes ago, kenz said:

REX is so confusing, nobody is able to clearly explain what their programs really do. even REX themselfs doesn't fully understand what the thing is doing to the sim.

In the case of EF, is a very, highly complex product.

I think the communication on REX EF has been always consistent. I don't know what you don't undersatnd

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

1 hour ago, ttbq1 said:

I would like to the take the opportunity and ask you a couple of questions:

1. “It also has some overcast tricks on weather and style based cloud rendering.” Does this mean that EF also model some of the clouds injected in P3D? I remember you stated something totally different in the “Rectangles Clouds” post in REX Forum (Which is now closed).

2. Why do REX still offer EF and SF saying that is 100% compatible with AS while at the same time in the REX Forum some of the developers have confirmed that there are some textures AS is not reading properly and AS replaced it with default clouds?

Regarding 1) it is a grid issue, not a cloud model/texture issue. This is related to SF/AS4 or whatever injection you are using, if SF is injecting you should contact REX. If AS4 is injecting you should contact HIFI.

Regarding 2) EF works with AS. The HiFI textures (AS and ASCA) will work with EF. What is not integrated still is the ability to use AS/ASCA textures in the EF cloud swapping SDK.

Other than that AS will work fine.

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

4 hours ago, kenz said:

REX is so confusing, nobody is able to clearly explain what their programs really do. even REX themselfs doesn't fully understand what the thing is doing to the sim.

I can and many already have.

There are a multitude of videos including one review that explains everything you need to know about REX EF. Take the time to read & watch some videos before coming to AVSIM to make such ludicrous statements.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 hours ago, fs1 said:

Yes it does, and also the cloud alpha and size.

How is this possible? There's no place to tell EF where I'm starting from or where I'm going.

Does it read the info from ASP4 and then depicts the weather, sky colors, and shades?

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

How is this possible? There's no place to tell EF where I'm starting from or where I'm going.

Does it read the info from ASP4 and then depicts the weather, sky colors, and shades?

We don’t need a flight plan, as we modify things on the fly - we just read the metars and change these parameters in real time upon the type of clouds, season and time of the date and WX data.

• Like 1

Federico Sucari

12 hours ago, DJJose said:

I can and many already have.

There are a multitude of videos including one review that explains everything you need to know about REX EF. Take the time to read & watch some videos before coming to AVSIM to make such ludicrous statements.

ok.... then I read your very next message where you throw multiple interrogations about the program you're supposed to fully understand and I saw exactly the "confusion" I was talking about. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, kenz said:

ok.... then I read your very next message where you throw multiple interrogations about the program you're supposed to fully understand and I saw exactly the "confusion" I was talking about. 

I asked a question and I received an answer. Where's the confusion?

It would be great if there was only one add-on that would do it all for us, but that would not keep add-on devs in business.

17 hours ago, fs1 said:

Regarding 2) EF works with AS. The HiFI textures (AS and ASCA) will work with EF. What is not integrated still is the ability to use AS/ASCA textures in the EF cloud swapping SDK.

But do we actualy need this feature? I mean ASCA already injects it's cloud textures based on WX influence. EF should "just colorize" those....

I do understand however the need of that function when SF3D is used instead of ASCA but only cause it replaces the need of actually running SF3D in paralel.

Am I completely off with my assumption?

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I asked a question and I received an answer. Where's the confusion?

The confusion lies in the fact that you stated towards @kenz that you and many others (whoever they are) can easely explain what EF does and in you very next post you ask the DEV: "What does EF do?" <- presented in a brief manner....

• Like 2

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

blar blar blar,

Just Enjoy it!

From a totally overcast EGGP to a Sunny EHAM

ASP4+SF+latest EF beta. ASP4 Cloud draw 150min 150max.

Braking though.

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

e3.jpg

Sun at last!

e4.jpg

e5.jpg

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

19 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

The confusion lies in the fact that you stated towards @kenz that you and many others (whoever they are) can easely explain what EF does and in you very next post you ask the DEV: "What does EF do?" <- presented in a brief manner....

Can you please point out where I asked what does EF do?