Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Worth investing in P3D addons or wait?

Microsoft has.  But that's not what I'm commenting on.  I'm commenting on 3rd party devs working on it.

As I'm under NDA, I cannot comment on pretty much anything...

Edited by Milviz

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

43 minutes ago, Milviz said:

As I'm under NDA, I cannot comment on pretty much anything...

Edit:  revised the quote to match the current post.

I think it's unlikely too, but maybe not *that* unlikely. 

Good to hear about the NDA. 🙂   I'm a little curious about how they wrote the NDA that keeps everyone from violating it.  Apparently it has more teeth than the one for Microsoft Flight.  Of course, that's probably covered under the NDA as well... 

Hook

Edited by LHookins

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Well I'm back in the third party market after finding out MSFS has no season`s just summer texture a chocolate box flyer, season may come some time in the future ill wait till then.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

My personal stance is that I won't be spending any additional money on scenery in any sim. Planes...maybe. Now, if @RXP wants to offer a good discount their products, I think I can be MUCH more easily swayed 👍😉

Edited by snglecoil

Chris

There's a few add-ons I'm still likely to buy, the a2a Aerostar for p3d and the Skunkcrafts Lancair Legacy for XP11.

If they ever come out haha 

Oh and the Aerobask Falcon 8x and the Hotstart Challenger 650!

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

There's a few add-ons I'm still likely to buy, the a2a Aerostar for p3d and the Skunkcrafts Lancair Legacy for XP11.

If they ever come out haha 

At least the A2A Cub is already in beta testing. 🙂  Let's hope the Aerostar comes out before MSFS.  At this point it's too far in the future for me to consider as a possible purchase, but if it is available soon enough I'll get it.

I figure MSFS is a year away and I don't intend to give up flight simming in the mean time.

Hook

Larry Hookins

It's easy for me: I said bye bye to P3D half a year or so ago after reinstalling Windows 10: I just didn't feel like going through all the trouble again and so I only reinstalled Aerofly FS 2 for my current simming needs. AFS2 is a very limited sim but it does the job for now. I can't wait to uninstall it though and replace it with MSFS (or Deadstick).

I also think I will be able to enjoy MSFS for months and months with just the default planes: they seem to become a lot better than current default (P3D) planes so they will be fine enough for me for quite some time. Obviously scenery is a no brainer: I will use whatever MSFS offers and enjoy it fully. 

In short: I won't spend a dime on P3D anymore (and also not on AFS2). MSFS is a sim made in heaven and everything I've been hoping for for decades. I already know that even out of the box it will keep me entertained for a long, long time. MSFS add ons? Fine, but I can wait. And I will only buy whatever is 100% MSFS compatible and on the same level. So no easy-P3D-plane-legacy-conversions for me.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, LHookins said:

At least the A2A Cub is already in beta testing. 🙂  Let's hope the Aerostar comes out before MSFS.  At this point it's too far in the future for me to consider as a possible purchase, but if it is available soon enough I'll get it.

I figure MSFS is a year away and I don't intend to give up flight simming in the mean time.

Hook

I won´t wait till MSFS 2020 comes out and will buy if I like too. Of course I will decide with MSFS 2020 in my mind. But for now it is stil too far away. I like P3D a lot. And I am also really waiting on what they bring in V5. 

And if MSFS 2020 is out, I don´t have any clue about which products will be available by then. I am a VR-TubeFlyer.......747, 777, 787, 320.....are must-haves for me. If at least one Long hauler and Mid hauler aren´t present, I won´t even jump on. But that is my personal decission. Everyone should decide what they like to. Of course it is also a financial thing. I have +150 Addons....maybe 200 inbetween....stopped counting. I won´t stop using them and buying further, and if my requirements are met by MSFS....than ANOTHER Sim will "Addon" my SSD.

BTW: The reason why I stopped using my prior sim X P,lane 11 with the whole world in ORTHO! was due the lack of good Plane-addons beside the one and only 737 at that time. They also Missed the time to market (with high level after market products) in MY case. 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I never spent money on FSX. Now on XP, I’ve bought like 5 or 6 airports, and only one since MFS was announced. And honestly, I’m bored of those ugly clouds, shadows issues, outdated sky and sun textures, ugly water, no ATC, etc. Even more after the last week preview. 

So I won’t buy anything else. Even more, I don’t think I will buy anything for the new sim for years. I just want to start, play, and enjoy. That simple. 

So idk your personal intentions, but I can wait without spending anything else on outdated sims. 

1 minute ago, aleex said:

I never spent money on FSX. Now on XP, I’ve bought like 5 or 6 airports, and only one since MFS was announced. And honestly, I’m bored of those ugly clouds, shadows issues, outdated sky and sun textures, ugly water, no ATC, etc. Even more after the last week preview. 

So I won’t buy anything else. Even more, I don’t think I will buy anything for the new sim for years. I just want to start, play, and enjoy. That simple. 

So idk your personal intentions, but I can wait without spending anything else on outdated sims. 

I do understand what you are writing 8allthough partially). 

But do you know when MSFS comes? And do you know when you required Addons will become available after that? It CAN (not has to be) still take many months or even years for that.

But your good decission. I am simply not willing to give up now and miss months of exitment in buying, installing AND a little tweaking to make it adorable.

Of course MSFS LOOKS much better. But more I haven´t at this moment

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I'll probably buy P3Dv5 when it comes out... at $200. 😄  And MSFS of course.  I even expect to find some aircraft I'll want for P3Dv5.

MSFS won't mind if it's not my only flight sim.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Well I too pretty much quit buying Add-Ons for P3D. When I saw the latest bombardment of media and information I nearly wanted to leave P3D behind then as I have been spoiled pretty badly. I recovered from emotions and decided I will still be using it 😉, but only with what I have (especially considering how many products I have and haven't much used them). I will most probably buy the A330, as I'm dying to finally get my hands on it being my favorite aircraft, and not sure I can wait until a potential FS2020 version rolls-out. And I probably will also buy Auckland, first of all I'm a bit of a New Zealand nut (even though I live on the other side of the planet lol), and it's one of the developers I really want to continue their journey with FS2020. I've waited long enough for Africa and Asia and other remote places (Siberia, Pacific Islands, etc...) to get the special treatment. I resisted TrueEarth easily, (even before I ever heard of the new FS) as there was a significant imbalance between usability and visual appeal and since I have always tried to keep my Sim-world as uniform as possible (keep the quality gap around the world as minimal as possible) the regions were also far too small... I am a Global simmer... it was bad enough I had to limit my flights (with a few exceptions) to Europa and the Americas and to premium quality airports.

I will for sure get MSFS on day one and at start will mainly use it as GA and world exploring (I am not only a global simmer... I'm also an all-rounder when it comes to aircraft), especially neglected areas like Africa, Asia, Siberia, etc...! From what I have seen even airports will get the same treatment as the rest of the world does. It doesn't mean it's on premium level as we know it, but light-years ahead of P3D's default, if the airport's that have been shown are any indication. But the world won't be perfect.... I am sure there will be market for your Orbx's, your Flightbeam's and perhaps even your REX's.... it may be more of fine-tuning rather than creating from the ground up, the aircraft market will always be there..... no way they can provide everything that's out there.

Anyway's exciting times ahead.... a lot to look forward to.

Edited by OSJJ1985
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I do understand what you are writing 8allthough partially). 

But do you know when MSFS comes? And do you know when you required Addons will become available after that? It CAN (not has to be) still take many months or even years for that.

Yup, but I can wait with other games. I mean, I’m not forcing anyone to do the same as I will do. But I’m kind of tired of the same issues for over a year, with no response and no intentions to change it. 

So in the meantime I see those new videos, if I had enough patience make some flight on XP, and if not, I will see what can I do for enjoy the waiting.

So, is it worth investing in P3D add-ons...is the question. While I scratch my head attempting to wrap my brain around the idea of stopping all purchases, the instant answer for me is NO, if something is released and I wants it, I'm buying. No way, no how, not a possibility to put anything on hold, with impatient feet tapping for 6-12 months.  

XP11 and P3D have been, and still are, dam excellent sims, full of great stuff thanks to add-on developers. I choose to keep investing and YES, it is worth it.

Also, I highly disagree with the dark predictions of so many 'sim-prophets' that these other sims will die off.

Greg G    

• Like 3

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

8 minutes ago, Chocorua said:

So, is it worth investing in P3D add-ons...is the question. While I scratch my head attempting to wrap my brain around the idea of stopping all purchases, the instant answer for me is NO, if something is released and I wants it, I'm buying. No way, no how, not a possibility to put anything on hold, with impatient feet tapping for 6-12 months.  

XP11 and P3D have been, and still are, dam excellent sims, full of great stuff thanks to add-on developers. I choose to keep investing and YES, it is worth it.

Also, I highly disagree with the dark predictions of so many 'sim-prophets' that these other sims will die off.

Greg G    

Fully agree on that.

And what are this simmers decissions, who really hold on buying anything for about a roughly attempted year, having for consequences for some of the devs who should be able to dev on MSFS? Yes...some will probably struggle and some will fall....that would be a slap in the face to the devs from who we all are providing. Maybe some should take that one in their decission too.

I don´t like this attitude: "Bagging" for Addons, being inpatience why it takes so long, becoming a news about a sim that comes at least a year later and than letting the devs fall by not buying the products which "we" are asking for?

Holy cow.

We should also think about that. The more devs (quality ofcourse) are still allive in 2020 the more chances for good Addons we will probably have in 2020 or later....

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png