Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

ORBX TE Oregon

45 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

But everything is smooth over London

I want others to check. There may be a problem on my side.

I go from 80-90 to a few small dips for maybe a second at 45 departing kpfx turning toward downtown but after the single dip or two isn’t returns to normal. Most likely loading in all the buildings etc.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Looks pretty good in the preview shots: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/193501-introducing-trueearth-oregon-for-p3dv4/

I have the X-plane version, but might actually pick this up after all as I'm fairly impressed with these pics, and it would be nice ot have a good long stretch of the west coast for uninterrupted flying.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

Oh yeah no where near that level of stutter for me.

Agreed, that just looks wrong.

BMW, I've only seen stutters like that when my CPU or GPU hits 100% - check what both of these parameters are running at.

Under normal circumstances, P3D v5 should be super smooth (at least by FSX/P3D standards).

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I get stutters like that in various locations around the UK in P3Dv4.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Agreed, that just looks wrong.

BMW, I've only seen stutters like that when my CPU or GPU hits 100% - check what both of these parameters are running at.

Under normal circumstances, P3D v5 should be super smooth (at least by FSX/P3D standards).

I checked again. Looks like you're right. After stuttering, the processor shows a load of 98%.

I launched version 4.5 and there the flight is much better. Of course, standard micro stuttering is present, but this is a characteristic 4.5

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

5 hours ago, Nemo said:

Probably nobody could install because of unfounded "not enough disk space" error. I have nearly 1TB free, how much more does it want?

Check where Orbx has your temp files. In my case it was on my C drive which was almost full even though my Orbx main folder is on another drive. I got the error then changed the temp folder to the other drive then it worked. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

17 hours ago, bbain1187 said:

Check where Orbx has your temp files. In my case it was on my C drive which was almost full even though my Orbx main folder is on another drive. I got the error then changed the temp folder to the other drive then it worked. 

I discovered the cause of serious stuttering. This is the "Extremely dense" autogen building setting. As soon as I set the slider to "Dense", the stuttering went away.

Orbx overdid with the number of buildings in Portland.

It remains to find out the cause of the flickering clouds when using the old engine.

22 hours ago, BMW969 said:

The large mostly white buildings in the center of the video is "Intel" if anyone was wondering. They are doing a massive expansion right now. I can almost see my house in that shot too. I'm going to install this tonight and fly around, being looking forward to OREGON's release.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

On 7/1/2020 at 3:09 PM, BMW969 said:

I launched version 4.5 and there the flight is much better. Of course, standard micro stuttering is present, but this is a characteristic 4.5

Of course?  Whenever I see this I can't help but contest it because I"ve had no micro stutters in P3D for 6 straight years now, and 5.5 of that was on 6.5y/o hardware.  I have always had the rare 'long frame' only in the most complex of scenarios, when for reasons that to me can only be explained by failure to take this into account in the terrain loading algorithm employed in the sim.  It just happened a moment ago when the main thread was happily moving along around 65% when all of a sudden it pegs to 100%, then it goes right back down to a pedestrian 65% again, or so.  To me this suggests the sim does not look at the current load, and when a complex terrain tile or set of tiles suddenly is called up exceeding the bandwidth of something, not sure exactly what.  It strikes me that by now the sim would be smart enough to look at existing load and pick off parts of that big tile instead of loading the whole banana.   I think perhaps v5 solved this, if so that is worth considering over prior versions.   I'm playing w/ FFTF Dynamic to see if there is a sweeet spot that might help with this but results are equivocal thus far.

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Why did ORBX refuse from HD versions for P3D? For x-plane this is offered.

Edited by BMW969

Any recommendations for good quality airports (Including Orbx) for this region of TE? 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

1 hour ago, ssair1 said:

Any recommendations for good quality airports (Including Orbx) for this region of TE? 

• Flightbeam KPDX
  • Orbx KVUO

I like the combination of these two.

There are a few smaller GA airfields in Oregon by Orbx:
OG39, 05S, 7S3, S45
Some of these come with additional smaller strips. As I don't own any of these smaller fields, I don't know if they are any good or not.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Also with no airport it can be very fun: land on Crater Lake in a float plane!

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

On 7/3/2020 at 9:38 PM, Noel said:

Of course?  Whenever I see this I can't help but contest it because I"ve had no micro stutters in P3D for 6 straight years now, and 5.5 of that was on 6.5y/o hardware.

Same here, 5yr old Jetline.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:38 PM, Noel said:

I'm playing w/ FFTF Dynamic to see if there is a sweeet spot that might help with this but results are equivocal thus far.

Causes stutters on my system. Dialing in HT with an AM fixed that, along with RTSS.