cepact

Microsoft should allow sharing of information on forums

Should Microsoft let the testers talk on forums  

46 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should Microsoft let the testers talk on forums

• Yes
    • No

we have now so many members with access to MSFS and yet they won't be able to talk and share any information ?  What is the forum going to look like during months during which half of the people will be speculating other half won't be able to join discussion ... it's ridiculous

Microsoft should really consider authorizing , at least the release of TEXTUAL information on forums by the testers. They could demand limiting the discussions on forums with member only access. Avsim could quickly create a sub forum with member only access where we can exchange with the testers.

Please Microsoft if you're reading this, say something on the next update about this ...

Edited by cepact

NDA exists for a reason. You will probably be able to comment and discuss on closed MS forum. Not here. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Maybe when it gets to BETA version yes there should be allowed limited discussion, but when it’s still ALPHA I think it’s only fair to Microsoft an NDA is applied, it’s still very much a work in progress negative comments online in such an early stage could damage the project, and potentially stop it’s development 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

I think this is why an official forum is coming soon, to allow all that discussion somewhere. Perhaps it will be limited to alpha testers though. Else, you can be rest assured we will all be there.

They are getting their own forum, they control, they moderate 🙂

4xzwZWv.jpg

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, cepact said:

Why would anyone vote 'no' on the poll ? I'm curious

Cos the majority of feeback will be about CTDs and Bugs. Whats the point of non participants reading about that? It will only make people think who are not in that it must be word not allowed which is in the end bad for the game

• Like 2

Lukas Dalton

4 minutes ago, cepact said:

Because sharing something publicly that is not allowed to be public yet could compromise the project. Hence NDA. 

Edited by Johnny19
  • Like 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Just now, Johnny19 said:

Because sharing something publicly that is not allowed to be public yet could compromise the project. 

The point of the poll is to ask Microsoft to allow it, not to break the rules.

• Like 1

Yeah, pretty much an Absolutely Not, for countless reasons.  Just one of them...

I've run test teams professionally and in the flight sim world, and I've been a part of many teams for high end flight sim software.  If MS took the binds off the testers, you would never know what to expect and what the quality of the information would be - which is already an INCREDIBLE problem in the flight sim world as it is.

Nope, bad idea.

• Like 5

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Why would you think that a company like Microsoft doesn't know how to run a test program?

2 minutes ago, cepact said:

The point of the poll is to ask Microsoft to allow it, not to break the rules.

The 'general public' isn't mature enough for that, every company knows that. Start spreading the word about issues, bugs, glitches and crashes for the world to see, even with a million disclaimers and "alpha" watermarks, people will still grab their pitchforks and complain, "Oh no, it sounds like it'll be really buggy! ha ha it will be as unstable as FSX, it has failed already". That is the exact reason why they used closed circle testing and slap people with NDAs.

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

As a developer, a person who has played a lot of games at many levels of polish, and someone who has released something to the public as a business venture before, I know that too often opinions and feedback regarding bugs, performance optimization, and lack of content can cloud and bias the discussion around a game, and lead to a lot of misinformation. There have already been plenty of threads where information was incorrectly disseminated from poor sources or inaccurate readings.

Popular thought can be created very quickly based on very early code, and that is very difficult for a developer to break. So they have to protect the image of their product, and also it protects them legally from actual theft of materials and content.

Sethos wrote: "people will still grab their pitchforks and complain,"

Believe me, even when the programme is released some people will still do that.

• Upvote 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

1 hour ago, cepact said:

Since it''s running about 80% no the question I am quoting should perhaps be reversed.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere