Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Let it snow! Official snow season in MSFS

2 hours ago, Coneman said:

Not only are they doing hard winter, but it looks like it accumulates. That is amazing. Now I'm wondering if regions will reflect the melting and accumulation of snowfall in real life, based on real weather? I would guess it would if this is shader driven? Stunning, never-the-less. Alaska, here I come!!

Agree, Alaska in the Winter in the X-Cub 🙂 And wonder if a float plane will get frozen in the water at the dock if the winter and temperature is really bad. Amazing stuff they are showing us so far! Once again excellent work MSFS Team. And a surprise at that! Weren't suppose to get another update til 1/9/2020. Think we will see videos of Summer, Fall, and Spring soon? I know we basically have seen Summer but maybe we will see steam rising from the runway when it is really HOT 🙂 And Fall colors, and Spring those Geese or Goose or just birds flying around 🙂

Thanks again MSFS Team! Can we get some more surprises 🙂

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

1 hour ago, sanh said:

I love the p3d and xplane are dead posts. Very funny. All sounds great but how will fs2020 run and look on your computer? Does it have seasons? Autumn? Spring? Tree and ground colour changes? Or is it just snow accumulation? What if it was snowing yesterday in canada but not today and I crank up fs2020 today and I see summer textures with no snow since fs2020 wont know there is snow everywhere since it wont be chucking snow on the ground with live weather?

Dropping an unexpected video outside of the usual update cycles on New Year's Day which picks up on one of the most discussed and wished for features, showing how good this feature seems to have been implemented and then doing it half-arsed and lacking would basically contradict their entire approach so far. If they go to such lengths as to include air density and humidity calculations and their realistic impact on weather and aerodynamics for example it's unlikely they'll stop that detail-oriented approach now and do this cheaply. I understand your caution and some are probably taking it a bit far but I think at this point it's time to open up a bit more and embrace what's coming our way this year.

Personally, I'm going to continue flying in P3D until MSFS replaces it for me as I still enjoy it, but I have to admit it has lost some of its shine for me lately.

• Like 17
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Yes, why deleting? I think a lot of planes will not be available at least in the first two years! It is always good to have an alternative! I will definitely keep FSX installed!

Edited by Andiroto
  • Like 2

I must admit that I didn´t really care about seasons till I saw this video.

Amazing.

My flights to northern europe will increase for sure.

Cheers

Carlos

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

9 minutes ago, Andiroto said:

Yes, why deleting? I think a lot of planes will not be available at least in the first two years! It is always good to have an alternative! I will definitely keep FSX installed!

Unfortunately FS2020 has made P3D/XPlane looking like a remastered version of FS2004. 

They have been respectable simulators for their time and will continue to hold a niche place in the future for people who want to fly a high quality payware aircraft like the PMDG 737 but it's not on FS2020 yet or have a home cockpit built for X-Plane. 

Edited by highflyer2020
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

I am glad to see they went the same way xEnviro did (and probably with a better quality), this can only contribute to MSFS being a "next gen" product.

Have we got any proof that they are doing seasons the same way as xEnviro?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

3 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Unreal!  MS sure is making some posters who told us that we couldn't trust them look silly; I guess one bad release (Flight) eliminated almost 3 decades of outstanding products?

I was waiting to see if seasons were going to be included; to me, this is a big deal...it's the reason I never fully committed to Xplane.  With this information, I'm ready to clean my hard drive of my two existing sims and focus solely on this platform.  Using this sim than trying to go back to P3D/Xplane may be like flying the PMDG 737NGXu/Zibo mod, then trying to return to FSX default 737...I think the differences will be massive....

I haven't seen a particular poster for 24 hours plus, hopefully he'll stop the ridiculous posts trying to damage the reputation/true intention of Asobo/MS etc I really think that they are on our side as flight simulator enthusiasts. 

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

3 hours ago, rjfry said:

but let the info come from outside sources

Uh this is an official video.

3 hours ago, ca_metal said:

And you said it would release without seasons... 😂

The devs themselves that said seasons weren't planned for launch during the Q&A at the Seattle get together last year. I guess they changed development priorities after the demand for them came in.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

Uh this is an official video.

The devs themselves that said seasons weren't planned for launch during the Q&A at the Seattle get together last year. I guess they changed development priorities after the demand for them came in.

They never said that... What they said was they didn't had seasons implemented nor planned. A little later they said they would evaluate features customers were asking and try their best to implement them.

But yeah, they never promissed seasons at launch, but they also never denied it could be possible to release the sim with seasons or any other feature the community was asking for (like ATC, AI Traffic etc).

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

1 minute ago, ca_metal said:

What they said was they didn't had seasons implemented nor planned.

That's what I said....

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

That's what I said....

But RJFry was saying it wouldn't be released with it, on other threads. But let's just move on and enjoy this good news.

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

41 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

But RJFry was saying it wouldn't be released with it, on other threads. But let's just move on and enjoy this good news.

That`s what they said at seattle no VR and Seasons on release but would look at it after release, and talked about it again at XO19 in November with FSElite interview, no mention of it being included then and that's just over a month ago. 

And does this mean all 4 seasons included. 

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet, but this video also seems to confirm that they have switched the photogrammetry trees with genetic tree models.  In particular, I am talking about the NYC city scene of Central Park.  This is really good news for those of us who noticed the blocky tree textures that result from photogrammetry techniques.

Unfortunately, they seem to be way too tall (a known issue in previous sims).  They are almost taller than the buildings all around.  These same trees also dominate the background of the Chicago shot.  

Compare the trees in this video with the photogrammetry trees on Bing Maps or Google Earth.

I have no doubt that MS will address this before release.  Just an observation.

Asobo, Jorg & your team in Seattle

What a beautiful gift to the community on the first day of 2020. Snow which means Seasons.

Thank you for listening and your engagement with our community has been breathtaking.

Honestly. I have not been this excited for our hobby in years.

As they say you had me at Hello (first trailer!) but what a year we have ahead of us. We have such an amazing collective of incredibly talented developers and a strong community I just cant wait for all of us to begin this new journey together. 

Having been here since FS95 its a very emotional moment to see technology meet maybe a happy accident when you all decided to see if you could create an entire real world for us to fly in...and you did goddammit! This is going to open what was a fairly niche place to a whole new world literally (Better get those Servers ready!)

Please keep the screenshots/videos coming we really appreciate them.

Happy New Year. x

• Like 9

I imagine its fairly easy to put a layer of white over all Bing images which is just what this is. To alter Bing images for spring and autumn with browns, reds, yellows and greens is much much harder. Be surprised if we have 4 seasons.

Edited by B777ER

Eric