Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

F1's GTN Complete v2.14 released

Hi guys:

F1 just announced two days ago that a new version of the GTN Complete product has been released. The new version v2.14 is now supporting the newest Garmin PC Trainer v2.7.0.0 also recently released.

Does anyone has tried to successfully perform this update?. Could you please post the steps used for a successful update?

Regretfully, to me the F1 support people seem to be a little cryptic with the update instructions and several users have started to post questions after having failing updates.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

13 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Does anyone has tried to successfully perform this update?. Could you please post the steps used for a successful update?

just done it this morning, used the flight1 purchase tool,

Run the tool as admin

I deleted the previous version ( download history ie ver 2.13) within the tool.

Run the download ver 2.14

you will get a message to up date the Garmin trainer ( so you need to uninstall the previous ver package 2.6) so the F1 update tool directs you to the Garmin download page.

Install the gamin package 2.7

bob

Edited by onebob

What's cool with the Garmin trainer is that it has an update option if you run the Garmin utility from the Windows start menu.

Mario Di Lauro

Not seeing that in my 'start menu' , if I click on the Shortcut 'Garmin  Aviation Trainers'  (and run as Admin, otherwise it wont run) and  click on about there is an update check there.

bob 

Go to “ About”. Here  you find  “check for updates”

Jac

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

2 hours ago, onebob said:

just done it this morning, used the flight1 purchase tool,

Run the tool as admin

I deleted the previous version ( download history ie ver 2.13) within the tool.

Run the download ver 2.14

you will get a message to up date the Garmin trainer ( so you need to uninstall the previous ver package 2.6) so the F1 update tool directs you to the Garmin download page.

Install the gamin package 2.7

bob

Thanks Bob, very useful. Will try later today.

Posted the same questions at the F1 forums and nothing heard yet from F1 support, the worse of them all!. If seems F1 is charged money for each word they use to give explanations to their customers.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I updated F1‘s  GTN complete through their purchase tool as well as the Garmin Trainer and everything works fine.

Felix

Why does updating the GTN and Trainer send chills down my spine? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

30 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You're not the only one...

Got it re-installed after my fourth attempt...first time I had to disable MS Defender A/V to install.

3 hours ago, Flyfox said:

I updated F1‘s  GTN complete through their purchase tool as well as the Garmin Trainer and everything works fine.

What improvements do the F1 GTN and Garmin Trainer updates provide, or are these mainly minor 'bug fix' updates?

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, ark said:

What improvements do the F1 GTN and Garmin Trainer updates provide, or are these mainly minor 'bug fix' updates?

Thx,

Al

According to the F1 site, not many improvements, only minor bugs and added compatibility with the most recent Garmin PC Trainer.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

You're not alone!. Apart of this, very, VERY bad F1 support.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

According to the F1 site, not many improvements, only minor bugs and added compatibility with the most recent Garmin PC Trainer.

Cheers, Ed

Well, unless the new Garmin Trainer has some significant improvement(s) to offer, I may just hold off on risking the agony of updating for a while.

I see RXP has just put out a GTN750 update as well. RXP updates go a lot smoother in my experience.

Thx Ed,

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah, I got tired of those chills.  So I moved to RXP and no more chills! 👍

Greg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, lownslo said:

Yeah, I got tired of those chills.  So I moved to RXP and no more chills! 👍

Greg

Me too...😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.