Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

FSDT Chicago O'hare V2 Released.

3 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Please don't post here your support questions, especially those that has been already discussed and answered on our support forum.

Sorry, I looked through your forum but I couldn't find an answer for my issue. Could you point me in the right direction of where I can find a solution? 

3 minutes ago, Blackbrd said:

Sorry, I looked through your forum but I couldn't find an answer for my issue. Could you point me in the right direction of where I can find a solution? 

There's a post on top of the Chicago forum, and I replied to point out to the other two:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21819.0.html

7 minutes ago, virtuali said:

There's a post on top of the Chicago forum, and I replied to point out to the other two:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21819.0.html

Unfortunately, none of the solutions over there worked. Cleared my browser cache, restarted my computer, deleted the old installers, downloaded the files individually, and it's still saying there are corrupted files. 

25 minutes ago, Blackbrd said:

Unfortunately, none of the solutions over there worked. Cleared my browser cache, restarted my computer, deleted the old installers, downloaded the files individually, and it's still saying there are corrupted files. 

If you read both threads, you would have find in one of them, I suggested to use a VPN, and the user which was still affected by it, reported this was fixed in this case but, since I see no mention of having tried a VPN in this message of yours, I assume you haven't tried that.

And again, why you are posting this here, instead on our forum, in reply to one of the 3 threads which already discussed this ?

20 hours ago, threegreen said:

Enhance the application setting and 8x sparse grid super sampling. I use 4xSSAA in P3D.

Thanks for the tipp yes now the shimmering is neary gone fantastic 🙂  And still good frames at night 🙂

• Like 1

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

I had to go to the "nearest" Apple Store, which in my case is in another country, since in the south of Switzerland where I live the closest one is in Milan

It could be worse. At least you all speak the same language. 😉

1 hour ago, 331BK said:

Thanks for the tipp yes now the shimmering is neary gone fantastic 🙂  And still good frames at night 🙂

What does enhance the application setting mean? 

Orman

9 minutes ago, okupton said:

What does enhance the application setting mean? 

In the AA section, go to antialiasing mode and select "Enhance the application setting".

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, 331BK said:

Try heavy overcast 🤣

André

17 minutes ago, threegreen said:

In the AA section, go to antialiasing mode and select "Enhance the application setting".

In the sim settings or somewhere else?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

8 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

In the sim settings or somewhere else?

These settings are only accessible through NVI (nvidia profile inspector).  If you;ve never used it before I suggest you take your time with it, and do a little asking around before you begin to make any changes. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Virtual you did a great job greetings from near St. Gallen

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

35 minutes ago, awf said:

Try heavy overcast 🤣

I'm not sure there's a detailed airport scenery out there that can improve performance in heavy overcast, most likely using denser-than-default clouds of a 3rd party weather engine, most likely with too high anti-aliasing settings, which are known to cause bad fps with multiple transparent objects stacked on top of each other (that is "heavy overcast" clouds).

If we could do that, we wouldn't sell it as an airport scenery, but as a miracle tweaker.

42 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

If you;ve never used it before I suggest you take your time with it, and do a little asking around before you begin to make any changes. 

I generally agree with you, but the AA tweak through NVI really isn't anything you'd need expertise for.

@Zimmerbz Select the settings I suggested and see if you like it and if not, revert back (set the two options as they were before and apply changes). It won't break anything.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

6 hours ago, virtuali said:

I must say this is a strong candidate for being the most absurd, unfair, unfunded and conspiracy-obsessed post I ever seen.

So, I was on the forum today for a couple of hours, but deliberately chose not to reply to the missing DL thread ? Conspiracy theories starting up ? I found absurd and borderline insulting having to justify my working times, but this is how I "wasted" the last hours:

- Replying all the OTHER messages which were backlogged, since yesterday I was out of office for the whole afternoon, and couldn't check the forum, and that alone took a couple of hours.

- Make the fix required to solve the missing DL at night, which apparently is a known problem of the sim that is known to other developers which are also waiting this to be fixed, and found a workaround in the meantime. Applied the same workaround here too and tested if it worked.

- Fixed the problem with the airplane bumping on the far end of 27R, because a flatten wasn't entirely right there. Taxied over the affected place with the PMDG 747 to be sure it worked

- Checked another error report of GSX crashing with an error in FSX when the Underground fuel was selected.

- Made the fix in GSX to prevent the error.

- Uploaded all the fixed files to the Live Update. Ran the Live Update, to be sure the correct files would be downloaded.

- Tested in the sim again, to be sure the downloaded files worked.

- Wrote the previous message on Avsim, to announce of both problems to be fixed.

- Wrote the same message on our forum, to announce of both problems to be fixed.

- Wrote the fix description to the Live Update released notes. Uploaded the updated release notes on the update server.

That's exactly how I "wasted" the last hours. Oh, sorry, I forgot I had lunch in the meantime, sorry for that too...

Yesterday morning and the day before yesterday, I was wasting my time trying to see ways to improve the quality of the grass background, but I'm afraid you'll have to wait next week for news about this, because Alessandro, the scenery author, is on vacation, and I'm not feel confident making a major change like that without checking with him.

All this could've been avoided if you took probably less than a quarter time it took to write this post to mention bullet point 2 above in the locked thread on your forum. In absence of any information, vines of speculation are grown.

Eric