Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

Aerosoft A330 Released!

2 hours ago, sddjd said:

Hmm, strange as I'm having similar range issues on long flights (ie LFPO-FMEE). Multiple planners correctly show it within the fuel load/capability of the 333...

So, just ran dry 1200nm short of FMEE with an empty load (no pass, no cargo) and TO with 168klbs of fuel. Clearly burning fuel at a prodigous rate not consistent with reality.

For ref, the route is in the neighborhood of 9350km. 333 range should be 11k+, especially with no paylod 😂

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

This doesn't look right.......

https://youtu.be/DdkFGunpeQU?t=13

and:

https://youtu.be/1Wf8mAG4hNE?t=14

Well the latest update has really improved things.  Still some minor wonky stuff going on, but its way better than the release final.  

Biggest standout is the EFOB calculation is screwed up.  Always shows a negative fuel.   Just trust your FP and check the flight log waypoints with AFOB.  Did a 4 hour flight and it was pretty close.       Handling much better also. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Just now, HighTowers said:

Well the latest update has really improved things.  Still some minor wonky stuff going on, but its way better than the release final.  

Biggest standout is the EFOB calculation is screwed up.  Always shows a negative fuel.   Just trust your FP and check the flight log waypoints with AFOB.  Did a 4 hour flight and it was pretty close.       Handling much better also. 

Isn't still burning fuel at a much greater rate than it should?

Eric 

14 minutes ago, B777ER said:

5500+-lbs/hr seems reasonable. Not sure what it should be.   N1 was at 78% in cruise although grounding 520 and .81 IAS. I carried a little extra fuel because I didnt know what to expect , but I was ahead the whole way on my flight log by about 5000lbs at every AFOB check.  Just dont freak out because your EFOB says you wont make it. lol

CYVR LSZH 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

The actual fuel burn is pretty much spot on with SimBrief calculations for me. It's just the EFOB values in the MCDU that are way off during flight. Just ignore the EFOB values for now and check the actual FOB against the SimBrief predictions.

Hope they fix that soon.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone have a link to the A330 support forums?  I've searched and search but no joy.  

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

Ahhh...It is that one.  Thanks much!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Just thought I'd give my two cents. Just did my first flight with this A333, GIA WADD-WIII. I encountered essentially all the bugs discussed here, including the GPU that doesn't disappear (reloading fixed it) and the erroneous EFOB calculation. But the actual fuel burn, as other said, was correct. The aircraft is beautiful inside and out. The PBR textures really do look beautiful, and they appear to be implemented well. I will say that ground handling seems incredibly finicky. A small input somehow lasts way too long, causing the aircraft to swerve over the taxiway. I do like the sounds, which make the aircraft sound very powerful. Though I feel that the engines perhaps go a little too loud at lower N1's? Once in the air the aircraft basiclaly performed very well, or at least as good as the smaller Aerosoft Busses have always performed for me (I never had any LNAV or VNAV issues with any of them). Did a 2x acceleration rate, which the aircraft handled just fine. It did seem a tad too happy to descent initially, but I'm not in a position to know if that behavior was right or wrong. Handflying the plane down to the runway was not that easy. Sometimes it felt like I was fighting the FBW rather than that it was helping me, and sadly this is the same sensation I tend to have on the smaller Aerosoft Busses. It seems like it really wants to stick with whatever flightpath it's on. Still got it down fairly well though.

Overall, I did like it. Definitely not there yet, and so I might just fly other planes until some of the glitches and bugs are ironed out. But I'd say this is a promising start and I look forward to see the bug fixes come in. Also looking forward to a dedicated fuel planner and livery manager, both of which don't seem to be included yet.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

5 hours ago, HighTowers said:

HT- by this do you mean that the system will show negative fuel and at some point show zero FOB but the engines will keep turning? 

Just curious as I'd hate to come to the end of a multi hour flight before "testing" this. I am in the mid-5k's for fuel burn as others have noted. Thx.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

I have an issue which I have not been able to solve yet, which is as soon as the aircraft is airborne it oscillates in pitch and roll and this continues even once LNAV/VNAV A/P is engaged and really only stops at cruise.

It then repeats all the way on descent until landing.

It is not weather settings as I have tried with no weather (default P3D) and it is still the same.

I have version 1.0.0.3.

I have searched the Aerosoft Forum but nobody has reported (in so many words) what I seem to be experiencing.

It is not controller spikes either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Just thought I'd give my two cents. Just did my first flight with this A333, GIA WADD-WIII. I encountered essentially all the bugs discussed here, including the GPU that doesn't disappear (reloading fixed it) and the erroneous EFOB calculation. But the actual fuel burn, as other said, was correct. The aircraft is beautiful inside and out. The PBR textures really do look beautiful, and they appear to be implemented well. I will say that ground handling seems incredibly finicky. A small input somehow lasts way too long, causing the aircraft to swerve over the taxiway. I do like the sounds, which make the aircraft sound very powerful. Though I feel that the engines perhaps go a little too loud at lower N1's? Once in the air the aircraft basiclaly performed very well, or at least as good as the smaller Aerosoft Busses have always performed for me (I never had any LNAV or VNAV issues with any of them). Did a 2x acceleration rate, which the aircraft handled just fine. It did seem a tad too happy to descent initially, but I'm not in a position to know if that behavior was right or wrong. Handflying the plane down to the runway was not that easy. Sometimes it felt like I was fighting the FBW rather than that it was helping me, and sadly this is the same sensation I tend to have on the smaller Aerosoft Busses. It seems like it really wants to stick with whatever flightpath it's on. Still got it down fairly well though.

Overall, I did like it. Definitely not there yet, and so I might just fly other planes until some of the glitches and bugs are ironed out. But I'd say this is a promising start and I look forward to see the bug fixes come in. Also looking forward to a dedicated fuel planner and livery manager, both of which don't seem to be included yet.

You describe the issues like it was on initial release. Have you updated to 1.0.0.3?  Quite improved

1 hour ago, sddjd said:

HT- by this do you mean that the system will show negative fuel and at some point show zero FOB but the engines will keep turning? 

Just curious as I'd hate to come to the end of a multi hour flight before "testing" this. I am in the mid-5k's for fuel burn as others have noted. Thx.

Nothing to do with the Fuel on board.  As long as you have the correct fuel amount loaded, go by that for now. The EFOB calculation is messed up and even though your FP route is correct, it shows that you would land with no fuel. Its incorrect. Not sure why it does this.   When I got further to destination , it corrected itself but on the ground at departure , its wrong. 

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

You describe the issues like it was on initial release. Have you updated to 1.0.0.3?  Quite improved

Nothing to do with the Fuel on board.  As long as you have the correct fuel amount loaded, go by that for now. The EFOB calculation is messed up and even though your FP route is correct, it shows that you would land with no fuel. Its incorrect. Not sure why it does this.   When I got further to destination , it corrected itself but on the ground at departure , its wrong. 

Yes I did upgrade.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case