Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

On 6/19/2020 at 11:37 PM, jlund said:

"Any posting of watermarked Alpha pics WILL be removed!"

I hope you don't mean the official MS approved screenshots? 

Yes, I do!  Those shots are for the "official site" and NOT here!  This has been discussed by ADMIN and moderators.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

53 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Yes, I do!  Those shots are for the "official site" and NOT here!  This has been discussed by ADMIN and moderators.

Avsim must have struck a nice deal to start charging MS for spreading their marketing material. Up until now we've done it all for free.

58 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Do I get this right, posting weekly updates and screenshot/Bing Maps comparisons won‘t be possible anymore in the future? 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

It's all getting more and more embarrassing. Release date: 2020

Now: 2020/6 

Still no information. The phrases "we want to work with the community" are just empty words. 

Thanks Microsoft

29 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Do I get this right, posting weekly updates and screenshot/Bing Maps comparisons won‘t be possible anymore in the future? 

I don't think you got it right.  Just the watermarked shots someone took while testing the alpha/beta product and is posting against the signed NDA.  This also goes for video links.  

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Charlie - is it Avsim's job to police the NDA? I mean none of us have signed it so we're not bound by it.

What is now leaked is now in the public domain making whether or not it should be there a moot point.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 3

"Just the watermarked shots someone took while testing the alpha/beta product and is posting against the signed NDA.  This also goes for video links."

I still don't get it? All the comparison shots have been from the weekly updates, and all of them have watermarks, so are you saying these are NOT allowed to show in this thread? It's screenshots MS has allowed to be shown, so what difference does it make if they can be seen in this thread?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

36 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I don't think you got it right.  Just the watermarked shots someone took while testing the alpha/beta product and is posting against the signed NDA.  This also goes for video links.  

Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

13 minutes ago, jlund said:

"Just the watermarked shots someone took while testing the alpha/beta product and is posting against the signed NDA.  This also goes for video links."

I still don't get it? All the comparison shots have been from the weekly updates, and all of them have watermarks, so are you saying these are NOT allowed to show in this thread? It's screenshots MS has allowed to be shown, so what difference does it make if they can be seen in this thread?

My understanding jlund, is that Charlie is saying that those shots - that make up the screenshots of the weekly updates released by MS/ Asobo are perfectly fine to reproduce here. The in-game alpha footage screenshots from leaked material is not.

Charlie please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

My question is do we need to be bound by an agreement we haven't signed? Or is Avsim respecting the spirit of the NDA - which is of course fine and groovy of them to do.

• Like 1

I agree with the moderator. IMO I find it very kind of AVSIM to allow us (that have been left behind the alpha) to put the links of the leaks so we can have sane debates and comparison..however we should not push it further than that a breach is a breach..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, adino said:

I agree with the moderator. IMO I find it very kind of AVSIM to allow us (that have been left behind the alpha) to put the links of the leaks so we can have sane debates and comparison..however we should not push it further than that a breach is a breach..

I agree.

Let's keep MS/ Asobo on our side.

• Upvote 1

Somehow I find the screenshot of Athens interesting. You can defenately see there the autogenerated buildings. It might be perhaps a clue of what to expect when not using online streamed data.

The building don`t look the same, plus the museum is not there at all. But that shouldn`t be a critic, more a thought of what to expect perhaps.

Also I guess the screenshot was likely made with medium to low graphics settings, as the trees are missing in the Acropolis.

Here are the links of the pics:

Athens-Google-Earth.jpg

G0rkT.jpg

Edited by n4gix
Restored Alpha test screenshot.

Once again, do not post ALPHA test pics in the AVSIM forums!

Charlie Aron

On 6/21/2020 at 11:06 AM, Will Fly For Cheese said:

My understanding jlund, is that Charlie is saying that those shots - that make up the screenshots of the weekly updates released by MS/ Asobo are perfectly fine to reproduce here. The in-game alpha footage screenshots from leaked material is not.

Charlie please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

My question is do we need to be bound by an agreement we haven't signed? Or is Avsim respecting the spirit of the NDA - which is of course fine and groovy of them to do.

We are in spirit with the NDA!  The proper place for watermarked shots or videos of the ALPHA/BETA testing of the new sim is the Microsoft/Asobo new forum site.  The weekly updates, I assume, are done by an authorized person from the Microsoaft/Asobo team.

Charlie Aron

19 hours ago, charliearon said:

Once again, do not post ALPHA test pics in the AVSIM forums!

That was a screenshot was from one of the weekly Development Updates, it wasn't leaked from the testing forums.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/april-16th-2020-development-update/

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/558821-in-game-vs-satellite/?do=findComment&comment=4213674

Are you going to stop people from linking screenshots that were authorized to be shown by MS/Asobo now?

Re-posting something that they posted publicly for everyone in the world to see isn't breaking the NDA.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2