Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Where is "Poppet"?

she used to be very active and helpful in this forum, what happened to here? where is she?

Is she OK?

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

25 minutes ago, penta_a said:

she used to be very active and helpful in this forum, what happened to here? where is she?

Is she OK?

I thinks she's fine. Check LM forums.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

34 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I thinks she's fine. Check LM forums.

Last activity for her in LM forums was on 24 Feb 2019? and that is why I'm asking.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

I've noticed her absence too. @Poppet's last Avsim visit was back in March. Hope she's ok.

She got married and believe she wants to take care of her family.  That's truly understandable.  All the hard work she did for AVSIM was greatly appreciated and we miss her!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

23 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

She got married and believe she wants to take care of her family.  That truly understandable.  All the hard work she did for AVSIM was greatly appreciated and we miss her!

That's good to hear. Congratulations to her and best wishes.

Edited by BillS511
  • Upvote 1

I think you will find that she has been taking care of her family for years :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

She got married and believe she wants to take care of her family.  That's truly understandable.  All the hard work she did for AVSIM was greatly appreciated and we miss her!

Thanks Jim, it's good to know she is OK, I wish her all the best and to you too Jim and to every helping member of the AVSIM community.

• Upvote 1

Ali A.

22 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Well thats a poor excuse for not visiting and posting here daily.

Hopefully she’ll be back soon. Certainly a very helpful & talented person indeed.

Edited by Iceman2

Hi,

While, of course and without any evidence to the contrary, I accept the explanation given for her coincidental and seemingly sudden withdrawal from the LM and AVSIM forums, I find it a little disquieting that she did not take a few moments to inform our respective communities of her intentions. Certainly she was under no obligation to do so but it does seem strange, nonetheless. 

During her tenure as Moderator I believe Elaine (aka Poppet) earned our undying respect and admiration as we all struggled ‘to tame the beast’. Her methodical instructive approach and tireless efforts to help us were truly extraordinary, set her apart from others and richly deserved our gratitude and thanks. 

I think it is reasonable to say that her relationship with the community became quite special so the manner of her departure does, for me at least, raise more questions than answers. 

Jim has been kind enough to provide us with an explanation but this does prompt the question as to why we were not told long before now? On the face of it, It does seem that this thread was necessary to provoke this response.

Regards,

Mike

• Like 1

She is still a member and may one day return.  Right now I think she got overwhelmed with taking care of her family and marriage and her position as an AVSIM Moderator.  I do not think Moderators, Admins, or Members should have to explain why they are leaving AVSIM.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 6

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm jealous. She didn't tell me she had another guy.

Seriously, best wishes Poppet.

Vic green

From one who benefitted greatly from her wisdom-I wish Poppet well

I am sure she made the right decisions

xxd09

May the Force be with you, Elaine.

Sorry.....I've just been watching an episode of Star Wars Rebels :blush:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png