Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

REX EF Final Vertict?

Does anyone here know how to make EF start up, with Automode defaulted, but with the mini-GUI menu minimised to that little icon in the corner? 

I ask this because every time I run P3D4 on my 3-projector curved screen, I have to go to another PC, run TeamViewer, switch off the curved screen correction action, in order to then hold ALT down a couple of times (the first just makes the GUI disappear, temporarily), to make the "minimise" button appear on the EF GUI, then click that. A real palavah!

That would be fine if on the next session it stayed that way. But no. 😞

Maybe this is something fixed in one of the recent Betas I have seen referenced here, but I can't find out how to download the latest. The link sent in an email to Beta users doesn't work for me -- error 404 (?) == not found!

Oh one other thing. The option to have EF run itself on Windows Startup doesn't work at all for me, at least on this Win10 installation (1803).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I’m pretty sure the is an option to start it minimised. You have to go to manual mode to get to the settings. Mine starts in auto mode and minimised. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

48139029472_6277fa29f2_k.jpg

48138932811_ba07dbff44_k.jpg

48138960288_9f9a8f92de_k.jpg

48138930501_8f40c65768_k.jpg

48139024502_70fc58e258_k.jpg

48139024137_e94ecdf4ee_k.jpg

48138929121_c1f6b70b73_k.jpg

48138928666_d22addfb2e_k.jpg

@fs1 @rstough guys, I think I have finally nailed it! No more squared clouds, I spent the whole afternoon testing AS4+SF+EF on their settings and you can see the results above.

Basically I have disabled everything related to SF and EF weather related settings. In the Auto Screen Main I turned off "Enable Weather Smoothing" and "Enable Automatic Texture Sync".

Thank you guys for your patience, now I will wait for the upcoming updates.

• Upvote 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

6 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

48139029472_6277fa29f2_k.jpg

48138932811_ba07dbff44_k.jpg

48138960288_9f9a8f92de_k.jpg

48138930501_8f40c65768_k.jpg

48139024502_70fc58e258_k.jpg

48139024137_e94ecdf4ee_k.jpg

48138929121_c1f6b70b73_k.jpg

48138928666_d22addfb2e_k.jpg

@fs1 @rstough guys, I think I have finally nailed it! No more squared clouds, I spent the whole afternoon testing AS4+SF+EF on their settings and you can see the results above.

Basically I have disabled everything related to SF and EF weather related settings. In the Auto Screen Main I turned off "Enable Weather Smoothing" and "Enable Automatic Texture Sync".

Thank you guys for your patience, now I will wait for the upcoming updates.

Thanks, nice pics

Federico Sucari

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Does anyone here know how to make EF start up, with Automode defaulted, but with the mini-GUI menu minimised to that little icon in the corner? 

I ask this because every time I run P3D4 on my 3-projector curved screen, I have to go to another PC, run TeamViewer, switch off the curved screen correction action, in order to then hold ALT down a couple of times (the first just makes the GUI disappear, temporarily), to make the "minimise" button appear on the EF GUI, then click that. A real palavah!

Maybe this is something fixed in one of the recent Betas I have seen referenced here, but I can't find out how to download the latest. The link sent in an email to Beta users doesn't work for me -- error 404 (?) == not found!

Oh one other thing. The option to have EF run itself on Windows Startup doesn't work at all for me, at least on this Win10 installation (1803).

Pete

Pete, Reed will help you out.

Federico Sucari

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Pete

Our new build that we will be releasing soon will allow you to disable the mini-ui while running EF in automation mode in the background.

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

6 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

It is really frustrating to received this kind of answers from the developer of a product I have bought and unfortunately it is not working properly for me.

I will not stop to share here my experience so far with AS+SF+EF combo. Since I started to use the three of them together I have experience rectangle clouds patterns in Overcast condition. The screenshot have been posted in this thread as well as the REX Forum.

I never had rectangle clouds in 3 years flying the AS+Rex texture direct +soft clouds combo. I have deposited my thrust in REX before and It worked out, that was the reason why I decided to give a try to the SF+EF combo.

As I have explained here before, I uninstalled SF+EF more than a week ago and the “rectangle clouds” issue disappeared. 

I just want to find out a solution to this problem, I am not alone in this boat, other people have the same problem. It is also true that other customers are not having any problems at all. 

It is the third time that I have received a reply from REX team and in anyone of them I have received a “let’s see what could be wrong with your system, share your settings and will find a way to fix this”, no, I have only received answers telling me to stop posting “FALSE” things that have been confirmed by you guys in the REX forum and here also.

You may not like it, and I understand you. The only that I want is to have these three programs working as good as the pictures shared here by @Nyxx . This was what I was expecting when I spent 60 bucks in two products which right now I am not using because I don’t like to see squared clouds.

