Sign in to follow this  
Mochi

ASP3D downloading now

I reinstalled my P3D and it is still crashing if AS is enabled.

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

How did you get AS to work please?

2 minutes ago, pgde said:

I bought mine from PCA and the upgrade worked fine.

I first bought ASN from PCAviator. That was back in 2014 and they don't list that purchase anymore in their records. But that's also not the problem because the ASN license does not qualify today. The next upgrade was in 2016 from ASN to AS16. That purchase was made at the now defunct flightsimstore, I have the serial but not the order number. I then bought ASCA (also at flightsimstore) and last ActiveSky for XP at simmarket. So that leaves me with a valid ASP4 license which I cannot upgrade without an old order number from flighstimstore. Apart from the fact that the order number makes no sense anyway, why is the new installer not just checking that the current ASP4 is legitimate? I am pretty neat when it comes to installation files but I don't have each and every Email from years ago. Anyway, maybe HiFi bothers to answer or I am just going with another weather engine. They may arguably be the best, but luckily not the only one. 

Hans

6 hours ago, mobiel said:

Is a uninstall of ASP4 required for v4.5?

Negative. The ASP3D installer will ask if you want to remove the *.xml entries of ASP4. Answer "yes" so you don't get two versions of Active Sky running.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I'm in the "same boat"!  Cannot find an order number and I have every serial number from way back HiFi purchases.  That really sucks! I changed computers and email addresses in the last year or so, and that contributes to the complication.  This ORDER NUMBER requirement is a low blow.

Stan

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

Please don't make AVSIM even more tedious to navigate. 

What's tedious about adding another forum? It will actually stream line P3D v5 threads. Right now everything is all over the place. 

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

21 minutes ago, spilok said:

I'm in the "same boat"!  Cannot find an order number and I have every serial number from way back HiFi purchases.  That really sucks! I changed computers and email addresses in the last year or so, and that contributes to the complication.  This ORDER NUMBER requirement is a low blow.

Stan

Stan, 

I created a ticket and asked HiFi for order info and in less than 24h I received the information. It took me 5 minutes to update my P3D v4.5 to HF3 a few minutes to install AS P3D and I was testing a few minutes later. Having said all that, I do not like having to log into an account & so far my REX SF clouds do not look like they did before the update. I might be going back to ASP4.

Right now Hi-Fi is swamped with support requests so we will need some patience.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

28 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Anyway, maybe HiFi bothers to answer or I am just going with another weather engine. They may arguably be the best, but luckily not the only one. 

You’ve posted multiple times here criticising HiFi. As far as I can see 1. You were the one who lost your order details 2. Hifi is being very reasonable about helping people out who find themselves in this situation. 

Give them a chance. These guys are a quality operation who are kindly giving us a free update for our new sim. 

• Like 5

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

So far, 2 flights with ASP3D and 2 CTD. Settings same as prior too.  

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

1 hour ago, hjsmuc said:

I first bought ASN from PCAviator. That was back in 2014 and they don't list that purchase anymore in their records. But that's also not the problem because the ASN license does not qualify today. The next upgrade was in 2016 from ASN to AS16. That purchase was made at the now defunct flightsimstore, I have the serial but not the order number. I then bought ASCA (also at flightsimstore) and last ActiveSky for XP at simmarket. So that leaves me with a valid ASP4 license which I cannot upgrade without an old order number from flighstimstore. Apart from the fact that the order number makes no sense anyway, why is the new installer not just checking that the current ASP4 is legitimate? I am pretty neat when it comes to installation files but I don't have each and every Email from years ago. Anyway, maybe HiFi bothers to answer or I am just going with another weather engine. They may arguably be the best, but luckily not the only one. 

Since the Flightsimstore has disappeared, your old order number may not be taken into account by the new ASP3D. To be seen with HIFI

I can't find my license key or order number for ASP4. What now?
Please go to the reseller website where you purchased, login, and view your order history. If your reseller is no longer available, you may contact our support department and open a ticket, providing as much info as you can so we can look up your license. If your reseller IS available, we will not be able to provide order lookup support at this time.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

Damian reset my order this morning from pc aviator in 2016. Log in made a account time to fly now. Damian is a very nice guy. 

Edited by reecemj
  • Like 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

45 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

You’ve posted multiple times here criticising HiFi. As far as I can see 1. You were the one who lost your order details 2. Hifi is being very reasonable about helping people out who find themselves in this situation. 

Give them a chance. These guys are a quality operation who are kindly giving us a free update for our new sim. 

Just to put things right, I only criticized that they require order numbers in addition to licenses. And I did not loose my order details otherwise I would't have been able to upgrade for 4 years. Only one number from the old store is missing. I am waiting for their response, just thought this process could be a bit quicker. And there seem to be a few more people in the same boat. 

Hans

4 hours ago, BMW969 said:

Clouds are displayed in only one layer.

Shadows on earth are present.

Flickering texture of the plane. But FPS is excellent.)) 4K

Hi,

Sorry for the (short) off topic but the PMDG DC-6 works in P3Dv5?

Thank you.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I cant activate it. Its a big mess to put this order number.

I see that I bought it in FlightSimStore - this webstore doesnt work now! 

If I have account on HiFi store (support ticket, Forum) I must create again the profile?

And what is this new licence key?

AS.png

SQzqtNam.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I entered the old license key for V4 and AS accepted it.

But my I get CTD while starting up P3D when AS is installed.

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming