Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 24th 2019 - Development/Insider Update

10 hours ago, dtrjones said:

Still need to fix lights above lamp post level, getting lit windows in those tall buildings in the photogrammetry cities has yet to be shown convincingly. Let's hope they find a way otherwise you get a mass of dark buildings. But it still looks stunning and it would be easy for 3rd part devs to fix. I mean the space needle is an injected model which could quite easily be lit up, but they've not got around to it yet.

FS2020-Seattle-Night.jpg.

The streetlights on the other hand are spot on in that clip. The lights are also, at this stage already, very colorful. The building window lights do need work, that much is certain, but I do hope they won't use photos for that as many are too bright due to many cameras corrections. Another thing is I felt in that other footage, where the tall buildings did have faint orange window lights, the downtown highway lighting might have been a tad too bright, but maybe that's just me. One thing I do love and for me probably the most important detail of all is black, truly dark night skies. That's how it looks anyway

• Like 1

Will we see the lights through the clouds like in this video?

Edited by Pitbull2504
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

Will we see the lights through the clouds like in this video

I hope not, because that's nothing at all what it looks like in real life!

The video has been massively brightened.

Edited by 2reds2whites
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

They could use California as a test bed for that since they always seem to have something on fire.

That's why it came to mind to add wildfires 😉

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

1 hour ago, simtom said:

That's why it came to mind to add wildfires 😉

The idea is interesting but i see it this way not everyone is interested in wildfires, this sounds more like an add on, a DLC or similar thing, something for 3rd party Devs and not direct MS.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, simtom said:

Not something that I want per se, but wildfires based on real life events could be a nice detail to add (or volcano eruptions). Would definitely make route planning a bit more dynamic and realistic.

Frankly, every minute they spend implementing things like wildfires/volcanic eruptions (both a lot of work) is time that they can't spend refining the base scenery, aircraft, engine or performance. 

Given the third party support of flight simulators, I'd rather the developers not focus at all on the 'extraneous,' and instead build a simulator with the 'basics' absolutely nailed. If after that they wanted to add extra's (or third party work) then that's fine, but I don't really want them wasting time on such features. Especially since in real life for example, you wouldn't get anywhere near close enough to a volcanic eruption to see much of it! 

They have finite time and finite resources to publish the sim. Get the basics right and the rest will follow!

Edited by 2reds2whites
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

Frankly, every minute they spend implementing things like wildfires/volcanic eruptions (both a lot of work) is time that they can't spend refining the base scenery, aircraft, engine or performance. 

And I agree with you, it was just a thought I had in my head. Since they see this as a 10-year project, it could be added at a later point in time.

It could be a nice idea for a mission though (like fire fighting).

Edited by simtom

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

7 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

Ehrlich gesagt, jede Minute, die sie mit der Implementierung von Dingen wie Waldbränden / Vulkanausbrüchen verbringen (beides viel Arbeit), ist Zeit, die sie nicht für die Verfeinerung der Basisszenerie, des Flugzeugs, des Motors oder der Leistung ausgeben können. 

Da Flugsimulatoren von Drittanbietern unterstützt werden, ist es den Entwicklern lieber, wenn sie sich überhaupt nicht auf das „Fremde“ konzentrieren und stattdessen einen Simulator bauen, der die „Grundlagen“ auf den Punkt bringt. Wenn sie danach weitere hinzufügen wollten (oder Arbeiten von Drittanbietern), ist das in Ordnung, aber ich möchte nicht, dass sie Zeit für solche Funktionen verschwenden. Zumal man zum Beispiel im wirklichen Leben nicht annähernd genug an einen Vulkanausbruch herankommt, um viel davon zu sehen! 

Sie haben begrenzte Zeit und begrenzte Ressourcen, um die Sim zu veröffentlichen. Holen Sie sich die Grundlagen richtig und der Rest wird folgen!

Release date is already postponed anyway to add VR and seasons. 😄 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2reds2whites said:

I hope not, because that's nothing at all what it looks like in real life!

The video has been massively brightened.

You can see through thinner wispy clouds and it's correct in FS 2020.  At night you will be able to see lights through the thinner clouds.

"That's why it came to mind to add wildfires"

Why? Whats next, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Hail storms etc?

I want them to concentrate on the base sim (which I'm also pretty sure is their main goal), I for one couldn't care less about disasters in the sim. 

• Like 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

basics like runway and airport lighting, textures, and objects (windsocks and ILS towers, etc)

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

38 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

Release date is already postponed anyway to add VR and seasons.

eh no, not necessarily.

21 hours ago, Raymond.Groenendijk said:

This should come pretty close if you set the time to noon or something... There are more video's and screens of grey somber days though.  

Actually, the 5:18 mark ("out of my brain on the 5:15") in episode 2 is good.  I probably just want too much.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

14 minutes ago, sightseer said:

Actually, the 5:18 mark ("out of my brain on the 5:15") in episode 2 is good.  I probably just want too much.

Well I think they might come close with this. Do you have an example picture of what you're looking for?