The rectangle cloud issue is unrelated to how AS and SF interpret weather.  But that is what seems to be continually pushed here and that is why I am being firm about it.  

We are looking into the rectangle cloud issue.  We have all our QA Team members testing.  But the rectangle cloud issue is unrelated to compatibility.  All REX products are 100% compatible with other products.  Saying they are not BECAUSE of the rectangle issue is incorrect.

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

1 hour ago, ttbq1 said:

No more squared clouds, I spent the whole afternoon testing AS4+SF+EF on their settings and you can see the results above.

These pictures look absolutely stunning!!!!!

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Imho too much dark clouds from screenshot 3 and further down. The AC has the sun shining on the fuselage ...

The first 2 screenshots look way better to me.

A feature where one could choose how bright/how dark clouds can get within personal limits would help.

Nice screenshots 😉

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, rstough said:

The rectangle cloud issue is unrelated to how AS and SF interpret weather.  But that is what seems to be continually pushed here and that is why I am being firm about it

Dear Reed,

I will speak here for myself only! Please read the following lines as open and relaxed as possible since written words are prone for wrong interpretation.

You must understand that I'm not a developer and basicaly have nil / zero / no idea of what is possible within the P3D SDK.

The prerequisit: I use ASP4 with ASCA since years and never ever saw a rectangle cloud pattern. Even if you insist that ASP4 injects such OVC patterns, it seams that HiFi somehow managed to "trick" ASCA to display something else. Can we all accept this prerequisit till here?

SF3D: If you guys advertise that the product is 100% compatible with ASP4 then I expect to see beautiful clouds, even better then the older textures from ASCA (that's why I bought SF3D, for the textures you guys continously improve over time) -> Agreed with this point?

Status Quo ASP4 + SF3D: I have an issue of rectangle cloud patterns continously appearing when in OVC conditions. Now if you again say that ASP4 injects such patterns, thus SF3D beeing 100% compatible with it, I expect SF3D to trick that thing out the same as ASCA does.

And this is IMHO the confusion related to the advertised compatibility! You indeed are compatible with it but you still didn't manage to trick the textures to show something else. All this might be super duper clear for you guys, but it's unclear for the user.

I am realy glad you guys are working around it and eagerly expecting your release of Weather Force!

PS: I realy hope you guys understand my point of view...

• Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

giphy.gif

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I've just installed the very latest update of EF which I run in AUTO MODE, with SF(clouds and textures), ENVDIR(no shaders), and ASP4/ASCA(no textures or clouds).

Everything is working well, and some of the cloud/weather/lightning depictions are really very good indeed.

I fly mostly over the UK using Horizon VFR photo scenery and Gary Summons UK2000scenery Airports. That all works well too.

Just one problem is slightly spoiling things. Sometimes, especially on sunny days with few clouds, the ground simply looks overexposed - too bright -  it never looked like this before EF. Like I say it doesn't always happen, and more cloudy scenarios with less sun don't exhibit the same problem. So it's like when the sun is out brightly, the ground looks too bright.

I've looked at the settings and started reading the EF manual, but wow there are a lot of settings you could really mess up in a hurry in there - which is cool. But has anyone else experienced this brightness, and found a concise fix/tweak to correct it? I don't really want to start fiddling with settings without asking if there is already a published solution to this.

I'm so close to a really excellent sim now, it would be really nice to correct this selective overexposure.

Regards,

Edited by SledDriver

6 hours ago, SledDriver said:

I've just installed the very latest update of EF which I run in AUTO MODE, with SF(clouds and textures), ENVDIR(no shaders), and ASP4/ASCA(no textures or clouds).

I have the same, but with ASCA not running. If you allow it no texture or cloud operations, what is it doing for you? I thought EF + SF took its place completely in what is happening?

If it is useful for something I can easily re-enable it. I simply changed its Folder name so it couldn't be loaded.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

6 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I have the same, but with ASCA not running. If you allow it no texture or cloud operations, what is it doing for you? I thought EF + SF took its place completely in what is happening?

If it is useful for something I can easily re-enable it. I simply changed its Folder name so it couldn't be loaded.

Pete

ASP4 is the weather engine controlling the weather. At this time it is generally agreed that it does a better job than the SF weather engine. That may change at some point. 

Now, back to my question above about overexposure of landscape under sunny conditions...

33 minutes ago, SledDriver said:

ASP4 is the weather engine controlling the weather. At this time it is generally agreed that it does a better job than the SF weather engine. That may change at some point. 

Now, back to my question above about overexposure of landscape under sunny conditions...

Have you tried the rex forum? To much overexposure thats why I unstall it for now.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV