Sign in to follow this  
AUjeffk

Have Alpha testers been notified yet?

I love all the weirdo rumors that will be going around about the Tech Alpha when it's released. 

"I heard on one private discord if you change the anti-aliasing setting to super sampling in the Tech Alpha everyone you've ever known will die within 3 days." 

Edited by CaptainIronside
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I don't think anyone has been given a download yet, correct me if I'm wrong?

I have a sneaking (and very, very, very optimistic) suspicion that MS is delaying the build release to get more people onboard first, at least that's how it seems anyway.  Originally, they did state the build would be released on the 24th and tech alpha 2 would be mid November.  But given the first build ain't out yet and their announcement on Thursday that they want to get everyone who signed up involved in early alpha testing and will provide another update next week for tech alpha 2, all seems like good news to me.

15 minutes ago, KillerKlient said:

I don't think anyone has been given a download yet, correct me if I'm wrong?

I have a sneaking (and very, very, very optimistic) suspicion that MS is delaying the build release to get more people onboard first, at least that's how it seems anyway.  Originally, they did state the build would be released on the 24th and tech alpha 2 would be mid November.  But given the first build ain't out yet and their announcement on Thursday that they want to get everyone who signed up involved in early alpha testing and will provide another update next week for tech alpha 2, all seems like good news to me.

We might not get any confirmation when the build will be released since those who were picked will probably be more careful about breaching the NDA from now on. Anyway, it was said that the release window opens on the 24th, so it was not guaranteed for that day.

It's good to see that Tech Alpha #2 could be moved forward though.

16 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

We might not get any confirmation when the build will be released since those who were picked will probably be more careful about breaching the NDA from now on. Anyway, it was said that the release window opens on the 24th, so it was not guaranteed for that day.

It's good to see that Tech Alpha #2 could be moved forward though.

Nah, tbh that's not a major thing and there are many places like Facebook groups and reddit where people will always say things like when they have access (and I'm sure pictures and videos will start appearing too).  So far all I have seen on all of these platforms is people asking if they got access to the build yet or not lol.  But I may be wrong, I certainly wasn't invited in this wave.

• Upvote 1

To me, it felt like the rollout was / is slightly delayed, as the emails were still ticking in after it was supposed to have been in the hands of testers. Don't think it's intentional, just one of those things. Thinking Monday when they all return, that's when we'll hear something.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, KillerKlient said:

the build would be released on the 24th and tech alpha 2 would be mid November

The used vague terminology.

Edited by FlyerNYC

7 hours ago, CaptainIronside said:

I love all the weirdo rumors that will be going around about the Tech Alpha when it's released. 

"I heard on one private discord if you change the anti-aliasing setting to super sampling in the Tech Alpha everyone you've ever known will die within 3 days." 

Its only the Avsim way...

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Quiet Sunday....  all the pals must be enjoying MSFS Alpha  😍

too much, too soon....

1 hour ago, pao said:

How true, like when a buddy you see every day finds a new girlfriend.

Thence you never see him again

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

How true, like when a buddy you see every day finds a new girlfriend.

Thence you never see him again

😂

too much, too soon....

2 hours ago, pao said:

I've actually been playing Rocket League if that tells you anything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pao said:

If they had access to the beta they would posting a lot more. It's the calm before the storm 😎

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

2 hours ago, strider1 said:

If they had access to the beta they would posting a lot more. It's the calm before the storm 😎

or not... (NDA)

too much, too soon....

It was stated originally that the software would be delivered via the XBox Insider Hub app. Has that been confirmed?

22 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Its only the Avsim way...

Because no one outside of Avsim ever does that.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD