Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Let it snow! Official snow season in MSFS

I honestly was expecting a surprise today or for Christmas 🙂 Thank you!

- Seasons..... Checked

This is stunning, what can I say, I guess we can genuinely expect amazing snow effects on runways and de-ice trucks, that's a given I think 🙂

Bravo, thank you again and keep up!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Not only are they doing hard winter, but it looks like it accumulates. That is amazing. Now I'm wondering if regions will reflect the melting and accumulation of snowfall in real life, based on real weather? I would guess it would if this is shader driven? Stunning, never-the-less. Alaska, here I come!!

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

28 minutes ago, domkle said:

Doesn't cost anything for us to politely ask, right ? And a good PR campaign is always listening to the public "pressure".

Yes! You came to mind when I was done watching the trailer lol.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I  am happy now realistic weather without realistic Scenery would have been a let down.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 minute ago, rjfry said:

I  am happy now realistic weather without realistic Scenery would have been a let down.

And you said it would release without seasons... 😂

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

4 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

And you said it would release without seasons... 😂

Not correct I asked for seasons check back to the first interview when the devs at seattle first test said it was not planed for release along with VR, and I am stunned that Asobo/Microsoft do not inform the community that they follow, but let the info come from outside sources and we have another 6-8 months of drip fed info. Also check JV ORBX he also stated MSFS would not have seasons and he is an INSIDER.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Welp… that about covers it- uninstalling p3d and xplane...

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Not correct I asked for seasons check back to the first interview when the devs at seattle first test said it was not planed for release along with VR, and I am stunned that Asobo/Microsoft do not inform the community that they follow, but let the info come from outside sources and we have another 6-8 months of drip fed info. Also check JV ORBX he also stated MSFS would not have seasons and he is an INSIDER.

AFAIK insiders didn’t even have a complete version of the sim. “Just” 3 aircraft and the scenery/weather. 

And I think we can expect that with all alpha test versions planned... 

Edited by aleex

I'm updating my system build this weekend and I'll be reinstalling P3D - but in a pretty bare-bones setup, because I don't expect to be using it much longer.  Let it snow, indeed!

25 minutes ago, Sticky said:

I thought the same thing... 🙂

Maybe it's Stan LePard making a comeback! 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

5 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Outside sources?! This video was released on their official YouTube Channel.

And don’t get me wrong, I was just kidding with you.

If Jonh Venema must be testing the Alpha, but who said the alpha version the insiders are testing right now already has seasons implemented?! Alphas and Beta versions can have different features disabled.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 6

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

This simulator has just gone up another level for me.

One of the best Christmas presents for me this year, thanks Microsoft.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Very soon, the only place you'll be able to find P3D and XPlane is on the "Find a Grave" website.

• Like 9

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.