Sagittarius2018

Black ground textures problem: I tried all solutions but ...

Hi, I've read dozens of pages on this topic, in this forum and in others.
I have adopted all the proposed solutions; here is the list:

• delete shader folder
  • disabled the "Frozen surface" option in FTX Global Vector (ORBX): this operation solved almost all problems around KJFK airport, before it was like this
  • inserted value TextureMaxLoad = 30 in scenery.cgf file (before it did not exist)
  • increased value of TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT to 150 in scenery.cfg file
  • I tried to disable some scenarios

However I was not able to solve the problem at all, which is especially noticeable in the following image (note the highlighted areas).

I don't know what to do anymore, can I hope to get help from you? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

1.jpg

approaching the area....

2.jpg

3.jpg

KJFK area

4.jpg

• Like 1

Hopping on-board with this one since I see a bit of this as well, but only sparsely.  A little annoying, but livable since the new sim is on its way 🙂  Regardless, would also like to understand this.  

Doug Miannay

M1mhPJG.png 1BV5Kt7.jpg

PC Specs: i7-8700K (OC 5.0GHz - HT Off) | ASUS Maximus X Hero Z370 | Corsair Hydro H150i Pro Cooler | ASUS STRIX-RTX2080TI-11G | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 TridentZ RGB 4000Hz  | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 960 Pro 1TB M.2 (Sim/Games) | Corsair H1000i PSU | Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout Case | Win10 Pro x64

Addons: Many Orbx Products | Many FSD/FB/FT/PacS/LatinV/Aerosoft Airports | ASP4/ASCA | UTL at 35% | ChasePlane | PMDG/FSL/A2A Aircraft

3 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Hopping on-board with this one since I see a bit of this as well, but only sparsely.  A little annoying, but livable since the new sim is on its way 🙂  Regardless, would also like to understand this.  

Hi dmiannay, I know that the new sim will arrive next year, but I would like to fly in a less disastrous world 😁

Edited by Sagittarius2018
  • Like 1

Yep, @Ruisseau... watched and implemented all this quite some time ago when Rod first posted it.  With all the scenery add-ons and potentials for conflict these days, I feel the only reliable way to correct this is a complete reinstall of P3D/add-ons.  Certainly doable, but the issue isn't bad enough for me at this time.  But, I would like to understand what the problem is.

Doug Miannay

M1mhPJG.png 1BV5Kt7.jpg

PC Specs: i7-8700K (OC 5.0GHz - HT Off) | ASUS Maximus X Hero Z370 | Corsair Hydro H150i Pro Cooler | ASUS STRIX-RTX2080TI-11G | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 TridentZ RGB 4000Hz  | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 960 Pro 1TB M.2 (Sim/Games) | Corsair H1000i PSU | Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout Case | Win10 Pro x64

Addons: Many Orbx Products | Many FSD/FB/FT/PacS/LatinV/Aerosoft Airports | ASP4/ASCA | UTL at 35% | ChasePlane | PMDG/FSL/A2A Aircraft

Have you tried deleting all OrbX products, Global, relevant LC and Vector plus removed the SceneryIndexes_x64 from C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4, then verified if the issue persists? If it doesn't, try installing them one at the time, until it starts, always make sure to clean up that SceneryIndexes_x64 and let it make a fresh one each time. 

8700K Delid @ 5GHz (1:1 Uncore / 0 AVX) | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (1909) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

@Sagittarius2018
Have you tried this?
This is the newer version Orbx Central v4. The older version v3 is force migration.
mn1168u.png

Edited by BillS511

Bill

P3Dv4.5.13.32097 ASP4, ASCA, A2A, Milviz, PMDG 7's, RealityXP GNS/GTN, SimElite Solutions TZF

White over White, you're out of sight. Red over White, you're alright. Red over Red, you're dead.

If you are using an add-on airport or airports that include their own landclass together with an Orbx landclass product, it's likely you're seeing a conflict--the Orbx landclass products make changes to the landclass tables, and products that reference the original P3D LC tables will end up seeing the sorts of things you have here, most notably the tell-tale night tiles during daytime.  A bunch of my FlyTampa sceneries had LC bgls that had to be removed to put an end to this.

I'd start by moving or renaming any file that looks to be landclass in any add-ons in the area.  if that doesn't work, I'd uninstall and reinstall the relevant Orbx Landclass product.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

If you have Orbx scenery installed try verifying all the files in Orbx Central. That solved it for me.

• Like 1

I actually found this problem today

I should get the award for the number of times I whack my P3D root install (another story).

Back to topic - 

Here is what I saw and I need to pass my findings to Orbx Central Forums about this.

Black patches seem to happen if you only have Global and or vector installed together.  Most glaring example was around the airport KCJR (Orbx freeware global airports pack installed).  I tried everything verified all installs, sync simulator etc.

Then I installed Orbx openLC NA and it solved the problem.  The missing textures were there with global only.

Very Darn annoying problems.  Kinda worn out with all things I keep discovering

Edited by Skywolf

FSBetaTesters2.png

So many addons; So little time to play with them all.

I had this issue. The fix for me was reverting back to FTX Central instead of using the newer ORBX Central. 

Orman

7 hours ago, Sagittarius2018 said:

Hi, I've read dozens of pages on this topic, in this forum and in others.

Surprised you didn't come across the solution -- go into Orbx config program, and select "verify files" for all products.  Should solve the problem.  

• Like 1

Rhett

i7-8700k @ 5.0 ghz, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1080Ti, 32" BenQ, 4K res

I had the exact same problem as the OP; like him, I read all the ‘fixes’ and none worked except one.   Essentially, I had to do a complete reinstall and load all my ORBX products with central V3.  That solved my problem.  There’s a link on the ORBX support forum explaining the rationale and they still make V3 available for this reason.  I wish I had never installed V4 as it screwed my layers up beyond repair; it cost me hours of rebuilding.  I can’t wait for a new sim to rid of this of this crazy paradigm.  

Matt King