Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
enrico10999

New System with I9 9900 for P3DV4.5 in 4K ?

Recommended Posts

Hi 

I am using right now, a I7  K 6700 4Ghz, 16 GB RAM and a 2080 graphic card (the Graphic card was an update from last year) original was it a 970.and 2 SSDs 

I have an 43 Zoll LG 4K Monitor and I love to see the sharp cockpits inside the planes in 4K.

I locked the frame rate to 30 fps in the Nvidia inspector

Normally are the framrates at 29-30 fps , but sometimes the frame rate drops below 20 fps, specially with the NGXu stands on high detailed airports (Flightbeam etc).

I played around the last days with SIMstarterNG to deactivate the scenerys I don't need and it helps a bit. 

Sometimes it's hard to understand what is the week spot in your system: the hardware, the settings, the tweaks, the Add ons ???

 

So, I am thinking about a hardware upgrade to the  I9 9900 / new Mainboard / 32GB RAM.

How are your experiences with I9 9900 and with 32 GB? 

In the moment only 8500 - 9000 MB Ram are used, (16GB are displayed) are the others reserved for Win10 ?

Or is there a mistake in my settings? 

Thanks, if you would sharing your thoughts...

 

Erik

 

 

 

Edited by enrico10999

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, enrico10999 said:

So, I am thinking about a hardware upgrade to the  I9 9900 / new Mainboard / 32GB RAM.

How are your experiences with I9 9900 and with 32 GB? 

 

I upgraded to i9900K/32GB when this chip was released about a year ago - and I love it. Nice and steady at 5 Ghz. Just don't expect miracles in terms of sim performance - every little bit helps, and I'd do it again, but gains from CPUs are always relatively modest in this setting.

Btw, I was coming from an overclocked 5200K, which in itself is a pretty good flight sim chip.  

  • Like 1

Rob

Sim rig: i9900K @ 5GHz, 1080 Ti. Flying X-plane, P3D v4.5 and Aerofly FS2 in VR.

It's better to be on the ground wishing you were the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground. 

Share this post


Link to post

9900K is a good CPU and a lot cheaper than the X series CPUs ... I think some OC guru on LN2 managed to get 7.6Ghz out of it (world record still goes to AMD 8730 at 8.7Ghz).

2080 should work well with 9900K just be sure to "balance" your graphics settings so that CPU core 0 and GPU loads is around 90% or less ... important to leave some headroom otherwise stutters will be more prolific.

16GB RAM is ok, but 32GM RAM is better (I've used 26-27GB RAM but I do some pretty extreme case testing).

FYI, I'm working on a product that will do all the performance tuning for you and conflict resolutions (and a bunch of other things to make the experience as simple as click and fly) for all platforms (XP, P3D, and whatever MSFS might bring to the table).

Cheers, Rob.

  • Like 8
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post

You'll kill these forums if you do that.  What else will there be to talk about if there's no tweaking!  Apart from MSFS v P3D of course.



 

ngxu_banner.png                   NAX3142.png

 

Share this post


Link to post

I just got the i7 9700K (upgrading from a 4790k) , was not sure the price difference is worth the i9...

I'm also not into overclocking....


Shom

[Win 10 Pro running on i7-9700K, EVGA 1080Ti, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[PMDG 737/777, TFDI 717, CS 757 iii, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, AS Airbus Pro, AS CRJ 700/900Feelthere E175/195, Majestic Dash 8]

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, enrico10999 said:

Hi 

I am using right now, a I7  K 6700 4Ghz, 16 GB RAM and a 2080 graphic card (the Graphic card was an update from last year) original was it a 970.and 2 SSDs 

I have an 43 Zoll LG 4K Monitor and I love to see the sharp cockpits inside the planes in 4K.

I locked the frame rate to 30 fps in the Nvidia inspector

Normally are the framrates at 29-30 fps , but sometimes the frame rate drops below 20 fps, specially with the NGXu stands on high detailed airports (Flightbeam etc).

I played around the last days with SIMstarterNG to deactivate the scenerys I don't need and it helps a bit. 

Sometimes it's hard to understand what is the week spot in your system: the hardware, the settings, the tweaks, the Add ons ???

 

So, I am thinking about a hardware upgrade to the  I9 9900 / new Mainboard / 32GB RAM.

How are your experiences with I9 9900 and with 32 GB? 

In the moment only 8500 - 9000 MB Ram are used, (16GB are displayed) are the others reserved for Win10 ?

Or is there a mistake in my settings? 

Thanks, if you would sharing your thoughts...

