Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

STANDARD / DELUXE / PREMIUM -- thoughts?

On 7/13/2020 at 11:28 AM, Turpentine said:

Given how cheap the beta XBox game pass is, I'm planning to subscribe for a month or two, see how everything runs, then buy whatever version I feel would fit my needs best.

My question is does game pass lets you try out the Premium Deluxe or is it just standard ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

12 minutes ago, mr340 said:

My question is does game pass lets you try out the Premium Deluxe or is it just standard ?

Xbox Game Pass for PC is Standard ONLY with your Subscription!

You ONLY see this option on the Microsoft Store when you choose the Standard option.

2020-07-15_17-51-07

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

1 minute ago, in2tech said:

Oh well standard it is out of the box. I sign up for game pass subscription for one month. It only cost me 1USD for the first month . Depending how I feel about the standard then I will mostly likely make the jump to Premium Deluxe.

• Like 1

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

6 minutes ago, in2tech said:

You ONLY see this option on the Microsoft Store when you choose the Standard option.

2020-07-15_17-51-07

Actually No. I get this message saying this game is a bundle on the game pass app. That's why I had to ask if game pass give you access to the premium deluxe.

Mr Leny

Not sure what you are asking, as nothing for FS2020 will be on Xbox Game Pass for PC till August 18th the release date. I know you can Pre-Order the download version. My understanding is that people that already are in the Xbox Game Pass for PC, will see it on or after August 18th. But I don't work for Microsoft so I don't know, and my understanding is they will ONLY have access to the Standard version. But I could be wrong, that's my understanding.

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

45 minutes ago, mr340 said:

Oh well standard it is out of the box. I sign up for game pass subscription for one month. It only cost me 1USD for the first month . Depending how I feel about the standard then I will mostly likely make the jump to Premium Deluxe.

If you signed up for Game Pass today, the first month for $1 will run out right about the time the sim is released. I would recommend waiting until much closer to release before taking advantage of the deal to get the most out of it.

• Upvote 1

Just saw there's a 10 DVD boxed set soon to be available as well!

Game still needs an internet connection though!

Chris Camp

8 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Just saw there's a 10 DVD boxed set soon to be available as well!

Only in Europe, distributed by Aerosoft. I think I read somewhere "at first" implying there will be DVD sets for other parts of the world later but don't nail me down on it.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

18 hours ago, mr340 said:

Actually No. I get this message saying this game is a bundle on the game pass app. That's why I had to ask if game pass give you access to the premium deluxe.

Actually yes.😉 The bundle is the sim installer plus 'Digital Ownership' which I'm guessing might be some sort of DRM file to identify it as a digital version and owned by you - a licence of sorts, though I could be wrong on that part.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

18 hours ago, mr340 said:

If you are just a subscriber to Gamepass PC you will "only" get the standard edition during your subscription. That was already confirmed. If you BUY the premium deluxe edition, then Gamepass will recognize this and will give also you access to premium deluxe within the app. However, if you buy premium deluxe you do not need the gamepass app (or even be a subsciber) to access and use MSFS.

At least that´s my understanding and that´s how it is currently handled with other MS titles which are both standalone and Gamepass included like Gears of War 5, Forza Horizon 4 etc.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Heavy Metal said:

If you are just a subscriber to Gamepass PC you will "only" get the standard edition during your subscription. That was already confirmed. If you BUY the premium deluxe edition, then Gamepass will recognize this and will give also you access to premium deluxe within the app. However, if you buy premium deluxe you do not need the gamepass app (or even be a subsciber) to access and use MSFS.

At least that´s my understanding and that´s how it is currently handled with other MS titles which are both standalone and Gamepass included like Gears of War 5, Forza Horizon 4 etc.

Thanks I will consider the premium deluxe after trying the standard version.

22 hours ago, goates said:

If you signed up for Game Pass today, the first month for $1 will run out right about the time the sim is released. I would recommend waiting until much closer to release before taking advantage of the deal to get the most out of it.

Yes this exactly my plan. Can't wait for this new sim .

Mr Leny

Sign me up for the Premium version - no brainer 🙂 

Rich Sennett

We need a countdown on this forum! 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Only Premium has the Virus SW121 in it ... no-brainer for me!!

I wonder if there are benefits of buying the boxed Premium 2020 sim,  am i getting more for my money and can you still download the game instead of using the discs