Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Let it snow! Official snow season in MSFS

18 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Outside sources?! This video was released on their official YouTube Channel.

It's up on the MFS site now:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/

Edited by gsand
  • Like 1

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

23 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Not correct I asked for seasons check back to the first interview when the devs at seattle first test said it was not planed for release along with VR, and I am stunned that Asobo/Microsoft do not inform the community that they follow, but let the info come from outside sources and we have another 6-8 months of drip fed info. Also check JV ORBX he also stated MSFS would not have seasons and he is an INSIDER.

Seasons are not confirmed even after this video. What the video shows is a shader based approach in snow (just like the one in xEnviro for XP). When this comes, if it comes in this form, if it comes at all, these are all unknowns for now 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

25 minutes ago, Sticky said:

I thought the same thing... 🙂

Maybe it's Stan LePard making a comeback! 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Thanks Asobo team..... Sweet

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

3 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

Seasons are not confirmed even after this video. What the video shows is a shader based approach in snow (just like the one in xEnviro for XP). When this comes, if it comes in this form, if it comes at all, these are all unknowns for now 🙂

We don't even know if MSFS will be released at all...

I love the p3d and xplane are dead posts. Very funny. All sounds great but how will fs2020 run and look on your computer? Does it have seasons? Autumn? Spring? Tree and ground colour changes? Or is it just snow accumulation? What if it was snowing yesterday in canada but not today and I crank up fs2020 today and I see summer textures with no snow since fs2020 wont know there is snow everywhere since it wont be chucking snow on the ground with live weather?

How long will I enjoy the default aircraft before I miss PmDG, aerosoft, etc. planes which could be years away from being introduced?

I am excited by fs2020 and will buy it on day 1. I just think people are setting themselves up for disappointment. Very few titles live up to the preview videos and the expectations seem to be reaching god simulator level. I expect the bashing comments immediately after release.

Edited by sanh
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sanh said:

I love the p3d and xplane are dead posts. Very funny. All sounds great but how will fs2020 run and look on your computer? Does it have seasons? Autumn? Spring? Tree and ground colour changes? Or is it just snow accumulation? What if it was snowing yesterday in canada but not today and I crank up fs2020 today and I see summer textures with no snow since fs2020 wont know there is snow everywhere since it wont be chucking snow on the ground with live weather?

The "we don't do things half arsed" - attitude by Jörg Neumann comes to mind. 

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

It looks stunning! I am happy! Thank you!

But as I see no hint of ice covered lakes or sea, let's raise the bar a bit. Will we see them? Not forgetting that shallow lakes gets frozen and melts quicker as well as slow running streams. And then we can switch to ice bergs.. See, more candies you give us, more demanding we will get 😉

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800x3d | 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | RTX 3080 | 3440x1440

Woohoo!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Stunning!

Can we make sure we request seasons as a discovery episode ASAP. Would love to see what depth they have gone to here.

Given that MS/Asobo have clearly played the community a bit with the seasons is only in the pipeline and not a guarantee on release statement, makes me question what else is under wraps. 

• Like 3

This is just too good to be true, I'm wondering if I'm dreaming...wow, absolutely stunning.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Transcript of actual conversation overheard at Asobo Studios HQ:

[Jörg Neumann] Dang it! The fans want seasons on release! [shakes fists at the heavens] Why must they be so demanding?! We haven't even started modelling the sleeping bears yet. And then they'll want working ski lifts, little skiers slaloming down the slopes, majestic herds of caribou, yada, yada. It can't be done!

[Lionel Fuentes] But Jörg, you know, the world...zit is cold, haf of it iz very, very cold. We must do zomething.

[David Dedine] Bonne annee mes amis. I've been meening to show you zomething.

• Like 19

Very nice to see the snow on top of buildings.Usually with seasons in ie FSX/P3D when choosing Winter under seasons, the ground is covered but no snow on buildings, vehicles etc, which looks very unrealistic.

If Airport developers like FlyTampa, FSDS, Aerosoft, Orbx etc decide to develop detailed airports for MSFS, will the roofs, vehicles etc. automatically have snow on them with MS/Asobos graphic engine, or will they have to build it into their airport sceneries?

• Like 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Breath taking. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip