Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

Aerosoft A330 Released!

12 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Seriously, i do not understand why they go this way ?, are they short of money ? 

😉

Might have something to do with MSFS... could wait and test it longer but it might only have 6 months before the new sim’s released 🙂

Edited by NZ255

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The feature is that you can do a Direct To a VOR and enter a Radial, and the aircraft will fly an Arc to that Radial for VOR Intercept.  That IS a capability of the aircraft.  We'll get it worded better.

An Arc? Are you sure?

I think you are mixing it up with the RADIAL IN function of the DIR TO? No ARC is computed AFAIK, you just sequence unwanted waypoints and fly the inbound leg at the selected radial of desired WPT. (FAF:s are defaulted to reciprocal radial)

I'm no Airbus expert by any means, and you are in the beta team. But I would gladly see how the AS A330 executes what you claim it can in your quote.

Best wishes on this release, seems like there was lots of pressure on the servers 🙂 

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

18 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

AKA it's a beta product.

This is hardly beta, nothing like it and nothing like the initial release of the A320 which wouldn't even follow the AP and divert randomly in oceanic waypoints.

It seems to be way more solid and modeling is second to none.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

33 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Does the 330 play nicely with 2x or 4x simrate? 

Great question.

Of course it depends on your system (specs), but on mine:

MY SPECS

i7-4770k with all 4 cores locked AT 4.5GHz, 16GB Ram, and a vanilla GTX 1080 pushing 4 displays (55 inch 4K, and three 23 inch 1080p monitors). An old photo of my system showing the MaddogX Beta is below.

I also run my P3D settings at 4K.

With those specs and settings, I'm able to run x4 Sim Acceleration from just after departure, and above 20,000ft x8 works like a charm for me.  If using time accelation in a climb you'll get a little porpoising, but otherwise it's a gem.

We advertise x4 Acceleation in our documentation, so don't hold me to x8.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Just now, Nuno Pinto said:

This is hardly beta, nothing like it and nothing like the initial release of the A320 which wouldn't even follow the AP and divert randomly in oceanic waypoints.

It seems to be way more solid and modeling is second to none.

Thanks my friend.  Of course you know I agree!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Cheww94 is streaming it on Twitch now.

Its looks very nice inside and out.

Pushing back he had a bug with the fuel constantly refuelling, so no fuel burn at all as this stays the same all flight, wing flex is nice but when he pulled up on runways the wings keep flapping away.

Have a watch! It does looks very nice.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

13 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Cheww94 is streaming it on Twitch now.

Its looks very nice inside and out.

Pushing back he had a bug with the fuel constantly refuelling, so no fuel burn at all as this stays the same all flight, wing flex is nice but when he pulled up on runways the wings keep flapping away.

Have a watch! It does look very nice.

I have seen the same issue. 5+ hours into the flight and tanks are still full.

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Probably the dumbest question ever, but has anyone left "unlimited fuel" ticked like one could in FSX??:blush:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

51 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

I have seen the same issue. 5+ hours into the flight and tanks are still full.

First, some streamers are not using release versions, so I really can't comment about that.

Something else which has existed in all our Airbus models, if you forget to turn the fuel pumps on, you won't get any fuel burn.

The fuel system works just fine in the late Beta and release versions.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

I'm having a hard time with landings. I fly the FSLabs 320 A LOT at my VA and can usually butter in my landings but I'm finding that I get really unstable on approach with the A330. Probably just need to get used to it as the sidestick inputs are different from what I've grown used to. Anyone else noticing this?

I saw a video of the product. I was not really impressed. I think the quality is NOT up to par as far as what simmers would expect given the number of developers that develop high quality products. It would be hard to go back to "FSX like quality" from ten years ago. I will not be purchasing this, nor would I recommend it.  

Peter Osborn

2 minutes ago, CapnOz said:

I saw a video of the product. I was not really impressed. I think the quality is NOT up to par as far as what simmers would expect given the number of developers that develop high quality products. It would be hard to go back to "FSX like quality" from ten years ago. I will not be purchasing this, nor would I recommend it.  

Are you talking systems or modeling? I think the modeling and interior look fantastic and with PBR implemented, it looks nothing like anything from the FSX days.... Are you sure you are watching the correct video? lol

Edited by Tino

Sante Sottile

Tino, yes- I saw the video from fselite. What I'm referring to is the quality of the fonts when zoomed in are blurry.

The other thing I noticed is the EICAS doesn't go into a " rest state" when the engines are off. The start up sounds have some strange gaps that remind me of the startups we expiernced in the early days of FSX. 

The AP was  searching and wasn't able to keep the NAV commands. 

• Like 1

Peter Osborn

47 minutes ago, Bigt said:

I'm having a hard time with landings. I fly the FSLabs 320 A LOT at my VA and can usually butter in my landings but I'm finding that I get really unstable on approach with the A330. Probably just need to get used to it as the sidestick inputs are different from what I've grown used to. Anyone else noticing this?

No, it was fairly stable. Intercepted ILS ok and flew glideslope. Took over manually. Kind of a long landing but Im sure this should behave differently than an A320.  

I think the modelling is actually quite well done.   Videos dont always look good from all the compression that goes on.  The lighting is great, and controllable.  I didnt have a tail logo light in the air for some reason.  The exterior is also really well done with the PBR look.  

Initially took it for a spin around the airport.  Didnt pay attention to much, in fact was even able to start engines without turning on the fuel pumps.  This shouldnt happen, and safety wise should be turned on manually unless I dont have proper knowledge.  The apu should get an automatic feed, but the engines?    2nd , quick 1hr flight CYYZ CYUL.  Although full PAX but no cargo and min fuel, this bird wanted to go go go at engine idle. Easily do 20kts and quickly accelerate.   Perhaps there needs to be a little more ground friction applied.  

Engines sound externally seem a little lacking on startup.  Its rather simplified.  But great to hear the howl sound when getting up to 40% N1 to stabilize. 

AP worked as it should for the short flight albeit a little aggressive actions for a 10 deg course correction.  Yikes. Dont think too many pax would be happy.  Same with the managed descent/ VNAV. While it did keep the profile, just getting there was rather severe whereas I would expect it to do it more gradually and anticipate the TOD just for pax comfort. Eventually I just stabilized myself with a manual V/S.   Also dont know why I had such a low cruise speed in the managed page.  Again changed it manually but this could be something I missed.  

All in all for a quick first impressions... I like it.  Way better than the half baked BBS.    Great to have an A330 in the sim and hopefully they can add more engine variants.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

i just tried my first test flight. 

1. Forgive me if im wrong but you cant click on the FMC to pop it out ??

2. I had pause at top of descent  in the settings, and it plowed straight  through it.

3. Then it wouldnt let me do a managed descent, although using - vs it was bang on where it should be

I managed to get down in one piece, and pulled onto stand and shut the a/c down and ......

4. Then in true aerosoft CRJ style, when i right clicked on screen to do change view, you guessed it, I was treated to a CTD.

Its the same old unpolished gash you now expect from Aerosoft , from a rushed out for christmas release mandate... 

It will get you where you want to go just about...  youll will however need your blood pressure tablets on hand.

The young kids will love it for a couple of days flying under bridges and landing it at GIB or at Lukla or whatever they do with some half baked gimmick they made again.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png