Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

STANDARD / DELUXE / PREMIUM -- thoughts?

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

If you buy the $4.95/month subscription to it, you get MSFS Standard for free.

I'm currently a couple of weeks into a 3 month free subscription, thanks to buying my new PC with a qualifying Ryzen CPU, so it looks like I'll get to try out the basic version for (up to*) 10 weeks before deciding if I want to buy one of the upgraded versions!🤩 

(* up to, as they may take it off Game Pass before then of course).

5 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Yes, it's only the Gamepass itself that is in beta.

I wonder how many more times that's going to be posted before release day?😄 

Microsoft seriously need to reword  that sentence about Game Pass [Beta] before forums go into meltdown with everyone correcting the confused!

I definitely would prefer a boxed version, so I hope whatever version I go for, it's one of the two that Aerosoft will be selling.

The only airports really tempting me to get Premium are Heathrow and O'Hare, and even KORD isn't too important to me. I can see how EGLL looks in standard form while testing in Game Pass. As for aircraft, I tend to fly all the default aircraft at first but then only a handful of them after a short while before settling on what payware to go for, so nice as the Dreamliner would be, I can manage fine without it, hopefully.

Too bad my two most commonly used airports haven't received the premium treatment, but you can't have everything.

Edited by 109Sqn
Boxed version comment & typo

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

7 hours ago, FPStewy said:

the comments says that it's nothing like in the previews and another said that he dislikes it and looks arcade like so....

Well in all fairness, there’s been one or two here that said they think FS9 still looks better, so I take them with a grain of salt. 😂 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

10 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Well in all fairness, there’s been one or two here that said they think FS9 still looks better, so I take them with a grain of salt. 😂 

Hmmmmmmm......?!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

56 minutes ago, Doering said:

Let’s think positive and assume there will be no major patches or fixes.

OMG...You must be trying to pull our leg!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

That's a good question. I'm in, too.

Cheers, Ed

The answer is YES. You can upgrade anytime from version to version. It is in the FAQ as I had this question as well.

Furthermore I wasn't sure if I needed the gamepass. The rep typed out that unless you want to fly online, you do NOT need the gamepass. So does this mean the "live" (live traffic and weather) portion of the sim doesn't function? I'm not sure.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

As a long time simmer I feel, maybe wrongly so but probably not, that MS2020 is "the next big thing" to hit our community. I represents a paradigm shift. So, it's not a question of whether I will get it or not, but which package I'm getting. 

This depends on the type of person you are, I guess. I am the type that can save and skimp on non-essentials, but when it comes to my passions and hobbies, I don't skimp. I go for the full package. I want access to the full range of the sim with all it's little details (however little I'm actually gonna use them). Just like I would buy the deluxe collectors edition of any game I'm passionate about, I will of course get the premium deluxe edition of MS2020 because it is the only package that has every part of it included. 

That hasn't got much to do with economy or rooted in a functional analysis of the parts included. I just want the full package, and I deem 120$ worth it since it will be quite a while untill I'm gonna pay that much for a sim again. I pay that kind of money for a single study level aircraft already. 

This kind of logic isn't applicable to everyone, and you need the available funds to do it. 

• Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

There should eventually be a fourth tier you can buy or upgrade to: MSFS Ultimate Professional:

• New Aircraft (737 Max, A321, Piper m600, Pilatus PC12, Mooney M20 etc)
  • New Airports (KATL, KDFW, WSSS, TNCM, LFMN, LIRF, OLBA, YMML, VHHH etc)
  • Art Controls Settings (Contrast, HDR, Tone, Color Saturation, Depth of Field and lens effects etc)
  • Better Flight Planning and import from Simbrief etc.
  • Improved VFR Map.

Greazer.

Im hoping there is a relatively painless upgrade path from standard since, more for financial reasons than value, i will probably get that over the deluxe or premium .

Also.. for a non-hand crafted airport, look at  Jelknab96's video in the 6/25 update.. he said on reddit that  its GCHI which is not listed as a hand crafted airport. And the  buildings look like autogen . I would be fine with that..  although I would say xplane's default version looks better. Just the airport buildings.. the default scenery around the airport looks better in MFS .

on that note, it would be cool if microsoft would release a world editor publicly  .

Edited by Wewk584
first sentence didnt make sense . now it makes some sense

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

Just now, Greazer said:

There should eventually be a fourth tier you can buy or upgrade to: MSFS Ultimate Professional:

• New Aircraft (737 Max, A321, Piper m600, Pilatus PC12, Mooney M20 etc)
  • New Airports (KATL, KDFW, WSSS, TNCM, LFMN, LIRF, OLBA, YMML, VHHH etc)
  • Art Controls Settings (Contrast, HDR, Tone, Color Saturation, Depth of Field and lens effects etc)
  • Better Flight Planning and import from Simbrief etc.
  • Improved VFR Map.

Greazer.

Nvidia has already just added most of those effects.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I pre-ordered the premium version the minute I saw I was able to. I'm really looking forward to trying it out, but I'm disappointed that it is not VR ready. I won't be giving up x-plane 11 until I can use vr in FS 2020

I pre ordered the premium too. I have tested every version so far and I expect it to be more than what you think it will be

There will be some glitches, no doubt. However, with some input there will be corrections. Have faith. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I ordered the premium version before I even looked to see the differences. Bugs? Don't care. No track IR? Don't care. Favorite airports aren't detailed? Don't care. Favorite aircraft aren't available? Don't care. AC aren't study level? Don't care. Cost? Would pay twice as much. Might need new computer? Ouch. but will get if needed.

It wasn't that long ago that I thought I was stuck with FSX or one of those knock-offs forever, now it's Christmas!

• Like 4

When Microsoft updates this version with new airports and planes in a year's time, I'm assuming there will be a small upgrade price?

Edited by JWxTreme

2 hours ago, Wewk584 said:

Im hoping there is a relatively painless upgrade path from standard since, more for financial reasons than value, i will probably get that over the deluxe or premium .

Based on the FAQs, you can start with the standard version and upgrade later, although it may cost a bit more to do it that way..  seems to me that you would be just fine.  🙂

Bert