 

Erik

 

 

 

Upgrade in the spring from this year to a I9-9900KF (5.0 ghz) with a GTX 2080 and 32 gb and several M2 drives very happy here 🙂 Running A 2K 10bit monitor

(32GB is for P3D overkill, but using more then P3D 😲)

Edited by awf

 

André
 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

FYI, I'm working on a product that will do all the performance tuning for you and conflict resolutions (and a bunch of other things to make the experience as simple as click and fly) for all platforms (XP, P3D, and whatever MSFS might bring to the table).

Cheers, Rob.

OMG!! YES! 


Clément Hernandez

i7-4770K O/C 4.4 GHz | GeForce GTX 1080 TI | 16GB RAM |ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 | Samsung 850 1TB SSD | Windows 10 x64

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks Rob, sounds great.....


Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

                 

                     MICHAEL J     proud supporter

                       KJAX   FLORIDA

                    

Share this post


Link to post

Rob,

Apologies in advance.

I cannot help myself, but I DEMAND to know just what is the exact time (Zulu of course) and date you will release this. 

I know this demand would probably not work with PMDG and the new MSFS but I just gotta try LOL

It all sounds great but in all humility, may I ask if you are contemplating freeware or payware?  I just know that it will be extremely popular with our flight simming group

Regards

Tony 


Tony Chilcott.

 

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

9900K is a good CPU and a lot cheaper than the X series CPUs ... I think some OC guru on LN2 managed to get 7.6Ghz out of it (world record still goes to AMD 8730 at 8.7Ghz).

2080 should work well with 9900K just be sure to "balance" your graphics settings so that CPU core 0 and GPU loads is around 90% or less ... important to leave some headroom otherwise stutters will be more prolific.

16GB RAM is ok, but 32GM RAM is better (I've used 26-27GB RAM but I do some pretty extreme case testing).

FYI, I'm working on a product that will do all the performance tuning for you and conflict resolutions (and a bunch of other things to make the experience as simple as click and fly) for all platforms (XP, P3D, and whatever MSFS might bring to the table).

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob, I am just gonna raise my hand if you need me to test your software on my system as a test 😜


FSBetaTesters2.png

So many addons; So little time to play with them all.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

9900K is a good CPU and a lot cheaper than the X series CPUs ... I think some OC guru on LN2 managed to get 7.6Ghz out of it (world record still goes to AMD 8730 at 8.7Ghz).

2080 should work well with 9900K just be sure to "balance" your graphics settings so that CPU core 0 and GPU loads is around 90% or less ... important to leave some headroom otherwise stutters will be more prolific.

16GB RAM is ok, but 32GM RAM is better (I've used 26-27GB RAM but I do some pretty extreme case testing).

FYI, I'm working on a product that will do all the performance tuning for you and conflict resolutions (and a bunch of other things to make the experience as simple as click and fly) for all platforms (XP, P3D, and whatever MSFS might bring to the table).

Cheers, Rob.

 

Great idea! For me personally such a tool would be worth 15 Euro, like the Simstarter NG.

I am often overwhelmed with all the different factors, the settings in the simulator and
the scenery settings.

I just had the case today when I flew in the 737 NGXu from KSFO to KLAX and before KLAX the frame rate dropped to 12 fps. Later I found out that it was due to the ORBX North and South California settings.  When I deactivated all extras in the ORBX menu and got 24-25 fps.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, enrico10999 said:

I am often overwhelmed with all the different factors, the settings in the simulator and
the scenery settings.

Many are, don't blame them ... getting all these add-ons to work in harmony with each other can be time consuming and daunting for the many that just want to fly and enjoy.

I'd price it around $10-$15 US and provide additional "New" features for $3-5 (optional and not required) as I develop them and updates/support would be free for 2 years from purchase.  This allows for folks to pay for what they need/use rather than pay for features they don't use/need ... modular approach.

For example: additional "new" features would be things like configuration/installation of Goflight Interface Tool modules for various aircraft types (PMDG, Carenado, Milviz, Captain Sim, etc.) and other features that I need to keep under wraps for right now. 

Cheers, Rob.

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Rob,

I am having trouble typing this because of the tears in my eyes at the thought of having all my trials and tribulations handled at the click of a button! 😪 I am one of those consummate multi software and hardware add on guys who never seems to get it right and spends more time trying to fix problems than simming. Add me to the list of volunteers to help beta test and first in line to buy your offering.

Rick

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, paddler said:

I am one of those consummate multi software and hardware add on guys who never seems to get it right and spends more time trying to fix problems than simming.

You are one of many (and unfortunately reality of the environment, the SDK, and beyond the SDK) ... the task ahead of me is difficult (maybe even daunting) and I realize there will be cases I just can't solve or help the end user, but I'm aiming for the 90%.

Cheers, Rob.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...