Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

Chesil Beach in Dorset, UK.

Barnes Wallis tested his bouncing bomb here in the waterway (Fleet Lagoon) between the shingle bar and the coast.

chesil2.jpg

chesil1.jpg

And as a bonus shot - here's how it looks inverted in a Razbam GR.7 Harrier at 450 kts in FSX

shar2.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 6

Plymouth MA, USA

tvI9f9L.jpgreMvD4o.jpg

• Like 3

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Salar de Coipasa (l.) and Salar de Uyuni (r.), Bolivia

cOHjmGZ.jpg941EFfZ.jpg

• Like 3

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

El Hierro, Spain

ARWFTfi.jpgIGfgPAQ.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

El Hierro, Spain

ARWFTfi.jpgIGfgPAQ.jpg

It seems that the autogen doesn’t include greenhouses. Orbx Open LC EU had that problem early on for the South of Spain.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

20 hours ago, Shug said:

I'm completely confused. The Alpha shots and videos in the weekly Developer Update are watermarked. Are these breaking the NDA then?

NO. They have been vetted and chosen by MS/Asobo for public release.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Alpha-2020-06

Do anyone know where this is? It will certaintly be one of my "must go to" places when the sim is out.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

1 hour ago, jlund said:

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Alpha-2020-06

Do anyone know where this is? It will certaintly be one of my "must go to" places when the sim is out.

Looks like the Far East. Somewhere near the Malacca Straits.

That's an absolute guess.

Shack - one for you...

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

Looks like a mix of fish ponds and greenhouses without autogen. I’d say South China 😃.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

Looks like a mix of fish ponds and greenhouses without autogen. I’d say South China 😃.

ça me fait aussi penser aux marais salants de Vendée (près de Noirmoutier 🙂 )

• Upvote 1

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

Just now, canadiantree said:

ça me fait aussi penser aux marais salants de Vendée (près de Noirmoutier 🙂 )

Now that you tell us, I think you may be very well right !

Dominique

20 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Now that you tell us, I think you may be very well right !

I don't know... The terrain there is very flat. The screenshot make it seem as if there's some hills. 

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

Yes but it looks like salt marshes more than fish ponds, you are right. Staying in France I am going to check oyster beds regions 😉 ! Marennes, here I come.

BTW @Shack95 you should have a look how the sim autogen renders the greenhouses. I am afraid there is a problem here. Just sayin'...

• Like 1

Dominique