Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

Rio de Janeiro- Santos Dumont SBRJ

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that beautiful scenery by Paulo Ricardo yet. Spectacular approach at day and night, for this detail level surprisingly at acceptable performance. Even the FSLabs A319 has made it safely.

Reasonable price as well.

Mike

Edit : Available at Simmarket

Edited by mikealpha
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

14 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that beautiful scenery yet. Spectacular approach at day and night, for this detail level surprisingly at acceptable performance. Even the FSLabs A319 has made it safely.

Mike

Seriously? Do a search on google and see what it yields.

BTW, I received an e-mail from Paolo back in December. He was putting the finishing touches on AG that he added to the area.

It looked beautiful!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

56 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that beautiful scenery yet. Spectacular approach at day and night, for this detail level surprisingly at acceptable performance. Even the FSLabs A319 has made it safely.

Mike

Yeah. It's a beautiful city and one great approach.

You should try with 'Paulo Ricardo MegaRio' city landscape http://pauloricardofs.blogspot.com/. It will give you more immersion on the city during approach to RWY02.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgjxKjRcosQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shd1tNSIHRo

Marco Sarube

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mark11 said:

Yeah. It's a beautiful city and one great approach.

You should try with 'Paulo Ricardo MegaRio' city landscape http://pauloricardofs.blogspot.com/. It will give you more immersion on the city during approach to RWY02.

Hi Marco,

the city scenery is already included with Paulo Ricardos SBRJ scenery at Simmarket. Check it out, it is available since yesterday.

Mike

Yes, looks like a new version or something, so I agree it deserves more airtime. Thanks for posting.

- Aaron

Anyone has any information regarding São Paulo?

We're missing a similar package with an up-to-date Congonhas (SBSP).

Is Paulo re developing São Paulo like he just did Rio de Janeiro?

As an aside, AIG has been adding a good number of SA airline AI  flightplans, models and paints as of late via OCI. MAIW has always had SA military flightplans, models and paints for some time now via its Matrix app.

This is an amazing high quality made scenery. I bought it even though I generally don't fly in South America. That will be a reason for me to fly. With this airport Paulo Ricardo enters to my list of favorite developers. I hope he also does Sao Paulo so we can fly the Sao Paulo - Rio de Janeiro "bridge" in high quality. 

There is so much detail in this airport. Add to this, that you get all Rio de Janeiro cityscape, its a great value for sure.

Edited by ComSimPilot
  • Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

12 hours ago, mikealpha said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that beautiful scenery by Paulo Ricardo yet. Spectacular approach at day and night, for this detail level surprisingly at acceptable performance. Even the FSLabs A319 has made it safely.

Mike

Sorry Mike! I had no idea that the update was released.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Great scenery, thanks for the heads up. South America is a black spot for me, any advice on nice routes to/from Rio with good payware or freeware scenery?

20 minutes ago, Jowl said:

Great scenery, thanks for the heads up. South America is a black spot for me, any advice on nice routes to/from Rio with good payware or freeware scenery?

Payware:
- LatinVFR's SCEL
- Flightbeam's SEQM
- TropicalSim's SBGR*

*(I'm ambivalent about TropicalSim. There's quite a lot of South America scenery by them, but apart from the odd exception, I personally don't find a lot of it worth the price for their quality.

You could get their SBGR scenery and pair it with Paulo Ricardo's Mega Sao Paulo, however, I feel that Mega Sao Paulo is due for a major update similar to what Rio has just received)

Freeware:
- Virualcol's (formerly payware now freeware) SKBO
- es-cenarios.blogspot.com's SBRF
- hisimulation.com.br's SBPA
- rzanollicenarios.blogspot.com's SBBR
- SIMARG (Simulacion Argentina)'s SAWC

Google freewaresceneryfsx to get a comprehensive list of freeware scenery, some of which is hosted here on the Avsim library.

A lot of the better freeware sceneries are hosted on Portuguese- and Spanish- speaking websites, so bring a dictionary!

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

(I'm ambivalent about TropicalSim. There's quite a lot of South America scenery by them, but apart from the odd exception, I personally don't find a lot of it worth the price for their quality.

Tropicalsim SBGR is on sale (-35%) until the end of the month, I think it's quite Ok for that price.

Also very nice, although already 3 years old is Salvador (SBSV) by the same author Paulo Ricardo. Around 2 hour flight to RIo. Comes again with surrounding city.

Not sure about Viracopos - Campinas (SBKP) by Paulo RIcardo, haven't tried it yet. Would be nice for a short hop to Rio. The screenshots look excellent though.

Mike

• Like 1

Having bought all his products was wondering if the new SGRJ package offers better or more detailed scenery of Rio from that previously released as Mega Rio de Janeiro. By the way SBKP package contains photo  real scenery for Campinas that happens to merge nicely with his Mega Sao Paulo scenery.  Some feedback appreciated.

7 hours ago, mikealpha said:

Not sure about Viracopos - Campinas (SBKP) by Paulo RIcardo, haven't tried it yet. Would be nice for a short hop to Rio. The screenshots look excellent though.

Mike

SBKP is regularly visited by Atlas B748F aircraft, I've flown in there a number of times with the QOTSII.  Nice scenery.  It's my first from Paulo Ricardo and I wouldn't hesitate to buy more.

Dan Downs KCRP

https://secure.simmarket.com/paulo-ricardo-rio-de-janeiro-santos-dumont-_-sbrj-2020.phtml

Wow!  Never even heard of this!  It looks amazing and great for the price!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |