Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Let it snow! Official snow season in MSFS

This makes me chuckle!

Transcript of actual conversation overheard at Asobo Studios HQ:

[Jörg Neumann] Dang it! The fans want seasons on release! [shakes fists at the heavens] Why must they be so demanding?! We haven't even started modelling the sleeping bears yet. And then they'll want working ski lifts, little skiers slaloming down the slopes, majestic herds of caribou, yada, yada. It can't be done!

[Lionel Fuentes] But Jörg, you know, the world...zit is cold, haf of it iz very, very cold. We must do zomething.

[David Dedine] Bonne annee mes amis. I've been meening to show you zomething.

•  

5 hours ago, Doug47 said:

Its becoming more and more evident with every video that P3D and X-plane are officially finished. Surely you'll never use them again after this.

I can picture the next FlightsimCon P3D presentation having an empty room. Unless they bring family along...

P3D probably, Xplane no!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

2 hours ago, eaim said:

I haven't seen a particular poster for 24 hours plus, hopefully he'll stop the ridiculous posts trying to damage the reputation/true intention of Asobo/MS.

I think that particular poster died in an avalanche after the snow video was released.

• Like 4

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

4 hours ago, sanh said:

I am excited by fs2020 and will buy it on day 1. I just think people are setting themselves up for disappointment. Very few titles live up to the preview videos and the expectations seem to be reaching god simulator level. I expect the bashing comments immediately after release.

Sometimes the fantasy is better then the reality..

Edited by strider1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

6 hours ago, sanh said:

I love the p3d and xplane are dead posts. Very funny. All sounds great but how will fs2020 run and look on your computer? Does it have seasons? 

Dude they are dead. The sooner you find peace with it the better for you

Edited by 188AHC
Pruned ridiculously long quote,
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Lukas Dalton

2 hours ago, ca_metal said:

But RJFry was saying it wouldn't be released with it, on other threads.

Which is also what the devs said.

6 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Using this sim than trying to go back to P3D/Xplane may be like flying the PMDG 737NGXu/Zibo mod, then trying to return to FSX default 737...I think the differences will be massive....

You can say THIS for sure!

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But MSFS2020 looks so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
It doesn't show signs of stopping
And I've brought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low
When we finally lift off at night
How I hate going out in the storm
But if you really hold me tight
All the way home I'll be warm
The weather is slowly dying
And my dear we're still be flying
As long as you love me so

Happy new year!
  • Like 11

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

I imagine its fairly easy to put a layer of white over all Bing images which is just what this is. To alter Bing images for spring and autumn with browns, reds, yellows and greens is much much harder. Be surprised if we have 4 seasons.

It’s probably a shader, notice how it accumulated on the surfaces in the video. They didn’t just alter the imagery, it’s probably done on the fly in the simulator itself.

Now I’m not an expert on shaders, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there would be a way to alter the colours on the fly to make trees and such look more Autumn like.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, sanh said:

I love the p3d and xplane are dead posts. Very funny. All sounds great but how will fs2020 run and look on your computer? 

3rd party devs are already partnering with microsoft so they can release their products as soon as the sim goes public. I believe pmdg is in the process of porting their 737 for example

Edited by 188AHC
Pruned an exceedingly long quote.

5 hours ago, sanh said:

and I crank up fs2020 today and I see summer textures with no snow since fs2020 wont know there is snow everywhere since it wont be chucking snow on the ground with live weather?

Is that even info that you can get from weather services?

• Like 1