Sign in to follow this  
Shack95

80 more detailed airports

As we know there will be 80 more detailed airports and an unknown number of highly detailed “iconic airports”. Some of these I think are as good as confirmed, thanks to the screenshots and footage. These are:

• EIDL Donegal Airport
  • EGLL London Heathrow
  • LFLJ Chourchevel
  • KASE Aspen/Pitkin County Airport
  • KJFK John F. Kennedy International Airport
  • KLAX Los Angeles International Airport
  • KORD Chicago O’Hare International Airport
  • KSEA Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
  • KSFO San Francisco International Airport
  • KTEX Telluride Regional Airport
  • MRSN Sirena Aerodrome 
  • NZQN Queenstown Airport
  • SBGL Rio de Janeiro – Galeão International Airport
  • TFFJ St. Barthelemy Airport
  • TNCS Juancho E. Yrausquin
  • VNLK Tenzing-Hillary Airport, Lukla

Another source is the world map that we got a glimpse of in two of the videos. Here, some airports are marked with a star. It has been speculated here and on Reddit that these could be the more detailed airports. Indeed, it seems that the above listed airports do have a star on the map. However, they might as well be favourite sites or airports where there’s missions such as e.g. landing challenges. Since some landmarks (e.g. the Atomium in Brussels) are marked with a star as well and since some of these “star airports” are rather strange choices (e.g. La Salette is basically just a grass strip and not an airport) I tend to believe that the stars are challenges.

But even if they are challenges (or favourites, which I somehow doubt), it still makes sense that at least some of them are more detailed. Why should challenges/missions take place on generic airports that don’t look that good? From Asobo’s perspective, this wouldn’t make much sense. Below I’ve listed some of the "star airports". It goes without saying that this is all speculation and perhaps a bit of educated guessing and that none of this is officially confirmed.

• CYTZ or CYYZ Toronto
  • EHAM Amsterdam Schiphol
  • LFPS Notre Dame de la Salette
  • LIUG Campo di Volo Tignes Airport
  • LXGB Gibraltar International Airport (pretty sure this one is detailed, but not 100%)
  • KDEN Denver International Airport?
  • KMCO Orlando International Airport?
  • KSEZ Sedona Airport?
  • OMDB Dubai International Airport

What airports do you think are the others? Some of them are really hard to pinpoint, for instance those two in Alaska (Ketchikan?).

9Ntb7T8.jpg

Edited by Shack95
airport added
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Here's what I'm at least hoping for:

- New IST airport

- CDG

- YVR

- YYZ

- KIX

- SIN

- KUL

- GVA

- ZRH

- YYC

- CPT

- BRU

- LIS

- VIE

- MUC

- FRA

- CPH

- EDI

- DPS

- HKT

• Upvote 1

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

31 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

- VIE

I hope so too. One of my main hubs! 😄

@Shack95 Great post once again! Pillar of community award. 😉

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

What about Lukla?

Afbeelding

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

2 hours ago, Shack95 said:

As we know there will be 80 more detailed airports and an unknown number of highly detailed “iconic airports”. Some of these I think are as good as confirmed, thanks to the screenshots and footage. These are:

• EIDL Donegal Airport
  • EGLL London Heathrow
  • LFLJ Chourchevel
  • KASE Aspen/Pitkin County Airport
  • KJFK John F. Kennedy International Airport
  • KLAX Los Angeles International Airport
  • KORD Chicago O’Hare International Airport
  • KSEA Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
  • KSFO San Francisco International Airport
  • KTEX Telluride Regional Airport
  • NZQN Queenstown Airport
  • SBGL Rio de Janeiro – Galeão International Airport
  • TFFJ St. Barthelemy Airport
  • TNCS Juancho E. Yrausquin
  • VNLK Tenzing-Hillary Airport, Lukla

Another source is the world map that we got a glimpse of in two of the videos. Here, some airports are marked with a star. It has been speculated here and on Reddit that these could be the more detailed airports. Indeed, it seems that the above listed airports do have a star on the map. However, they might as well be favourite sites or airports where there’s missions such as e.g. landing challenges. Since some landmarks (e.g. the Atomium in Brussels) are marked with a star as well and since some of these “star airports” are rather strange choices (e.g. La Salette is basically just a grass strip and not an airport) I tend to believe that the stars are challenges.

But even if they are challenges (or favourites, which I somehow doubt), it still makes sense that at least some of them are more detailed. Why should challenges/missions take place on generic airports that don’t look that good? From Asobo’s perspective, this wouldn’t make much sense. Below I’ve listed some of the "star airports". It goes without saying that this is all speculation and perhaps a bit of educated guessing and that none of this is officially confirmed.

• CYTZ or CYYZ Toronto
  • EHAM Amsterdam Schiphol
  • LFPS Notre Dame de la Salette
  • LIUG Campo di Volo Tignes Airport
  • LXGB Gibraltar International Airport (pretty sure this one is detailed, but not 100%)
  • KDEN Denver International Airport?
  • KMCO Orlando International Airport?
  • KSEZ Sedona Airport?
  • OMDB Dubai International Airport

What airports do you think are the others? Some of them are really hard to pinpoint, for instance those two in Alaska (Ketchikan?).

Thanks for the infos. I see also Cairo and probably Saudi Arabia as well? 

Edit: Also, Istanbul (Turkey) and Athens most probably

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

I'm surprised we haven't seen Sint Maarten,TNCM in any screenshots yet. It's one of the most dangerous airports in the world, so I can't imagine that it won't be detailed.Also Corfu and Skiathos has some amazing approaches, with Skiathos having a very sloped runway. So these three airports are high on my wishlist.

BTW. Shack95, have you given up on the In-game vs.Satellite photos? There's still a few from the last dev. update that needs names. 🙂

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

How about EINN Shannon, considering that it has been shockingly overlooked by just about every airport developer in the history of flight simulation?

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

26 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

I see also Cairo and probably Saudi Arabia as well? 

Edit: Also, Istanbul (Turkey) and Athens most probably

I think these are landmarks. They have the same symbol as the Atomium in Brussels which is highlighted in the first screenshot. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that the ones you mentioned are the pyramids, Mecca (Kaaba and maybe that huge clock tower building next to it), the Hagia Sophia and the Acropolis. But I could be wrong of course.

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Just now, Shack95 said:

I think these are landmarks. They have the same symbol as the Atomium in Brussels which is highlighted in the first screenshot. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that the ones you mentioned are the pyramids, Mecca (Kaaba and maybe that huge clock tower building next to it), the Hagia Sophia and the Acropolis. But I could be wrong of course.

Oh indeed. Makes sense!

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

10 minutes ago, jlund said:

I'm surprised we haven't seen Sint Maarten,TNCM in any screenshots yet. It's one of the most dangerous airports in the world, so I can't imagine that it won't be detailed.Also Corfu and Skiathos has some amazing approaches, with Skiathos having a very sloped runway. So these three airports are high on my wishlist.

Me too. Maybe they coordinated this with 3rd party devs, who knows.

16 minutes ago, jlund said:

have you given up on the In-game vs.Satellite photos? There's still a few from the last dev. update that needs names. 🙂

Yeah I know. I tried but gave up rather quickly. The one with the airport and the lake/fjord shouldn‘t be too difficult, or so I thought. Ideas are much appreciated.

1 hour ago, jlund said:

I'm surprised we haven't seen Sint Maarten,TNCM in any screenshots yet. It's one of the most dangerous airports in the world, so I can't imagine that it won't be detailed.

Hmm...I'll see what I can do 🙂

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Sounds good Krakin, then we can only hope they pick it to show in the next update.

Sorry Schack95, I have absolutely no idea where to start looking, so I'm afraid I can'thelp 🙂

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

7 hours ago, Krakin said:

Hmm...I'll see what I can do 🙂

Glad for you bro!

How is st.Lucia looking man? I think you can confirm without breaking any NDA😝

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jlund said:

BTW. Shack95, have you given up on the In-game vs.Satellite photos? There's still a few from the last dev. update that needs names. 🙂

I think, TNCM isn't so much dangerous. Not for pilots, maybe for spotters behind the fence 🙂 . I woud like to see LGSK Skiathos, it's a very dangerous due to extremely short and narrow runway, only about 1700x30m with slope. Probably shortest in Europe with planes traffic up to the Boeing 757 category.

Edited by ludekbrno
  • Like 1