Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Getting a little worried with what FS will actually be

My opinion is that every version of Microsoft Flight Simulator from FS5 to FS2002 was garbage. That's why I switched exclusively to Flight Unlimited 3 (with the FU2 San Francisco scenery) between 2000 and 2008.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

And does the schedule in the near term not show reveal of partners (3rd parties)?  That list, it true, would reveal more.

I suspect that list of "partners" will consist of where the new cloud system, grass and trees, etc. came from rather than a list of 3rd parties who so far have only had brief contact with MS/ASOBO AFAIK.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

20 minutes ago, n4gix said:

I suspect that list of "partners" will consist of where the new cloud system, grass and trees, etc. came from rather than a list of 3rd parties who so far have only had brief contact with MS/ASOBO AFAIK.

I was actually thinking the same. Especially since they said the following:

this series which will provide insight into all the amazing partnerships taking part in the development of the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. 

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

On seasons, it actually should be pretty easy for them to have them for the offline scenery that uses a texture system.

That’d be a good early compromise. If you want seasons, go offline. If you want Orthos and photogrammetry, they are what they are until they develop the shader tech to do seasons with them.

The offline scenery looks awesome from what we’ve seen so no one should be too upset with that.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, bonchie said:

On seasons, it actually should be pretty easy for them to have them for the offline scenery that uses a texture system.

That’d be a good early compromise. If you want seasons, go offline. If you want Orthos and photogrammetry, they are what they are until they develop the shader tech to do seasons with them.

The offline scenery looks awesome from what we’ve seen so no one should be too upset with that.

I'd put the offline world somewhere between openLC and TrueEarth (it's mere speculation of what I know) , add the MSFS graphical engine and you got something that's perfectly fine for IFR and airliner flights and most probably still way more visually appealing than what we have now. The good thing also about offline mode is it's "quality" consistency around the globe. In online world you get "Photo-cities" and "Azure-cities" (as I call it) which you will notice some differences in appearance, that might feel a little awkward. 

I do hope that airport devs will be able to have their airports blend in with offline world and(!) online world

Edited by OSJJ1985

13 hours ago, ErichB said:

A perpetual summer sim just won't work.  There is no point in them creating the perfect weather environment if you're going to see summer textures in hard winter regions.  It just doesn't make sense.  If they are as keen to make this the sim they say they are, then they will address this for sure.

Agreed but the very vocal and loud VR crowd demanded VR at launch so now we will have to wait and see on seasons post launch...

• Upvote 2

Chris Camp

5 hours ago, skully said:

Not a chance MS would show this to us with an estimated release still two years out.

Not sustainable and with the current level of hysteria surrounding this there would be riots and blood in the streets.

This crossed my mind as well, more than one dev claimed this delay in release, maybe it's them being scared of what's around the corner and their product being defunct or at least under threat from MS.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Indeed Padre- I'm sure like most here, I immediately thought of current FS devs as being partners on the new sim.

But thinking about it- partners may well be companies like Boeing, Airbus, CubCrafters, Textron, Socata, the National Weather Service, NOAA and the US Geographical Survey and their counterparts in other countries etc etc.

Exciting times ahead.

1 hour ago, shivers9 said:

"Oh please ms give us pretty pictures!! We don't need ATC, real weather add ons, AI that works, We can live without those developers ...just give us some basic airplanes to play with. Just please take my money and if you get time over the next 5 or 10 years, then maybe you can add in some of these less desired features. It boggles the mind. Now where did I leave my medication??🤣

who actually talks like that?

• Like 5

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

And speaking more of partners- I'm totally fine with advertisers buying ad space in the sim on billboards, banners being towed by small aircraft.

Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Kraft Foods, General Mills, Sporting Events that coincide with whats current in the real world..

Imagine seeing a Sugar Frosted Flakes billboard on final into LAX. 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, skully said:

And speaking more of partners- I'm totally fine with advertisers buying ad space in the sim on billboards, banners being towed by small aircraft.

Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Kraft Foods, General Mills, Sporting Events that coincide with whats current in the real world..

Imagine seeing a Sugar Frosted Flakes billboard on final into LAX. 😁

An in cabin crew announcements during tube liner flights!  Perhaps some airline will return to providing two miniature vodka bottles instead of one (thank you TWA and United for all your years of service) with each Bloody Mary in return for a brand announcement.....

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, n4gix said:

Well that's a clue from a notable source.  Thanks fellow "NW region" Hoosier!  

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

My opinion is that every version of Microsoft Flight Simulator from FS5 to FS2002 was garbage. That's why I switched exclusively to Flight Unlimited 3 (with the FU2 San Francisco scenery) between 2000 and 2008.

Which is the time frame people were praising Fly2. Now look what happened. 

5 hours ago, n4gix said:

Hmm, not sure if they mean those partners. I mean, the clouds, grass, ... were made in-house, right? Of course, information is still too sparse to make definitive conclusions. I think it's no coincidence they intend on releasing information about the SDK at the same time they'll reveal the Partners.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

3 hours ago, Krakin said:

who actually talks like that?

ME!!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/