Sign in to follow this  
AUjeffk

Have Alpha testers been notified yet?

4 hours ago, Sethos said:

Wave 2 is coming up in a few weeks.

Sign up for Alpha 2 is in a month according to the roadmap, so I'd expect the actual Alpha 2 release to be in like January.

I wanted to check this thread because I have also been accepted.  Said to stay tuned for a download link.  I have not signed anything yet so I'm sure there is no issue with saying I was accepted.  I think each Alpha will be a month in length. So I am expecting the download link around the 1st.  From what we have all seen, the sim seems to run pretty good.  Will be interesting to see what I can say and share and what problems I find.  

dXTGhl9.jpg...just got this, would be a good timing right now 🙂

Edited by Nedo68
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

...just got this, would be a good timing right now 🙂

Ooooh that would be really wonderful timing. These yokes look so good, I envy you! Have a good flight! 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nedo68 said:

dXTGhl9.jpg...just got this, would be a good timing right now 🙂

Night and day better than Saitek. 

Honestly, the first day after being accepted, I was all excited to get my hands on the download and checked my mail often.

Now, I'm actually more relaxed as I realize MS may not get to us for a while, which frees me to move the whole subject towards the back of my mind until I hear something.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well not releasing the Alpha will definitely kill any leaks so it is a good plan. 😀

I appreciate the transparency and willingness to get early feedback but while I have no issue with alpha testing being delayed I am a bit frustrated they didn't even take the trouble to post a basic message on social media to keep us in the loop, Alpha testing was originally stated to start from the 24th after all.

Based on the NDA, would testers be allowed to share their options? No footage, no streaming, just post their options about it

4 minutes ago, Mucker said:

Well not releasing the Alpha will definitely kill any leaks so it is a good plan. 😀

I appreciate the transparency and willingness to get early feedback but while I have no issue with alpha testing being delayed I am a bit frustrated they didn't even take the trouble to post a basic message on social media to keep us in the loop, Alpha testing was originally stated to start from the 24th after all.

Nope, only the “release window opened” that day. And with what they accomplished so far, nobody here or anywhere else should be disappointed or pushy towards them in my opinion...

I agree that it is best to wait.  The download will come...

System Specs: Desktop i7=9770k OC 4.9, 32gb 3200 ddr4, 2080ti 4k 55 samsung curved TV, 2080 3 22 inch monitors. 2tb gaming drive SSD raid 0, Windows 10 on 1tb m.2, 

Roadmap updates tomorrow, then we might get a glimpse of the timelines.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I'm sure tomorrow they will talk something about the reason why the Alpha isn't yet available for the selected insiders.

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

43 minutes ago, raspian300 said:

Based on the NDA, would testers be allowed to share their options? No footage, no streaming, just post their options about it

It's in the name itself...Non Disclosure Agreement. So, no.

Edited by DreamSkywards
And I think you mean "Opinions"?

2 hours ago, maggussje said:

Nope, only the “release window opened” that day. And with what they accomplished so far, nobody here or anywhere else should be disappointed or pushy towards them in my opinion...

YUP, (and you have an odd opinion of what constitutes "pushy". Sycophancy is not an attractive trait "IMO")

TECH ALPHA

• 10.24 – On the 24th, we will begin the process rolling out access to the Tech Alpha. So if you are wondering WHEN build access will be provided, it will start on the 24th.