Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

July 25 Update with video

3 hours ago, JNS said:

This comment is not necessarily directed at you because I don't know what you are willing to pay for a "complete" simulation, ...but, it seems there are some, maybe many people that think $60 should be the limit to pay and at the same time want more and more with every little detail covered.  And, at the same time they don't really expect to have to pay anything more to get that.  Programming costs money.  I'm not a programmer, but I would suspect that many of the aspects of simulation that people want provided are not that simple of a task when it comes to the programming part.  I'm not just talking about MSFS, but also any of the current third-party add-ons, too.

Jeff

MS or any flight sim developer can do what it wants, but to be successful, it will have to satisfy a majority of flight simmers, who each have many tens of thousands of dollars invested in what they currently have (hardware, several sims, and add-ons for them).

If MSFS does not exceed this compilation of investment, that flight simmers have accumulated over the years, for a reasonable price, it will fail. So MS may as well satisfy flight simmers or scrap the idea. 

In keeping with the topic, the video and the information thus far is not sufficient, and I give a few specifics as to why its not sufficient to me. Not meant to be offensive or demanding, just the plain truth as I see it.  

5 hours ago, Wildblue said:

I want i want i want?
Three months ago or so we didn't even know we'd get a brand new flightsimulator from Microsoft.
Be gratefull for what you have, for if you focus on what you don't have you'll never have enough.

Have you ever heard of a wish list or a customer survey? 

Are the Avsim forums here for only what you have to say?

Here you are telling me to be satisfied with what I have, and yet you are not satisfied with what I have to say. You will only be satisfied if I say exactly what you want me to say. You should focus on telling MS what you like or dislike instead of telling me how to think.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ganter said:

I worked on Vista! - though I doubt I will be remembered for that.

aha, and that's why it didn't start good nor it lasted long!

just kidding 😉

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Don't get too excited. It's a 3 second clip because MS is trying to hide "flaws". For starters those clouds look like "2D-Imposters" from FS9.

Come on MS, your 3 second clip is pathetic! Try actually showing something substantial.

We've seen this "smoke and mirrors" approach from MS before.

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

6 hours ago, Krakin said:

I'm sorry but my takeaway from all of that is that you complain too much. As others have noted, it's a little too early in the game for you to be bellyaching over that.

The topic is not about telling others what to say or what not to say.

Another one who tells me I'm complaining too much and yet they are complaining and bellyaching about my honest feedback (about the topic). Its no wonder you apologized first. You could have saved yourself from having to apologize to me by giving your own feedback to MS and staying on topic.   

It is never too early. Look how LM is still fixing and improving the ESP after some 15 years of its original development. Stuff that should have been fixed in the beta for FSX, which could have lead to some of the improvements I outlined.

42 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Don't get too excited. It's a 3 second clip because MS is trying to hide "flaws". For starters those clouds look like "2D-Imposters" from FS9.

Come on MS, your 3 second clip is pathetic! Try actually showing something substantial.

offensive initials not allowed it's wrong with this people? 

Little thing to notice which further confirms there is someone french speaking working on Microsoft Flight Simulator: the video file is called Clouds_Barcelone.mp4 and Barcelone is french.

As for the video, if you download it and play on your pc you won't get the stutters. At least on mine i do not.

Edited by france89
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Evil Microsoft giving us a new simulator. Hiding behind smoke and mirrors with their 3 second clips laughing as they plan more simmer pain and dissapointment. Shame on them for giving us all this greif and worry.

• Like 5

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

28 minutes ago, france89 said:

As for the video, if you download it and play on your pc you won't get the stutters. At least on mine i do not.

Yeah!  It is as smooth as Pasta !!!!!

My only fear is the Internet connection required to run this new remake of MSFS... MS is always ahead of it's time in terms of available technology... In all versions I bought along the 25+ years of flight simulation I've been forcing my poor eyes and brain cells with, it always made me feel like I had a "word not allowed" PC 😕

This turn around for sure I'll feel I have a word not allowed Internet at home 🙂  I know I have, but so far so good for our home needs... MS will probably make me have to try to convince wife to get a better link ( 😎 )

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

Reading the forums with what users want and what`s wrong in flight sims today I am amazed that LM and LR sims have survived, when the real truth is that no matter what MS brings to the table some will make sure they find faults, lets hope LM and LR are also reading the forums they have there work cut out to meet the expectations of todays simmers. 

• Like 8

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Reading some of the preposterous replies in this thread makes me wish for a thumbs-down button. I sure hope the outlandish negativity is just well-executed sarcasm and it's my sarcasm detector that needs calibrating. If not, then there are some truly miserable people lurking here, trying to ruin the experience for the rest of us.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 8

@Reader here are two examples:

1. "Hey guys, i'm not that excited about MSFS, this could become a toned down sim to cater for the casual crowd. Not sure if this is going to beat P3D and XP11"

and

2. "Ha! This is going to fail! Plane game for xbox kiddies! M$ will rip us off again! Smokes and Mirrors!!11!11!!!"

One is sceptical, the other is just plain vile negativity....go figure

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 5

- "What has happened to this place?" 

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

11 hours ago, pracines said:

MSFS can have the best scenery and planes but if the rest is lacking it will fail.

I disagree. Plenty of people will buy it if it has the best scenery and planes (with appropriate flight models). Not everyone wants the complexity that some here seem to be demanding. Plus, as they've now stated that it will have an SDK, it's quite possible that add-ons will be created to make up for any perceived deficiencies. The simple fact that they're having an Insider/beta program shows that they're confident that what they'll produce will be well-received. If it's just a simple, basic game with eye-candy it's likely to effectively die before being released - the Insider program will probably have plenty of flight sim enthusiasts who wouldn't be reluctant to criticise it if it didn't live up to the hype.

Edited by vortex681
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 6

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

5 hours ago, pracines said:

The topic is not about telling others what to say or what not to say.

Another one who tells me I'm complaining too much and yet they are complaining and bellyaching about my honest feedback (about the topic). Its no wonder you apologized first. You could have saved yourself from having to apologize to me by giving your own feedback to MS and staying on topic.   

It is never too early. Look how LM is still fixing and improving the ESP after some 15 years of its original development. Stuff that should have been fixed in the beta for FSX, which could have lead to some of the improvements I outlined.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to thinking it sucks. You're implying that MS is going down the same path as DT when FS was announced in June. Your posts are annoying but I'll just ignore them from now on.

• Upvote 8

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

7 hours ago, MatthewS said:

MS is only doing what any company would do with a product in the Alpha stage of development (if that), and not ready for full exposure to the public. They're not going to show anything but very carefully selected images as teasers, until they're ready with something more solid. I can't fault them for that. 

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor