Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

Do we Cancel Everything? You still Travelling??

We are moving into a phase when a government will be dammed if they do and dammed if they don't, and shows like FSExpo will be dammed if they cancel just before the event, they are already saying F1 should have been cancelled this weekend.      

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

17 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

Not really, but it is affecting it... 😁

Same reaction! 😆

goggie-ob-teh-week-we-has-an-interest-in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TuFun said:

Same reaction! 😆

I'll introduce you to some of my friends at Norwegian, they are about to loose their jobs... Or how about the plethora of staff at my airline on unpaid leave?? Or the pension cuts the company is proposing along with canning numerous routes? 

Not such a rosey picture is it... 

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

You can hide from the truth all you want but this was caused more than likely due to barbaric act of wet markets and the lack of personal hygiene around them.  I do facts not feels. 

But what is the truth? Is it the story from the chinese government that it began in december from a wet market in wuhan? Is that what you believe is the truth? I’ll tell you what happened to my would-be brother in law in wuhan. He checked in to a wuhan hospital after being diagnosed with lung cancer to begin treatment. Shortly afterwards, he came down and succumbed to a lung infection that none of the doctors could identify. It came up negative for all the tests. Sound familiar? This was in june. This covid-19 has been circulating for months before it ‘started’ in that wet market. So where it started and how is still truly unknown, but the wet market story is convenient, and you can certainly use the wuhan name as an excuse to identify and hate on people that you want to blame for it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KevinAu said:

But what is the truth? Is it the story from the chinese government that it began in december from a wet market in wuhan? Is that what you believe is the truth? I’ll tell you what happened to my would-be brother in law in wuhan. He checked in to a wuhan hospital after being diagnosed with lung cancer to begin treatment. Shortly afterwards, he came down and succumbed to a lung infection that none of the doctors could identify. It came up negative for all the tests. Sound familiar? This was in june. This covid-19 has been circulating for months before it ‘started’ in that wet market. So where it started and how is still truly unknown, but the wet market story is convenient, and you can certainly use the wuhan name as an excuse to identify and hate on people that you want to blame for it.

and sars??  bird flu ?   just remind me where they started again, because they certainly didnt start in east London or west La  did they ?

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

17 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

I'm not modifying my life for a media-driven hoax.

Not even worth reacting to.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

5 hours ago, TuFun said:

Same reaction! 😆

No such verb/word as Effecting... 🥳

Edited by Mgard78
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

and sars??  bird flu ?   just remind me where they started again, because they certainly didnt start in east London or west La  did they ?

Again, no one knows what the truth is. In china, wechat is rife with conspiracy theories that accuse canada. I have personal experience with this virus that points towards a contradiction of the story given by the chinese government about the wet market. I understand your anger, but just make sure you know for sure before you walk out of the pub drunk and beat up the next asian looking person you see, ok? That’s all.

Edited by KevinAu
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

I am what they call at risk age and health but hay we are all in the same boat.

I crossed the age of 50 not long ago, dont know if i am at risk or not,

but according to current data, coronavirus mortality is 3.4%. This figure was announced by the Director of the World Health Organization (WHO) at a press conference on 5 March.

Imagine, its not 2% as was initially believed, how much is 3.4% of 7.5 Billion People on this planet,

do your own math.

Edited by Nedo68

So far 38 Americans have died of coronavirus this year.  So far 710 Americans have died of gun violence this year.  So you see my dilemma.  If I can only choose one when I go out should I wear a surgical mask or a bullet proof vest?  (Yes, I am being facetious here.)

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

19 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

I crossed the age of 50 not long ago, dont know if i am at risk or not,

but according to current data, coronavirus mortality is 3.4%. This figure was announced by the Director of the World Health Organization (WHO) at a press conference on 5 March.

Imagine, its not 2% as was initially believed, how much is 3.4% of 7.5 Billion People on this planet,

do your own math.

Mortality rate is relative to cases. So it's 3 deaths out of 100 infected. For 1 million deaths you would need 33 million infected people. We currently have 57 thousand active cases. 

• Like 3

Hans

33 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

Give @Alan_A posts he linked to above a read. The issue with the 3.4% number is we don’t know the total number infected. Many can carry it without knowing or only showing minor symptoms, and aren’t being counted. In South Korea that number was much lower, for example, as they have done more testing. Either way, it is still looking to be worse than the annual flu. One of the biggest issues is overwhelming medical systems if too many people are infected and need hospitalization at once.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2