Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

3 hours ago, jetlag said:

SORRY for mentioning this,  Please don't flame me but the real world trees are quite realistic!  🐵

That shot clerarly demonstrates that third party scenery market is not dead with this sim.

The trees are way too tall, the mesh is abysmally bad in resolution.

5 minutes ago, Farlis said:

That shot clerarly demonstrates that third party scenery market is not dead with this sim.

The trees are way too tall, the mesh is abysmally bad in resolution.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some posts ago;

"I love this thread because it's just visuals with no discussion about whether things look right or wrong - especially trees - and goodness - there's plenty of other threads around here if you want to lock horns with others on the subject.

It's just a visual feast. It shouldn't be anything more."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some posts ago;

"I love this thread because it's just visuals with no discussion about whether things look right or wrong - especially trees - and goodness - there's plenty of other threads around here if you want to lock horns with others on the subject.

It's just a visual feast. It shouldn't be anything more."

I fully agree with you, although my earlier tongue-in-cheek comment restarted the tree saga.  I could not resist, my bad !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Yeah, that's it Shack,

When I was hunting about in the med earlier there were ponds which looked just like that in Ibiza...I guess it's all salt...I thought the coloured salt you buy was dyed - I didn't realise it was harvested that colour - must be something - I'm guessing - to do refraction and pH/ acidity/ alkalinity.

The salt farms of Ibiza

saltfiled1.jpg

There is also an interesting saline palette near Cagliari.

• Like 1

Screenshot-47.png

Istanbul, Sultanahmed

The tall buildings between Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque dont exist. I like it anyway.

2a2b672f2561e34f5c8a27d9ae103005.jpg

Edited by ArchStanton
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, ArchStanton said:

The tall buildings between Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque dont exist.

I wonder if this is another case of crude OSM data similar to the tall buildings in the Bangkok screenshot?

• Like 1

Give people power to really test their personality.

18 minutes ago, ArchStanton said:

Screenshot-47.png

Istanbul, Sultanahmed

The tall buildings between Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque dont exist. I like it anyway.

Just now, SamYeager said:

I wonder if this is another case of crude OSM data similar to the tall buildings in the Bangkok screenshot?

Yes, this is Bangkok all over again.  They should be more careful with highly known landmarks. 

Now, circumbulating  my virtual stupa singing  "it only an alpha, its only an alpha, its only an alpha" to regain positive energy.

Done. The models of the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia are nice.

BTW the shot was taken overflying the Great Bazar, I think. I wonder how it looks.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Sydney, Australia

2dBumhB.jpgdGFP0S7.jpg

• Like 4

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Gold Coast, Australia

W6VwOY7.jpgd7em0zY.jpg

• Like 4

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Seattle, USA

sTAgk8q.jpge4uJrHZ.jpg

• Like 3

Lake Powell, USA

eOGnKSn.jpg5bcrNIo.jpgIVIcLPk.jpglaqFoAh.jpg

• Like 6

the trees in the real life Istanbul pic are too big. (he said sarcastically)

• Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Shack95, good to see you're not too busy flying, to help naming the places in the updates. It certainly helps me find new places I want to explore when the sim. is out.

Just let me know if you need more pictures to name, I still have a bunch from the updates, that haven't been named yet 🙂 

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

I fly around a lot in Austria and found a very nice spot covered by BING maps.

I wonder how they are going to solve that:

2Ueo4Og.png

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved