Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

Seattle area, USA

ZMVOLOY.jpgtMQ01cm.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Donegal, Ireland

Gw6xumB.jpgk9xvUBn.jpg

Pretty but far too many trees for coastal Ireland, that does seem to be a recurrent theme amongst the screenshots.The Bing image shows it's more likely scrubland.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Any ideas where this is @Shack95? Or anyone else?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

47 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Any ideas where this is

😅No idea. Does it even exist? Middle-earth? 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

There are some new screenshots on the store pages for the Deluxe and Premium editions

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

There are some new screenshots on the store pages for the Deluxe and Premium editions

I see the same screenshots as when they announced them, or am I not looking in the right place?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

@Shack95 Are you retiring on August 18th, 2020? Or are we gonna have another thread where we can post our own screenshots from FS2020, and call it "Try to stump the @Shack95". BTW, Thanks to you mainly and other members for keeping this thread so interesting 🙂

Retire or Not Retire, that is the question? Welcome to the new game show, Stump the Shack95, can you post a screen shot that he can not find in what area it is in? I don't think so, but you can try!

Like I said, thanks to you and others here that have found screen shot locations. Only about 5 weeks left, enjoy 🙂

And he and others are now looking for the areas posted in the Microsoft Pre-order page. They will never give up I tell you 🙂

BTW, we all need to do a Multiplayer when it is released 🙂 See if we can fly to some of the places post here. Well the people that enjoy that type of stuff, like me. Hopefully we can use the same names as we use here? I have no clue, if that is even possible?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

I also want to say a big thank you to Shack95 for all the work and time he has put into giving us locations of a lot of the screenshots MS have put up in the weekly updates. Thanks to him and a few others, I have manged to collect aprox 450 screenshots with named places on aprox.375 of them. 🙂 Unfortunately he is in the Alpha now, which means he doen't have as much time to do it anymore, what a shame....... No just kidding. I really thinks he deserves to be flying a lot now, so enjoy the game, I know I will from Aug. 18 🙂

• Like 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

17 hours ago, in2tech said:

Retire or Not Retire, that is the question? Welcome to the new game show, Stump the Shack95, can you post a screen shot that he can not find in what area it is in?

😂What can I win?

16 hours ago, jlund said:

Thanks to him and a few others, I have manged to collect aprox 450 screenshots with named places on aprox.375 of them.

Thanks man. Glad you enjoyed it.

On 7/15/2020 at 10:52 AM, ckyliu said:

Pretty but far too many trees for coastal Ireland, that does seem to be a recurrent theme amongst the screenshots.The Bing image shows it's more likely scrubland.

I'd be in two minds whether to commit to the landing. There are waves coming in to that shoreline higher than the hangar...

Still a few things out of scale.

On another forum I frequent we play a game called "What Aerodrome?" by posting a pic or two and a couple of clues.

It's very popular and could work here.

Silverstone Circuit, UK

1OT7aGo.jpg2LqPyBm.jpg

• Like 4

Abaco Islands, Bahamas

c6jr1SB.jpgBuesIlD.jpg

• Like 2

Nassau Airport, Bahamas

j1akWy1.jpg9Yodi17.jpg

• Like 1

In both shot the Tropical water shade looks better but still not at the level I'm expecting for this sim...or most probably it is just the user settings that are fooling one...

Same for the runway textures I really hope in the future we can have the ortho-textures of the runway (real runway textures) as sublayer of the default runway so that every freaking runway in the world looks exactly as it should with all his wears and tears and scratch marks that would be cool!

Edited by adino

3 hours ago, adino said:

Same for the runway textures I really hope in the future we can have the ortho-textures of the runway (real runway textures) as sublayer of the default runway so that every freaking runway in the world looks exactly as it should with all his wears and tears and scratch marks that would be cool!

This probably won't happen: all runways, taxiways and aprons need highres textures that look good from 1 meter. The orthos at best have a resolution of some 30 cm. So, at least a generic highres runway texture must be blended over as you are approaching. But: to avoid visual inconsistencies the runway markings could not be part of that highres texture - a dilemma. The same is true for the synthetic taxiway lines that were criticised on many screenshots: the otho images show the real markings at a too low resolution.

Btw., if you look at roads or highways in those screenshots, most have no overlay an look quite dull and often hard to recognize. Also the diffuse reflection of sunshine on smooth concrete or asphalt could only be modeled on overlay textures with the appropriate material tags.