Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Microsoft's answer to ActiveSky

'Defintely agree. Cant share anything due to NDA, but seriously though the sim is going to blow people's mind. The fact that you can actually EXPLORE our planet is such a huge generational leap. 

Honestly cant wait for the NDA to be lifted so I can share hundreds of screenshots I took in the past two days. Also lots of 3rd party devs will finally be able share what they're working on. Its going to be a gigantic influx of cool stuff to drool over the next few months.

Thank you Asobo & Microsoft.

Happy Flying !!.

This was posted in another thread. Great Positive Post.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, eslader said:

Personally, I wouldn't. A lot of games have used this technique. X4 comes to mind. No Man's Sky is another. Every space station looks like one of a very few prefab stations.

Something to keep in mind, is that asobo is also using building footprints for airports as well, so it's not like they'll be putting in miscellaneous randomly placed squares and rectangles as Autogen, vis-a-vis our current Sims......

As a general rule I think we can expect a little bit better than that.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 hours ago, snglecoil said:

Ok....are you arguing with me or agreeing? I think we are of the same opinion, but maybe the way a stated it was unclear. (edited my original statement for clarity)

I was disagreeing, because I indeed understood the wrong way you have said. LOL

Sorry,

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

All good, @ca_metal! I can totally see how it could have been taken the exact opposite of how it was intended. 

Edited by snglecoil

Chris

I'll drop this here. Having just switched perspective from outside to inside view, after spending a day checking out the MSFS Alpha I'll say that I closed it after a lengthy testing session with a wide smile on my face. I know it's easy to say now, but some of you shouldn't worry so much.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Some very strange comments here. After all, since officially announced by @Rob_Ainscough that it’s only game and not for serious flight simmers at all, we’re still seeing some reporting here it will be ‘the future’ for flight simulation. 

Even after LM’s spokesperson mentioned it’s nothing more then a fun game, some are still convinced it’s otherwise? Do they not listen? 

Do they not read the hundreds if not thousands of posts here and at reddit of Alpha testers saying how terrible it is and don’t bother signing up and recommending everyone to stick with the other flight simulators? 

Just show me screenshots of the enemy bunnies I need to shoot in this ‘game’, and not undulations of runways. Seriously...💥

• Like 6

LM's licensing maneuverings aside, their product is a game too. It happens to be a game that's realistic enough that you can actually use it to some efficacy in training, and for purely contractual reasons LM now is legally required to call it "not a game," but it's still a game. In fact, seeing as they took a game, and re-named it a "serious training simulation," they have tacitly admitted that the definitions of those two things are fluid enough that a product can, in fact be both.

So, yeah. 2020 is just a game. But it's also a sim. Just like P3d with better graphics. 😉

Edited by eslader
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

The issue is that FS 2020 is still very much an alpha and yet people judge it like it was a final product.  They are in a phase to test specific things (which I cannot share). Of course, the simming community, as usual, is critiquing the sh*t out of it like their livelihood matter. Until it is much further along, until we get access to a somewhere close to a final beta build, it's ridiculous to set the game to the same standard as a game that has been release for an extended period of time.  We have no idea what Asobo has up their sleeves they are not sharing with us.  I think some member of avsim community has a financial commitment to other sims and it's making them a bit bias towards their choices.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

On 6/12/2020 at 10:59 PM, eslader said:

This is actually the one thing that concerns me most with MSFS.

FSX had a live weather system too, but eventually the license ran out and MS didn't renew it, so it stopped working. Fortunately, AS and Rex were around to take up the slack.

If enough people switch to 2020 fast enough and use its built in weather, will AS or Rex be able to survive until MS drops support for it?

On the same note, I imagine Navigraph isn't too thrilled right now either.

Who cares? They delivered a good product, but it's so out of date right now... Disappearing clouds, sudden rainfall and so on. MS practically killed the others with this built-in weather. And they won't be charging ridiculous money for it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

I can agree with the sentiment that FS2020 is a game - but its going to be a REALLY GOOD one!

Cheers 

bs

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

16 hours ago, Thomasso said:

Who cares? They delivered a good product, but it's so out of date right now.

It won't be out of date until FS2020 comes out. Until then, it's the most advanced weather system available for desktop sims. And those of us who like to fly with live weather care, because if at some point in the future FS2020 stops delivering live weather, as happened with FSX, then a 3rd party will have to step in, and hopefully there will be one around to do so.

On 6/16/2020 at 3:10 PM, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Really...Orbx - touch this?...

Not all airports are that quality.

A vast majority will still just be generic buildings placed roughly where they are in real life.

Only a handful will be high quality, and a few others (I think they said 80 or so?) will receive extra attention but not that high quality.

Edited by Tuskin38

The default airport that we see in the video clip in today's update looks pretty much like I was expecting after they showed us the ingredients in the feature discovery series. The Alpha testers in this thread made it sound like they have something more going on.

Edited by Kopteeni

13 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

The default airport that we see in the video clip in today's update looks pretty much like I was expecting after they showed us the ingredients in the feature discovery series. The Alpha testers in this thread made it sound like they have something more going on.

I agree these generic buildings are pretty underwhelming. Hopefully still work in progress, otherwise that would be a massive disappointment for me.

12 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

I agree these generic buildings are pretty underwhelming. Hopefully still work in progress, otherwise that would be a massive disappointment for me.

They can salvage something out of those lego bricks if they can improve the textures. Currently those doors and windows don't make any sense. Maybe someone just effed around in Paint3d for a few minutes and imported them in.