Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

September 26th Update - Feature Discovery Series Preview: World

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

Testing is for wimps, real men test in production

"We're shipping it Wednesday.  Have it ready." -- real world quote.

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

2 hours ago, Noooch said:

"The information you seek, is much closer than you think"

What information are we seeking? Only two come in my mind:

- hardware requirements (stream, internet speed...)

- release date

We already know it won't be any subscription

I'd like to know

• Whether there's VR support.
  • Included aircraft
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nickhod said:
  • Whether there's VR support.

VR was mentioned in the second development update so I think it's on the table.

1 minute ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

VR was mentioned in the second development update so I think it's on the table.

They said 

There are many very important topics being discussed in the community (e.g. New Flight Model/IFR-VFR Flight/Weather Simulation Depth/VR Support, etc.). The team is constantly monitoring the feedback/suggestions being discussed and please know that many of these topics and more, will be covered thoroughly in near future updates

which falls a bit short of properly confirming it.

I'd like to see them say "yes, VR will be supported at launch with the following headsets / platforms".

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I believe he was also the one that made an extremely rude and insulting post when it took a few minutes after the development update for the Insider Home to be updated with the first batch of screenshots and videos, highlighting Microsoft's incompetency or something like that.

Oh yes I remember, a bad day at work and I took it out MS, and I think I got suspended for a couple of days, and rightly so.  My apologies to MS for that.

The post got deleted and so it's hard to actually recall what I said, I think it would be helpful if AVSIM let the user (but no one else) still see the deleted post in their profile, so they can understand exactly what it was that said wrong.  Sometimes it's just an issue with "tone".

Edited by MatthewS
  • Like 4

Matthew S

1 hour ago, Casualcas said:

But my point is, ensure the scale of objects,  hero objects,  or other autogen are relatively the correct size

Oh, the scale of "autogen"... we going to open that can of worms again?

Matthew S

15 minutes ago, nickhod said:

I'd like to see them say "yes, VR will be supported at launch with the following headsets / platforms".

Mentioning VR support as one of the important community topics without any plans to support it would be rather dumb on their part. I'll be very surprised if the simulator does not include at least a basic implementation. The "Cockpit" episode could be the one where they'll talk about it.

6 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Oh yes I remember, a bad day at work and I took it out MS, and I think I got suspended for a couple of days, and rightly so.  My apologies to MS for that.

The post got deleted and so it's hard to actually recall what I said, I think it would be helpful if AVSIM let the user (but no one else) still see the deleted post in their profile, so they can understand exactly what it was that said wrong.  Sometimes it's just an issue with "tone".

Very understandable. Sorry for bringing this up, and good job for owning up to it.

2 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Matthew,

The reason you get called out so often is not because you highlight things that appear wrong with the sim or things that need to be corrected, it’s because of the manner and tone in which you do it.

For example, you want to make note of some cloud popping you witnessed you could state it this way:

“During the video around the 30-35 second mark I noticed some clouds popping in and out of the scene. I hope this is something that MS is aware of and is able to remedy prior to release.”

But rather, you’re comments often come across abrasive and inciting. Something to the effect of:

“I’m underwhelmed, that was horrible, still seeing cloud popping, autogen popping, etc, etc. If MS wants to impress me they need to do this, this and this.”

As you can see, there’s two ways to report something, one with some decorum and one that incites. Unfortunately a lot of your feed back becomes inciting and stirs up arguments, which is why a lot of your posts get hidden.

I don’t know you from Adam, so maybe you try to incite on purpose or maybe you do it without realizing that some decorum and civility are needed and is a less abrasive way to report things you see as issues.

I’m sure everyone who frequents this forum wants the sim to be the best that it can be, but posting comments for improvements or fixes in an abrasive manner won’t make MS take more notice or fix it faster. Be mindful of that when you see something that doesn’t look right and decide to post about it. You’ll get a much better reception from your peers here at Avsim if you go about it that way.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 15

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Is it mentioned on which store/launcher they're going to put their product on? It makes sense if they make it  microsoft store only but i really hope that we could also have it on steam.

26 minutes ago, hadi said:

Is it mentioned on which store/launcher they're going to put their product on? It makes sense if they make it  microsoft store only but i really hope that we could also have it on steam.

I'd say there's a decent chance of a steam release. A few XGS games are releasing on steam, Gears 5 for example is available and that's a pretty recent title. I think next year's Halo will release there too so having flight sim release wouldn't be too far fetched.

But you're correct in that it will certainly be on microsoft store.

• Upvote 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

12 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

I’m also starting to think seasons won’t make version 1.0, but how long into the development of fsx did they release screenshots of different seasons?

This World Engine is light years more advanced than ESP and thus seasonal variations should be handled dynamically and not by swapping textures as it was the case with ESP (aka FSX).

Even in the XPlane 11 engine, a commercial add-on called X-Enviro, introduced dynamic snow coverage depending on temperature and altitude. A slider can even determine dynamically (in real-time) how much snow covers your ground. And this includes photoreal/orthophoto scenery...

So if MS decides to include the seasonal feature in their initial release, I am confident this new cutting edge engine will handle it in a dynamic and gradual way. And it will be more true to life than textures that are swapped at a specific time of the year in a specific spot on the planet.

It\s more or less like the dynamic day time change that modern engines can handle now... The last MS video show this dynamic transition from the night time to day time. even in XPlane is possible in real-time. 

The techniques and methods of the ESP engine will be obsolete in this one as far as I can tell (by comparing it to Unigine as they seem both having similar tech).

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

13 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

I’m also starting to think seasons won’t make version 1.0

You see, MSFS 2020 is so advanced that Microsoft has already incorporated Global Warming into the sim. So the entire global will be eternally summer.

• Like 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.