Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

11 minutes ago, DAD said:

Indeed, though the first 30 secs of the video pretty much reminded me to some of the MSFS2020 vids/shots seen from the MS team....

I think by now we can all agree they are using the same/similar technology for clouds.

Edited by SirGreenLemon

I have one more request, mainly to the Scenery developer of this new simulator!

Please leaves room for large airplanes on the airfields, so you do not bump anywhere! If large gates or parking spaces are indicated then please also for a 747 and not just a 737! Of course, this also applies to the 3rd party developer later!

Thank you!

Every time I watch the Unigine show reel I think about how amazing flight sims could be if they were as popular as games. And the potential of this sim if they could get close to what is shown.

I think it's important to look at it full screen on highest YouTube video settings.

Edited by carbonbasedlifeform
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, rjfry said:

If flight simulators in the future set to higher benchmark for hardware you run the risk of loosing some of your market.

Not as long as you can turn features down or off.

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

1 minute ago, vortex681 said:

Not as long as you can turn features down or off.

Yes but if the minimum specs are to high some will not buy in they will stay with what they have, just as some do now they don't have deep pockets, and you see post like why are you still running that (word not allowed) they run what runs OK on their PC,

And if the post are true that the new XBOX will support RT high end PC hardware will be in demand, as we know some will want to try and run it maxed out and be upset if they can`t. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

22 hours ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

That is really impressive. I wonder if they could procedurally generate seasons. I assume Microsoft will have their own engine?

My favorite part is when the tank bumps into the tree and it just falls straight over.

4 hours ago, rjfry said:

Yes but if the minimum specs are to high some will not buy in they will stay with what they have, just as some do now they don't have deep pockets, and you see post like why are you still running that (word not allowed) they run what runs OK on their PC,

And if the post are true that the new XBOX will support RT high end PC hardware will be in demand, as we know some will want to try and run it maxed out and be upset if they can`t. 

Both of those things have been true for as long as I've had flight sims as a hobby, going back to the earliest days. The first big hardware barrier for me was having a PC that was "IBM compatible" and could run FS. 

There will always be people who don't want to upgrade their systems, at least not right away, and will be happy running whatever currently works. This won't change. There will also be people eager to upgrade in order to run something new. Anyone remember the first Crysis game? That's what drives the market. As long as there are enough people like that, and the product is compelling enough, a flight sim can be a success. Everyone else will get on board eventually.

The fly in the ointment with this sim, is a potential requirement for a high-speed Internet connection to stream scenery at the best quality. That may be a block for some, even if they have beastly hardware that could run it otherwise. We just don't know enough about that yet.

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

1 hour ago, Paraffin said:

The fly in the ointment with this sim, is a potential requirement for a high-speed Internet connection to stream scenery at the best quality. That may be a block for some, even if they have beastly hardware that could run it otherwise. We just don't know enough about that yet.

You could be lucky, flying slow vehicles like helicopters and GA aircraft, at low altitude, should reduce the required bandwidth.

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

What do you consider a High Speed connection? 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

47 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

What do you consider a High Speed connection? 

For me, it would be a 250 to 500 Mbps download speed. And also unlimited data, which would be necessary for most people if MSFS does use a streaming scenery system.

I'm on a 10 Mbps (actually 7 Mbps) connection now. I've checked, and I can upgrade to 250 Mbps for an extra $20 USD a month, or $240 a year. There is an intermediate 100 Mbps plan but it doesn't include unlimited data. I don't need that speed for anything else we do (our TV watching is 1080p which streams fine).

If that kind of connection is required for full scenery detail in MSFS (which we don't know yet), it would have to be worth the cost of an extra $240 every year to me. For some people that kind of connection wouldn't be available at all, especially the unlimited data part.

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I have unlimited 100mbs which works fine with 5 users of  it occasionally. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

On 9/3/2019 at 11:28 AM, Wobbie said:

LOL... that's like mixing water & oil..

You are aware that Microsoft & Google are already sharing technology? & that there are already Android & iPad sim apps available from their respective stores?

How is it mixing water and oil? Plenty of Xbox games have companion iPad apps, including Microsoft titles such as Halo. They also have an iOS Xbox app that can remotely control an Xbox, among other things. Having an iPad companion app with moving maps, checklists, flight planning, approach plates, or maybe access to your logbook makes perfect sense to me. If they have a career mode, an iPad app could be used to review your progress. The modern app world isn't limited to a single platform anymore.

Without Reading all posts has VR optimization been mentioned?

• Like 2

ZORAN

10 hours ago, Paraffin said:

If that kind of connection is required for full scenery detail in MSFS (which we don't know yet), it would have to be worth the cost of an extra $240 every year to me. For some people that kind of connection wouldn't be available at all, especially the unlimited data part.

I am expecting that it will be possible to "cache" parts of the scenery. Just like on google maps... you can "stream" the map if you have data, or you can store the part of the map you are interested in if you are traveling or for any reason you don't have data.

It's so obvious that I didn't think it would be worth mentioning 😅

Edited by bashope