Sign in to follow this  
Chase

In memory of Jim Young

Like so many I am saddened to learn of Jim's passing.  For so many years he was a bedrock of our hobby and the Avsim community.  Always helpful, always patient, and always leading.  Condolences to his family.

Greg

• Like 1

So sad to hear, Jim had helped so many over the years and added so much to our hobby.  He will be missed by all!

Martin

• Like 1

OMG! Over the years he has helped me, as he had with others, to iron out the issues with MSFS etc. He will be sadly missed for sure!

My condolences to his family to his family.

Sincerely, Martin

• Like 1

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

How very sad indeed. Rest in Peace Jim. You will not be forgotten.

• Like 1

Captain to First Officer: " I didn't say it was your fault I am just blaming you " 

Sad and Sorry to read these news.
To me, Jim was a warrior and a friend. Having his illness he was here to the last moment.

Rest in Peace Jim.

Edited by RamonB
  • Upvote 1

Sad to hear.  Great guy who's been around here for years.

My condolences to his family.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

We did not always agree but the disagreements were always polite.

One of nature's true Gentlemen.

May God rest his soul.

Thanks Jim for all you did for others and me. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I'm going to miss you Jim. Gosh our last message was when you told me you were at the hospital very ill but you will try to answer my question . This shows the type of person Jim was , not even in the very end he wouldn't stop to help others. I thought you could pull out of this one buddy . So much time we chat about other stuff beside flightsim. Like golf gosh Jim how much you love Golf . No more pain my friend no more. Still can't believe this is real. My thoughts and prayer are with Jim family and friends. Hope you an Tom are together some where playing Golf.

• Like 1

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

A name heterogeneous in the community. A person I interacted with in several occasions with his exuberant knowledge and willingness to help. I will greatly miss you Jim. Soar high my friend.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Rest in peace my friend. God bless you.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Again our hearts break. And in breaking reveal our great love for you and the gratitude for your charity. God bless you, Jim.

I recall not so long ago Jim's annoucement of his diagnosis and the appearance of his picture on his posts.

He posted almost up to the end.

His dedication to AVSIM and the help he provided will be missed...RIP

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Deeply saddened ro hear about Jim. One of the pillars of the FS community. Supportive, generous, knowledgeable, helpful, kind and patient. A real gentleman.

My fondest memeory of hiim is from when he was part of the legendary Real Air.

His Turbine Duke, and Legacy are as immersive and engaging now as they were when I first bought them years ago. In 2014 I had wanted to get the V2 upgrade of the Turbine Duke at a discount, but apparently I didn't qualify and the new key code did not work. So I wrote and asked Real Air, and Rob replied to me personally, explaining why I did not qulaify.  But in this case he gave it to me anyway at no extra cost.

So his legacy and that memory of his kindness lives on.

Rest his soul in peace. condolences to his family and loved ones.

Ray