Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

FSDT releases major GSX update

Just updated GSX then first flight with the updated FSL A320.

A big thank you Umberto for this great update!

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

3 hours ago, virtuali said:

Free mode (which is *really* the game changer, the Snap mode it's just a visual interface over the previous Custom Pushback logic) way easier to use.

Its not more work then adjust the parking, i have wait for this FREE MODE and its amazing 

Anyone else having airbridge logo issues after the update. Mine default to UAL for all selected logos.

IM

4 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

Anyone else having airbridge logo issues after the update. Mine default to UAL for all selected logos.

IM

try posting  your issue  in the  fsdt  forum  sure  umberto would  like  to know

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

17 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

try posting  your issue  in the  fsdt  forum  sure  umberto would  like  to know

Thanks, just been reading over there about issues folks are having when installing into a drive other than C : drive. 

This could be my issue too. (I have the OS on C drive and P3D/GSX on D drive) Waiting to see if umberto identifies that this is a problem and prepares a fix if needed.

Hi All!

Does anyone know if there is any way to download the GSX update on one computer and transfer it to the one where P3D is installed? I have a simulator installed at home where the Internet is very slow, and in the office where I am now the Internet is very fast and better suited for large downloads.

• Upvote 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

27 minutes ago, Nickbe said:

Hi All!

Does anyone know if there is any way to download the GSX update on one computer and transfer it to the one where P3D is installed? I have a simulator installed at home where the Internet is very slow, and in the office where I am now the Internet is very fast and better suited for large downloads.

only  way I  can  think of  is  to  download  the  full installer   to a disk  drive  or usb  than install  it  to your  pc,  guess  you have  to uninstall the previous  version.  maybe  some  one  else  can think of  some thing  else or  go  to  the  fdst  forum  and  ask  umberto  sure he  will know the  answer

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

yea  install it  to a flash drive  or  disk or  usb  than  install  it  to your  pc 

Just run the online installer and do the installation on USB? Thanks, I'll try it now.

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

Just download the installer from the mainpage (its just a few kb's) and then run it, it should then download the main installation files (1 exe and a few bin files) and puts it in documents\FSDT (or similar, not in front of my PC). Once thats done cancel the installation process and grab the exe and bin files and move them to your sim pc

Should work as long as the installer doenst check if any sim is installed before it actually downloads the full install

• Like 1

I’ve been away from my sim computer, but in short with pushback, there’s still no way to simply drag or move/draw an arrow like Xplane to tell GSX “I want to push back to here today”, it still needs to be customized for each gate individually?  Or am I seeing videos and reading this incorrectly?

Thanks.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

43 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

I’ve been away from my sim computer, but in short with pushback, there’s still no way to simply drag or move/draw an arrow like Xplane to tell GSX “I want to push back to here today”, it still needs to be customized for each gate individually?  Or am I seeing videos and reading this incorrectly?

I don't know why people would think the Better Pushback solution could be faster or better.

As far I understood, the Xplane solution requires to redraw a path EACH time you want to do a pushback. Not only this is more time consuming, but it's even not very realistic that a pushback position would change every time, which would be a possible reason for always having to redefine it.

Yes, in GSX you do it while customizing the airport so, you do it once, and never again for that parking position. It's not as if pushback positions points change so often, and with two custom position for each parking, you usually cover most of the needs.

So, correct me if I'm wrong:

- With the X-Plane plugin, you must draw the pushback route *everytime* you do a pushback, for every parking

- With GSX, you set the pushback only *once*, when customizing the airport, for every parking. Then it's saved and it's not your problem anymore.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, virtuali said:

I don't know why people would think the Better Pushback solution could be faster or better.

As far I understood, the Xplane solution requires to redraw a path EACH time you want to do a pushback. Not only this is more time consuming, but it's even not very realistic that a pushback position would change every time, which would be a possible reason for always having to redefine it.

Yes, in GSX you do it while customizing the airport so, you do it once, and never again for that parking position. It's not as if pushback positions points change so often, and with two custom position for each parking, you usually cover most of the needs.

So, correct me if I'm wrong:

- With the X-Plane plugin, you must draw the pushback route *everytime* you do a pushback, for every parking

- With GSX, you set the pushback only *once*, when customizing the airport, for every parking. Then it's saved and it's not your problem anymore.

I'd be ok with drawing a pushback route each time.
I'm rarely at the same gate / ramp spot at my 3rd party airport sceneries. Using GSX's customiser once, I tend to only get the benefit once.

Though that's only a minor inconvenience.
I'm very happy with the huge update we have been given.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I'm also fine drawing a pushback track each time.  Allows customization if there's traffic or closed taxiways.

Heck, all I'd be looking for is maybe a top-down with a click and drag arrow rather than cumbersome slewing.  Or even just taking A2A's "towbar" feature and manually steering my own push/tow.  In my mind, simpler would offer more flexibility.

• Like 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Another big update for GSX. Just run the updater

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I like the current GSX implemented push back. As others have mentioned you might find yourself at a gate that you haven’t customised (and is more complex than a left/right)

One solution could be the ability to have a ‘better pushback’ style editor for when you’re at a gate with no custom pushback defined (or an option to chose in the menu under left/right/ straight back.

It could then save the final node to the GSX gate config for next time.